1995 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews

1995 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

1995 Quest Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Well Worth the Money
By Choirboy1964

1995 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

I purchased the vehicle in 2004 with 65K on it for 4300 dollars. It has been very reliable. Only thing to go wrong over the last 6 plus years was the rear AC unit failed and the break lines rusted. Sadly I am selling the car (to a friend though) as we purchased a new Odyssey.

Favorite Features

Reliability. Solid drive train

Suggested Improvements

Quirky electronics

Wish They Made Them All Like This
By Happy Camper

1995 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

We must be living right. We have owned this van for over 8 years and bought it at 100,000mi and to date we have now 242,000 mi and still going strong. We are second owners and we have only needed to replace the A/C, passenger windshield motor and radiator. We also replaced the timing belt b/c our mechanic said we needed to. Everything works on the inside but sometimes the locks seem to have a mind of their own. I wish they made them like they used to. We are looking around for another solid mechanically sound vehicle just in case she gives up the ghost, but as of this writing, no other vehicle has good consumer reviews in the price range we can afford. So we will just keep on driving her.

Favorite Features

Electric sunroof, dependable, comfortable, great visibility, rear glass opens independently, everything still works and looks good for an ol' girl. Except those darn locks!

Suggested Improvements

Please fix the locks!

Father with 2 boys
By DAD16

1995 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

I'm very impressed with my Nissan Quest XE minivan. Especially this last winter, when it started on the first try everytime in snowy winter weather that was consistently 20 degrees and below. I'm also impressed with the engine power this minivan has. The manual overdrive has also been very helpful when climbing steep grades. The gas mileage is well within competitive range of any minivan in its class. The sleek body and look of this van stays current. The interior has a very classy and clean look to it. I have not had one engine related problem since I have owned it. Perfect for a single dad with sole custody of two little boys. I love driving this van all over. I recommend it to anyone!

Favorite Features

Wide view front windshield. Cool back tinted windows. Heater works great. Strong mid passenger heater too. Rollout third seat is very cool on camping trips and for extra storage potential. With frontwheel drive, and manual overdrive, this van holds its own on the highway, even in diverse weather.

Suggested Improvements

My main concern is only that the automatic front passenger seatbelt motor can be potentially damaged if the front sun visors are in its way. The side mirrors could be bigger for more coverage. And again for more coverage, the Quest should have been built with a (custom) drivers rearview mirror.

Good value -new models not so good
By DICK

1995 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

Bought at 60000 miles, now have 230,000. 24 mpg, comfortable, good protection, good power. Driving long miles 100 per day. Looking to 300k.

Favorite Features

Power, room, mileage, dependability.

Suggested Improvements

Ugly color at light green but bought it anyway. Now am used to it.

My Baby
By Alicia

1995 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

My husband and I bought this about 2 years ago when my son was born. We owned a Buick Century and realized that we needed a bigger vehicle, due to having our son and 4 dogs at the time. We bought it with 115k on it and now has close to 136k. We had to get new tires, and replace the sway bar end links and the speed sensor, but that was due to poor maintenance from the prior owner. I love my van and if I could afford a new one I'd buy it in a heartbeat. She was worth EVERY penny I put into her. Extremely reliable vehicle. She's my baby.

Favorite Features

Perfect for a family of 4, or even for a family of 6. Very comfortable ride, plenty of room, decent gas mileage, cup holders - lots of them, the storage under the passenger front seat.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing. She's pretty perfect.

Don't by if u need reliable A/C
By ZQuest

1995 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

I have had this car since the beginning. Engine has been fine but have sunk thousands into the A/C. Am on the 3rd compressor & it has just gone out. Also relaced core & rear unit.

Favorite Features

Body has held up very well in tough winters & salt air.

Suggested Improvements

Air Conditioning reliability.

Happy Owner
By candlenut92

1995 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

This has been a great dependable vehicle. Have regular oil changes, tune up and maintenance. Couldn't ask for a better vehicle. Plan to keep for quite awhile as I only have 66,000 miles on this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Easy manuevering in heavy traffic and on long distance trips.

Suggested Improvements

Change location of the front cup holders and add a console to XE edition

NIssan Quest
By Aprils72

1995 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

This van has been excellent to us.

Favorite Features

Has everything you can imagine. Cd radio, power everything, cruise control, moon/sun roof, 4 captains chairs, cold air and many more.

Innovative when new, but not anymore
By familyvan

1995 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

Reliable van (no engine problems) that has gone thru 3 elementary school kids, trips to Florida, Canada, Ohio, Maine, etc. Lack of a left-hand door is annoying, but of course none had one at the time.

Favorite Features

3rd row bench on sliding rails, flexible seating arrangements, have carried everything including a 14 ft ladder, since back window opens separately from door.

Suggested Improvements

Toyota Sienna -- NOT the new Quest!

What a workhorse
By On the road again

1995 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

I absolutely love this van. We're approaching 200,000 miles and we've only had one major repair (which was covered under warranty). The engine is still strong, the exterior paint is still in great condition, and it still rides smooth after all of these miles (a lot of them on backroads and in the mountains).

Favorite Features

Everyone loved the style when I bought it and it still doesn't look dated. The V6 engine is still strong enough is beat a lot of cars at a red light, yet it gets about 27 mpg on the highway.

Suggested Improvements

It definitely needs more cup holders and could use some storage between the front seats.