Used 1997 Nissan Quest GXE Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Wish I Had Purchased Something Else
By maggies97

1997 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 3dr Minivan

I actually purchased this van d/t all of the positive reviews here on Edmunds. I purchased my van at 192,000 miles from a couple who had pristine records on the van and claimed 'no problems' other than maintenance. This van has left me stranded twice now, including once while away in another state where I knew no one and was using the van to do a craft show. It seems to have a lot of issues with the fusing/ electrical system and I have had to had the fuel pump replaced. Yes, I understand it is an older van and repairs will be necessary, but I have sunk over $3000 in repairs in just the past 9 months I've had it. Wish I would have done more research.

I do like the 6-disc magazine CD player-- that's probably my favorite part of the van. It has power windows, seats, etc. that work ok.

Could be much more reliable as far as the fuel pump, electrical system, fusing, etc.

wont stop till the tire drops
By georgescu

1997 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 3dr Minivan

so we got the car with 196k its got 340 now starter just went out 25 bucks this car is insane and plus we drive alot!!!!!!!!! if u need a reliable car this car would be best for the penny pincher economy wise person and too this day it drives strong

gas and just first key it starts m

the one thing that would have been nice for this car is a more durable oil pan seal other than that a tank... wont die till the tire falls off

97 Quest
By Steve

1997 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 3dr Minivan

I bought my Nissan Quest as brand new for my new born daughter, the A/C controller goes out twice, recently A/C just replace with refurbish system, Engine runs good never break down, HP is limited for lane passing. The brake make some noise but works fine to stop the car. No major repair.

reliable engine never need to call AAA for road assistance. Captain Seats arrangement

More HP, more MPG, A/C quality, Brake quality

Great for our family
By kgjmkan

1997 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 3dr Minivan

After 6 years, we just sold our GXE. It was a fantastic van. The two tone color was beautiful, loved the style and was extremely reliable. Van was loaded: auto lights, premium stereo, auto sunroof, AC, cruise con, alloys etc. East to drive and comfortable. Best family vehicle we've had. Easy to drive. Not a bulky feeling van.

'97 GXE
By yankdolf

1997 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 3dr Minivan

Great minivan. Only a few annoying things: all buttons and switches were sticking. Rear wiper and side windows were electrically intermittent. Very reliable. 3.0 6-cyl is strong enough with decent gas mileage. Transmission was strong and could easily handle mountains. Never had a major issue with this van.

Visibility, power and overall comfort. Loved the ability to remove captains chairs and slide rear seat wherever I needed it. This van can carry a lot of stuff.

None since the new ones are completely redesigned and don't even resemble this model.