Used 1995 Nissan Quest XE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

1995 Nissan Quest

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Well Worth the Money
By Choirboy1964

1995 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

I purchased the vehicle in 2004 with 65K on it for 4300 dollars. It has been very reliable. Only thing to go wrong over the last 6 plus years was the rear AC unit failed and the break lines rusted. Sadly I am selling the car (to a friend though) as we purchased a new Odyssey.

Favorite Features

Reliability. Solid drive train

Suggested Improvements

Quirky electronics

Father with 2 boys
By DAD16

1995 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

I'm very impressed with my Nissan Quest XE minivan. Especially this last winter, when it started on the first try everytime in snowy winter weather that was consistently 20 degrees and below. I'm also impressed with the engine power this minivan has. The manual overdrive has also been very helpful when climbing steep grades. The gas mileage is well within competitive range of any minivan in its class. The sleek body and look of this van stays current. The interior has a very classy and clean look to it. I have not had one engine related problem since I have owned it. Perfect for a single dad with sole custody of two little boys. I love driving this van all over. I recommend it to anyone!

Favorite Features

Wide view front windshield. Cool back tinted windows. Heater works great. Strong mid passenger heater too. Rollout third seat is very cool on camping trips and for extra storage potential. With frontwheel drive, and manual overdrive, this van holds its own on the highway, even in diverse weather.

Suggested Improvements

My main concern is only that the automatic front passenger seatbelt motor can be potentially damaged if the front sun visors are in its way. The side mirrors could be bigger for more coverage. And again for more coverage, the Quest should have been built with a (custom) drivers rearview mirror.

Good value -new models not so good
By DICK

1995 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

Bought at 60000 miles, now have 230,000. 24 mpg, comfortable, good protection, good power. Driving long miles 100 per day. Looking to 300k.

Favorite Features

Power, room, mileage, dependability.

Suggested Improvements

Ugly color at light green but bought it anyway. Now am used to it.

My Baby
By Alicia

1995 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

My husband and I bought this about 2 years ago when my son was born. We owned a Buick Century and realized that we needed a bigger vehicle, due to having our son and 4 dogs at the time. We bought it with 115k on it and now has close to 136k. We had to get new tires, and replace the sway bar end links and the speed sensor, but that was due to poor maintenance from the prior owner. I love my van and if I could afford a new one I'd buy it in a heartbeat. She was worth EVERY penny I put into her. Extremely reliable vehicle. She's my baby.

Favorite Features

Perfect for a family of 4, or even for a family of 6. Very comfortable ride, plenty of room, decent gas mileage, cup holders - lots of them, the storage under the passenger front seat.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing. She's pretty perfect.

Don't by if u need reliable A/C
By ZQuest

1995 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

I have had this car since the beginning. Engine has been fine but have sunk thousands into the A/C. Am on the 3rd compressor & it has just gone out. Also relaced core & rear unit.

Favorite Features

Body has held up very well in tough winters & salt air.

Suggested Improvements

Air Conditioning reliability.