Used 1994 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

1994 Nissan Quest

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Excellent van
By melanie

1994 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

I live in Missouri, and one year it snowed really bad. This van never got stuck in the snow. I only had to get the temperature fixed on it. The only thing that did it in was hitting a armadillo about the size of a cocker spaniel.

Favorite Features

It has a lot of room and is very reliable.

Suggested Improvements

More trunk room.

Awsome van!!!!!!
By Aaron90

1994 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

I had this van for about 3 years before someone crashed it.....It was an awesome van, with a lot of power under the hood. The color was aquamarine with gold trim and gray interior; again, an awesome combination... Took us up and down California, no problems at all. I am going to buy another one like it! I recommend it! Very safe van!

Favorite Features

everything!!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

better body rigidity to resist side swipe impacts better

Energizer Van
By KJ

1994 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

266,000 miles and still going. Not much done to it either (front axle twice and pass. seat belt - brakes, plugs, and oil). Admittedly, I don't take very good care of it, but it refuses to die. Still cruises at 75 mph with no problem. 13 years and in the garage just a few times - excellent value for the money.

Favorite Features

The overdrive. Without that, I'd have a permanent spot in the slow lane. Plugs & oil filter easy to get to.

Great van
By ecfishguy

1994 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

No problems in 140,000 miles except for replacement of a water pump, and the usual required maintenance. V-6 3.0L engine has been smooth and doesn't burn a drop of oil.Body is in great shape through 10 salty road winters in Wisconsin.

Favorite Features

Smooth running engine and transmission. Interior has held up well.

Reliable old Quest
By timberguy

1994 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

My '94 Quest is a workhorse. It has 162,000 miles on it, and I use it to commute 25 miles each way to work as well as for grocery shopping and just about any light-hauling chore that comes up. After 10 years, the body is still in good shape, with no rust. I had the customary problem with the exhaust manifold bolts breaking. Tipped off that Nissan might help me, I tried to get them to pay for it. However, the car already had 145K miles on it, and they said they would give me money toward a new Nissan instead. I Also, the transmission malfunctioned at 5OK miles, but it was covered by the powertrain warranty.

Favorite Features

Mechanical reliability, secure road handling, ability to get through snow. Straight-forward interior design.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the problem with the manifold bolts, if that hasn't been done already. Gas mileage (22 mpg) is ok, but could be better.