Used 1994 Nissan Quest XE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Excellent van
By melanie

1994 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

I live in Missouri, and one year it snowed really bad. This van never got stuck in the snow. I only had to get the temperature fixed on it. The only thing that did it in was hitting a armadillo about the size of a cocker spaniel.

It has a lot of room and is very reliable.

More trunk room.

Energizer Van
By KJ

1994 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

266,000 miles and still going. Not much done to it either (front axle twice and pass. seat belt - brakes, plugs, and oil). Admittedly, I don't take very good care of it, but it refuses to die. Still cruises at 75 mph with no problem. 13 years and in the garage just a few times - excellent value for the money.

The overdrive. Without that, I'd have a permanent spot in the slow lane. Plugs & oil filter easy to get to.

Great van
By ecfishguy

1994 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

No problems in 140,000 miles except for replacement of a water pump, and the usual required maintenance. V-6 3.0L engine has been smooth and doesn't burn a drop of oil.Body is in great shape through 10 salty road winters in Wisconsin.

Smooth running engine and transmission. Interior has held up well.

Reliable old Quest
By timberguy

1994 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

My '94 Quest is a workhorse. It has 162,000 miles on it, and I use it to commute 25 miles each way to work as well as for grocery shopping and just about any light-hauling chore that comes up. After 10 years, the body is still in good shape, with no rust. I had the customary problem with the exhaust manifold bolts breaking. Tipped off that Nissan might help me, I tried to get them to pay for it. However, the car already had 145K miles on it, and they said they would give me money toward a new Nissan instead. I Also, the transmission malfunctioned at 5OK miles, but it was covered by the powertrain warranty.

Mechanical reliability, secure road handling, ability to get through snow. Straight-forward interior design.

Fix the problem with the manifold bolts, if that hasn't been done already. Gas mileage (22 mpg) is ok, but could be better.

spoiled quest
By prindle

1994 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

I bought my 94 in 98.@61k,210k now.Replaced both axels,water pump,brakes&roters,alt.plugs,all belts, hoses,tires,blower motor,battery.Above 80deg use premium or stall for 1/2 hr.Go 10 miles & stall.The 1st time was in K.C Mo. heavy traffic summer of 99.After the 3rd time I got wise.I now get 24/20.Rear air/heater has ele.problem.Dr.shoulder strap don't retract.Tack works rarly.Runs great yet.No doubt will hit 300k+.Don't use oil between oil changes.Stays very clean.

I like how the plugs are setup very easy to change.The power the 3.0 has is amazing.The mpg is great.I cheated there.I put Motor Kote in the engine and trans.Took it from 20/15 to 24/20

More leg room in front.Have both rear seats removable.Put the blower motor on the fire wall instead of in hiding it in the dash.Put the alt. on top instead of bottom of the engine.