1993 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
solid transportation
By herman1977 on 11/07/12 16:52 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 3dr Minivan

my dad bought this car brand new, and then he gave it to me when i was in college. I put 278,000 miles on it before I traded it in because of my ego of having a mini van. BAD MISTAKE. From brand new this van ran rock solid, 100% reliable. I wish I had it back never gave me a problem

Been another two years...still working.
By Elrond on 02/18/05 22:59 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 3dr Minivan

Well, it's been two years since I last wrote and the thing just keeps chugging along. No big problems (knock on wood) but some more minor annoyances have cropped up: antenna is stuck in the up position, one power door lock is manual only now, tape player is effectively dead. But, as a sign of faith I converted the AC last summer and will get new mats this spring. 128K so far and hasn't been garaged for the past two years in the snowy NE. Body is still rust-free. Gotta love it.

Fine, but those manifold bolts!
By Quenames on 03/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 3dr Minivan

A great car that has really lasted and done fine service--but the manifold/header bolts went, front and back, around 80K. I found out through the dealer that a call to Nissan might get some help, and they did volunteer to pay almost half the cost, but it was still plenty expensive. Other than that, I like the car a great deal and plan to drive it until it simply falls apart.

Nissan will pay for manifold bolts
By Elrond on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 3dr Minivan

My manifold bolts went at 75K, and though I was "told" at the dealership that it was after warranty, it was also made clear to me that "you might want to call Nissan and tell them about your unhappiness." It helped. They covered several hundred dollars of the work that I had done. It is ridiculous for the bolts to go at that mileage; this was obviously one of those "hidden recalls." Otherwise, my experience mirrors that of others: water pump at 109K (I did timing belt then, too), but otherwise it runs and runs. It will be ten years this fall, and--knock on wood--I'll get another 5 years/50K. Finish has held up well through loits of snow/salt.

Fun to drive watchout for manifold bolts
By sunilnet on 07/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 3dr Minivan

I bought my Quest new in 1993 and enjoyed it since. Smooth comfortable ride and ideal for long trips. Only major problem I had was the broken manifold bolts. I done 122, 000 miles and had to replace the water pump. I think, replacing the timing belt every 60,000 miles is somewhat excessive. For some reason tires wear out faster. I am still driving it and plan to keep for few more years.

My Quest
By Santon on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 3dr Minivan

I still have the 93' Quest that has been very dependable and continues to be.