1997 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
17 years and still going
By sirshaggy on 12/13/14 18:16 PM (PST)

1997 Nissan Quest Minivan XE 3dr Minivan

My van now has 114,596 miles on it. This van has only been used for trips and a few times as a daily driver. I have been all over the West with it. I have followed the service interval from day 1. I run Amsoil always and have never had any major issue's. I've had 3 batteries, The alternator replaced at 86K, I had the brakes replaced at 45K & 90K, A fuel pump at 113K and just got my 4th set of tires on it. That said, I am just about to have shocks, struts and the brakes done as they have 3mm left. I am in need of the Drivers side master control switch (Power windows and locks) and a major service. Tune Up, Oil, Transmission, Power Steering fluid and coolant. It will last another 10 years easy

Mom's Fun Van!
By Mom4Five on 01/06/10 09:43 AM (PST)

1997 Nissan Quest Minivan XE 3dr Minivan

It has all the features I would ever really use. Great stereo, air conditioning, and heater. Comfortable seating all around. It is VERY reliable in quality and performance. Never a problem. The mini-van handles well around corners. It accelerates promptly when entering the freeway, even with a van full of high schoolers. This is my "No worries, Take me anywhere van!" I have never had to use the roof rack because I could just take out a bench seat to use it for hauling. I LOVE my mini-van!

Good for the long run
By CR on 02/25/09 10:54 AM (PST)

1997 Nissan Quest Minivan XE 3dr Minivan

The van to this point has been rather inexpensive to maintain. Very comfortable for long driving trips. No so good were the original tires, Generals. The van does not handle that well, I was passed up by Semi's on the Pennsylvania turnpike. Average fuel economy, the EPA sticker is a little optimistic for city mileage. Averages 16 in the city and 23 on highway.

Couldn't ask for a better vehicle
By 1997 nissan quest va on 05/14/08 07:36 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Quest Minivan XE 3dr Minivan

The day I saw my Nissan I was so excited! I know it sounds like I was bringing home my baby for the first time, and it was! It rides great, it feels so open, and comfortable! Believe it or not but we still have our Nissan, and it still runs good (it's 10 years old) and it still looks good! I am selling it, only to buy another Quest! When talking about selling our van my 8 year old starts to cry because this is the only vehicle he has had to ride in and he loves it. he gets one seat and his sister gets the other. Everyone in our family has their place in this van! We love it!! It was truly a blessing from God when we got this van!

1997 Nissan Quest
By css on 12/09/07 09:00 AM (PST)

1997 Nissan Quest Minivan XE 3dr Minivan

Bought it new in 97 and still have it. Excessive engine noise. Bad electrical problems (once for rear AC, twice for EGR valves), poor brakes, frequent tire wearout, transmission is sticking (I hope that does not break down before I sell). I have had fair share of problems for 114k miles. I would not buy another Nissan again.

Great Vehicle
By Hoosierfan01 on 09/11/06 10:05 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Quest Minivan XE 3dr Minivan

We've driven this van for the last 4 years and have been well pleased with its performance. The engine is rock- solid, requiring very few repairs despite the 153,000 miles on it. We drove it from Indiana to Florida three times without incident. The three vs. four doors became more of an issue once we had a fourth child, but before then it was not bad. The one downside is lack of storage space - tough to go on a trip without using the roof rack.

Quest
By Klaus on 07/21/05 01:37 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Quest Minivan XE 3dr Minivan

My Quest has had some problems since I bought it. I have had to replace the flex pipe as it was rusted for $360 at Speedy Muffler. This quieted the exhaust substantially. The transmission used to bump abruptly into second gear but since I changed the tranny fluid and filter the smoothness has improved substantially. Air bag light came on one day but local Nissan dealer cleared the codes for free. They said it may have been caused by a low battery. These are great guys at Doner Nissan in Newmarket,Ontario.

A reqal baby -- our '97 Quest
By Roger Jerrell on 07/16/05 21:51 PM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Quest Minivan XE 3dr Minivan

This little mini-van has been the best car I have ever owned. She rides well, handles well, and just keeps on going. With nearly 300,000 miles and nothing but oil chanes and plug wires, it has worked perfectly. We jsut drove it this month( July 02- 15, 2005 ) from south Florida to Seattle Washington via the South Dakota Balands, Yellowstone National Park, The Grand Teton mounain range, the Rockies and it never missed a beat. 25 miles on the highway and 22 around town. I hope your car can compare with this little gem. Roger J. Fort Myers, Florida

'97 Quest
By Sharon on 02/24/05 22:52 PM (PST)

1997 Nissan Quest Minivan XE 3dr Minivan

We bought the van used, with 84,00 miles already on it. Other than the wind noise edmunds mentions, we have had excellent service out of this van. It has great acceleration, fuel economy, and is quite comfortable on long trips. This particular van has the removable center row captain's chairs, which really makes a lot of room for cargo. Best used car I have ever owned.

My experience with 97 Quest
By Hawklady on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Quest Minivan XE 3dr Minivan

Overall this van was a good choice. The only problems I`ve had were brakes constantly needing work done on them. The pads needed changing often.