1997 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews 2

1997 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

1997 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
The longer the better
By Steve Lin on 11/04/06 21:23 PM (PST)

1997 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

When this car just passed standard 3 years warranty, the a/c board goes out. But after that, this car engine has been so reliable and just change oil and pump gas. The other minor defect is the antenna went out twice on me. I put $450.00 Navigation System and no more upgrade needed.

Great Vehicle
By Hoosierfan01 on 09/11/06 10:05 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

We've driven this van for the last 4 years and have been well pleased with its performance. The engine is rock- solid, requiring very few repairs despite the 153,000 miles on it. We drove it from Indiana to Florida three times without incident. The three vs. four doors became more of an issue once we had a fourth child, but before then it was not bad. The one downside is lack of storage space - tough to go on a trip without using the roof rack.

142,000 and going strong
By GatorT on 08/23/05 09:42 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

This has been an excellent ride. I dislike the thought of giving it up - I may just wait until it is a decade old! Car has been extremely reliable. Small amount of regular maintenance has kept it very road worth. Recent strut replacement gives it back original smooth ride. Had trouble early on with door locks that seemed to have a mind of their own. Also, seat belts quit retracting early in the relationship. "Sarah" has been through much and still retains most of that "grilish" look. Happy the new model has second door. With kids getting older probably won't go for another van but definitely Nissan is a qulity producer of cars.

Quest
By Klaus on 07/21/05 01:37 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

My Quest has had some problems since I bought it. I have had to replace the flex pipe as it was rusted for $360 at Speedy Muffler. This quieted the exhaust substantially. The transmission used to bump abruptly into second gear but since I changed the tranny fluid and filter the smoothness has improved substantially. Air bag light came on one day but local Nissan dealer cleared the codes for free. They said it may have been caused by a low battery. These are great guys at Doner Nissan in Newmarket,Ontario.

A reqal baby -- our '97 Quest
By Roger Jerrell on 07/16/05 21:51 PM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

This little mini-van has been the best car I have ever owned. She rides well, handles well, and just keeps on going. With nearly 300,000 miles and nothing but oil chanes and plug wires, it has worked perfectly. We jsut drove it this month( July 02- 15, 2005 ) from south Florida to Seattle Washington via the South Dakota Balands, Yellowstone National Park, The Grand Teton mounain range, the Rockies and it never missed a beat. 25 miles on the highway and 22 around town. I hope your car can compare with this little gem. Roger J. Fort Myers, Florida

'97 Quest
By Sharon on 02/24/05 22:52 PM (PST)

1997 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

We bought the van used, with 84,00 miles already on it. Other than the wind noise edmunds mentions, we have had excellent service out of this van. It has great acceleration, fuel economy, and is quite comfortable on long trips. This particular van has the removable center row captain's chairs, which really makes a lot of room for cargo. Best used car I have ever owned.

Would buy again
By Keith Grill on 12/27/04 17:51 PM (PST)

1997 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

I have seen complaints about brake problems with the Nissan Quest, but the brakes on my '97 Quest were not touched until 100,000 miles, and then the rotors were in excellent shape and I just had a new set of premium quality pads installed (the rear were good). I replaced the timing belt and lower ball joints at about same time as brakes, and that's it! This van has never let me down. It starts great and gets me where I'm going.

My experience with 97 Quest
By Hawklady on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

Overall this van was a good choice. The only problems I`ve had were brakes constantly needing work done on them. The pads needed changing often.

good vehicle
By yambu on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

very comfortable gas miles per gallon could be better,just 23 hwy miles and 17 city engine power , not to powerful for the size of the van.A zooming noise the i just find out that is fuel pump(common problem on nissan quest) i use to have a 4 cil.(mazda)that the gas milleage was 24 city,36hwy im complaining about it because gas price today is on the sky.$2.38 per gallon (nyc)

Looking for greener grass
By Unhappy Camper 2 on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

We purchased our Quest in December of 1999 with around 22K miles. We currently have 63K miles. We have had brake problems, throttle replaced, electric problems and currently we have had to replace one of the fuel injectors. I seriously doubt I will consider purchasing another Nissan product. We put very few miles on this vehicle and service it regularly. We bought Nissan because we had heard good things about the quality. Our experience has not been positive. Like others, I believe the wind noise on the highway is excessive. I also feel this is a poor quality product.