1996 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
Nissan Quest
By Fadi on 08/18/10 20:15 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

I purchased this Nissan Quest twelve years ago & had no problems with it whatsoever. It has now 148,000 miles & still runs like a new car. Problem is I like to buy something newer & I'm not sure what to buy, not only that, I don't want to give this car away. In my opinion this car is worth much more than what the book shows.

Best car we ever had in our family !
By Braune Family on 10/02/09 20:28 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

We love this car. We bought it in 1996 in California. It was our family car - 3 kids + 1dog. 55.000 miles - driving all year - never had any problem. Family moved - we shipped the car to Germany. Have been driving the car all the years - super cold winter, snow, Oktoberfest, hot summers.... never ever had any problems. Sparc plugs the same... Our grandchild likes the car. We had lots of other cars - BMW, Mercedes etc... they all had quality issues. Mercedes pretty bad. The Nissan Quest 1996 is a dream car. Pleasure to drive - still. Looks like pretty new - no rost, no problems. Our kids are out of the house and this car is still doing very well. It has 112.000 miles - BEST CAR EVER !!!

Started out Great but....
By j*****k on 03/16/09 08:51 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

We bought this van to haul our family back to Nebraska to visit family, this van started out being a very nice reliable van but, after about 5 trips to NE and once to AR. and back to MN. It developed an exhaust leak that can't be found or fixed and as a result doesn't have good acceleration or power. Likes to eat up batteries, in the time we have owed, it has used 4. We also had to replace the radiator at about 110,000 miles. Would not recommend this van to a friend. This van has never left us stranded but, always seems to need some thing done.

Will run forever
By cgardner on 02/12/07 12:27 PM (PST)

1996 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

We have loved this little van . We call it the little red van that could, because it never stops, it just keeps going. We drove this van for seven years before we had to put in our first non-maintenance repair. Every year we say, "Maybe we can get one more year out of her." And we do!

Love my Nissan Quest Minivan
By Holly Bolinger on 06/29/05 16:03 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

I love this vehicle. I have put 56,000+ miles on it since I purchased it approx. 4 years ago and have had no major issues, other than normal maintenance. I feel safe no matter where I go; in-city or on the road. As with any car, though, keepting the oil changed regularly is a must. The Quest doesn't "eat" brakes as a few cars I have previously owned tended to do. One thing that has happened that I'm not so thrilled about is the automatic antenea has quite working but the radio still works just fine. In the future, I will continue to buy Nissan or foreign-made cars. I don't make enough money to take chances.

Great Minivan
By richrich on 12/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

I bought this minivan in 1996 and still drive to work everyday. It is very reliable and never had any major problems. The only components I replaced so far were the air controller and motor on the air conditions (dual) for $500. Anything else was done by warranty. Fun to drive especially on free way. I took a round trip to Las Vegas(2,000 miles) by myself without any problems. It is a great minivan only requires rountine maintenance. Great highway gas milage and average for city. Dual air is an excellent option. You will like it!

Nissan Quest
By lpsiggs on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

I have LOVED this car. It was a demo that I gor with 4,000 miles on it in 1997. It has made 8 round-trips from Tucson to Seattle in addition to numberous other trips, and we have never had a serious problem with it in almost 8 years!

My experience with Nissan Quest
By Saibal K. Ghosal on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

The engine and the transmission is of superior quality. However, the body style and engineering seems to have a greater scope of improvement. The service center of Nissan is unexpectedly less courteous and efficient. I had the same experience with all three service centers I visited in Atlanta. It seems that they try to get most from a small set of customers since the volumes of Nissan vehicles are not comparable to those of Toyota and Honda.