1997 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
17 years and still going
By sirshaggy on 12/13/14 18:16 PM (PST)

1997 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

My van now has 114,596 miles on it. This van has only been used for trips and a few times as a daily driver. I have been all over the West with it. I have followed the service interval from day 1. I run Amsoil always and have never had any major issue's. I've had 3 batteries, The alternator replaced at 86K, I had the brakes replaced at 45K & 90K, A fuel pump at 113K and just got my 4th set of tires on it. That said, I am just about to have shocks, struts and the brakes done as they have 3mm left. I am in need of the Drivers side master control switch (Power windows and locks) and a major service. Tune Up, Oil, Transmission, Power Steering fluid and coolant. It will last another 10 years easy

Wish I Had Purchased Something Else
By maggies97 on 09/29/12 21:14 PM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

I actually purchased this van d/t all of the positive reviews here on Edmunds. I purchased my van at 192,000 miles from a couple who had pristine records on the van and claimed 'no problems' other than maintenance. This van has left me stranded twice now, including once while away in another state where I knew no one and was using the van to do a craft show. It seems to have a lot of issues with the fusing/ electrical system and I have had to had the fuel pump replaced. Yes, I understand it is an older van and repairs will be necessary, but I have sunk over $3000 in repairs in just the past 9 months I've had it. Wish I would have done more research.

Mom's Fun Van!
By Mom4Five on 01/06/10 09:43 AM (PST)

1997 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

It has all the features I would ever really use. Great stereo, air conditioning, and heater. Comfortable seating all around. It is VERY reliable in quality and performance. Never a problem. The mini-van handles well around corners. It accelerates promptly when entering the freeway, even with a van full of high schoolers. This is my "No worries, Take me anywhere van!" I have never had to use the roof rack because I could just take out a bench seat to use it for hauling. I LOVE my mini-van!

wont stop till the tire drops
By georgescu on 12/28/09 17:35 PM (PST)

1997 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

so we got the car with 196k its got 340 now starter just went out 25 bucks this car is insane and plus we drive alot!!!!!!!!! if u need a reliable car this car would be best for the penny pincher economy wise person and too this day it drives strong

97 Quest
By Steve on 06/22/09 15:07 PM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

I bought my Nissan Quest as brand new for my new born daughter, the A/C controller goes out twice, recently A/C just replace with refurbish system, Engine runs good never break down, HP is limited for lane passing. The brake make some noise but works fine to stop the car. No major repair.

Good for the long run
By CR on 02/25/09 10:54 AM (PST)

1997 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

The van to this point has been rather inexpensive to maintain. Very comfortable for long driving trips. No so good were the original tires, Generals. The van does not handle that well, I was passed up by Semi's on the Pennsylvania turnpike. Average fuel economy, the EPA sticker is a little optimistic for city mileage. Averages 16 in the city and 23 on highway.

Great for our family
By kgjmkan on 11/06/08 00:29 AM (PST)

1997 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

After 6 years, we just sold our GXE. It was a fantastic van. The two tone color was beautiful, loved the style and was extremely reliable. Van was loaded: auto lights, premium stereo, auto sunroof, AC, cruise con, alloys etc. East to drive and comfortable. Best family vehicle we've had. Easy to drive. Not a bulky feeling van.

Couldn't ask for a better vehicle
By 1997 nissan quest va on 05/14/08 07:36 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

The day I saw my Nissan I was so excited! I know it sounds like I was bringing home my baby for the first time, and it was! It rides great, it feels so open, and comfortable! Believe it or not but we still have our Nissan, and it still runs good (it's 10 years old) and it still looks good! I am selling it, only to buy another Quest! When talking about selling our van my 8 year old starts to cry because this is the only vehicle he has had to ride in and he loves it. he gets one seat and his sister gets the other. Everyone in our family has their place in this van! We love it!! It was truly a blessing from God when we got this van!

1997 Nissan Quest
By css on 12/09/07 09:00 AM (PST)

1997 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

Bought it new in 97 and still have it. Excessive engine noise. Bad electrical problems (once for rear AC, twice for EGR valves), poor brakes, frequent tire wearout, transmission is sticking (I hope that does not break down before I sell). I have had fair share of problems for 114k miles. I would not buy another Nissan again.

'97 GXE
By yankdolf on 05/30/07 07:19 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

Great minivan. Only a few annoying things: all buttons and switches were sticking. Rear wiper and side windows were electrically intermittent. Very reliable. 3.0 6-cyl is strong enough with decent gas mileage. Transmission was strong and could easily handle mountains. Never had a major issue with this van.