1993 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
solid transportation
By herman1977 on 11/07/12 16:52 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 3dr Minivan

my dad bought this car brand new, and then he gave it to me when i was in college. I put 278,000 miles on it before I traded it in because of my ego of having a mini van. BAD MISTAKE. From brand new this van ran rock solid, 100% reliable. I wish I had it back never gave me a problem

The Title Says It All!
By luv on 02/24/10 17:34 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Quest Minivan XE 3dr Minivan

The vehicle has been reliable and it did not fail to start/run even in minus 40-50 Celsius! I will be sad to let her go, because we're getting another vehicle.

The perfect Van
By Mark on 07/30/09 09:09 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Quest Minivan XE 3dr Minivan

I bought this van with 125,000km on it about 2002 or so. I now have 400,000km on it in 2009 and it continues to still run strong. Replace the usual brakes and shocks twice. Luckily the engine studs were done before I bought it. Lately it has some engine hesitation and starts on the second try. Not figured that out yet. Anybody have any ideas?

Built Proof
By Soundtek on 01/11/07 00:12 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan Quest Minivan XE 3dr Minivan

Just bought this van, with 235,300 miles on it. I've added another 600 miles in the 3 weeks of owning it. Runs well most of the time (minor warming up hesitation problem). Drives like a car. Excellent performance and fuel economy on the highway (@55mph). Clean easy to read dash. It only has minor leaks (expected). Body still in great shape. Feels like it easily has another 100,000 miles it it. I love this VAN! (can't talk about the radio, it does not have one)

Been another two years...still working.
By Elrond on 02/18/05 22:59 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 3dr Minivan

Well, it's been two years since I last wrote and the thing just keeps chugging along. No big problems (knock on wood) but some more minor annoyances have cropped up: antenna is stuck in the up position, one power door lock is manual only now, tape player is effectively dead. But, as a sign of faith I converted the AC last summer and will get new mats this spring. 128K so far and hasn't been garaged for the past two years in the snowy NE. Body is still rust-free. Gotta love it.

A great car
By Pup Golden on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Quest Minivan XE 3dr Minivan

I had no problems with my Quest except for normal wear and tear. I've heard of them Rolling in the dessert and everyone being ok. I know from experience how it handles in a wreck and I'm pround of it. I love this car!

Fine, but those manifold bolts!
By Quenames on 03/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 3dr Minivan

A great car that has really lasted and done fine service--but the manifold/header bolts went, front and back, around 80K. I found out through the dealer that a call to Nissan might get some help, and they did volunteer to pay almost half the cost, but it was still plenty expensive. Other than that, I like the car a great deal and plan to drive it until it simply falls apart.

Nissan will pay for manifold bolts
By Elrond on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 3dr Minivan

My manifold bolts went at 75K, and though I was "told" at the dealership that it was after warranty, it was also made clear to me that "you might want to call Nissan and tell them about your unhappiness." It helped. They covered several hundred dollars of the work that I had done. It is ridiculous for the bolts to go at that mileage; this was obviously one of those "hidden recalls." Otherwise, my experience mirrors that of others: water pump at 109K (I did timing belt then, too), but otherwise it runs and runs. It will be ten years this fall, and--knock on wood--I'll get another 5 years/50K. Finish has held up well through loits of snow/salt.

Quest is a good family van!
By Alohagal on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Quest Minivan XE 3dr Minivan

We purchased our Quest because we had a Honda Accord and were expecting our third child. We needed the room and decided to look for a family van. Although we were and still are Honda fans, we can safely say that the Quest has been very reliable and an truly great van for us. We are now up to 113,000 miles and it's still running like a charm. Only complaint is the rear lights do tend to go out often, and Nissan hasn't been helpful in that area. Overall a great car!

Fun to drive watchout for manifold bolts
By sunilnet on 07/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 3dr Minivan

I bought my Quest new in 1993 and enjoyed it since. Smooth comfortable ride and ideal for long trips. Only major problem I had was the broken manifold bolts. I done 122, 000 miles and had to replace the water pump. I think, replacing the timing belt every 60,000 miles is somewhat excessive. For some reason tires wear out faster. I am still driving it and plan to keep for few more years.