1993 Nissan Quest Base Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

1993 Quest Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Sort Reviews by

solid transportation
By herman1977

1993 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 3dr Minivan

my dad bought this car brand new, and then he gave it to me when i was in college. I put 278,000 miles on it before I traded it in because of my ego of having a mini van. BAD MISTAKE. From brand new this van ran rock solid, 100% reliable. I wish I had it back never gave me a problem

Favorite Features

automatic seatbelts

Suggested Improvements

none

The Title Says It All!
By luv

1993 Nissan Quest Minivan XE 3dr Minivan

The vehicle has been reliable and it did not fail to start/run even in minus 40-50 Celsius! I will be sad to let her go, because we're getting another vehicle.

The perfect Van
By Mark

1993 Nissan Quest Minivan XE 3dr Minivan

I bought this van with 125,000km on it about 2002 or so. I now have 400,000km on it in 2009 and it continues to still run strong. Replace the usual brakes and shocks twice. Luckily the engine studs were done before I bought it. Lately it has some engine hesitation and starts on the second try. Not figured that out yet. Anybody have any ideas?

Favorite Features

Rear air cond. Comfortable seats. Huge cargo cap.

Suggested Improvements

Engine studs should be more sturdy!

Built Proof
By Soundtek

1993 Nissan Quest Minivan XE 3dr Minivan

Just bought this van, with 235,300 miles on it. I've added another 600 miles in the 3 weeks of owning it. Runs well most of the time (minor warming up hesitation problem). Drives like a car. Excellent performance and fuel economy on the highway (@55mph). Clean easy to read dash. It only has minor leaks (expected). Body still in great shape. Feels like it easily has another 100,000 miles it it. I love this VAN! (can't talk about the radio, it does not have one)

Favorite Features

Cargo space. Car feel. Still quiet ride. Clean easy to read dash. Very Reliable. Seats are comfortable, for the age.

Suggested Improvements

Better removal/storage to middle bench - it's a boat anchor. Be able to completely remove sliding bench. Drivers side passenger door. Give it better in town fuel economy. Keep the clear dash layout. The 2005 & 06 cars & vans I've driven are ugly.

Been another two years...still working.
By Elrond

1993 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 3dr Minivan

Well, it's been two years since I last wrote and the thing just keeps chugging along. No big problems (knock on wood) but some more minor annoyances have cropped up: antenna is stuck in the up position, one power door lock is manual only now, tape player is effectively dead. But, as a sign of faith I converted the AC last summer and will get new mats this spring. 128K so far and hasn't been garaged for the past two years in the snowy NE. Body is still rust-free. Gotta love it.

Favorite Features

I guess my favorite "feature" is that they built the thing well enough that it's going to last long enough to make me feel I got my money's worth. Cargo area, 2nd row removable captain's chairs, sliding rear seats are all pluses.

Suggested Improvements

None, though I'm still grumpy about those header bolts. The new Quest is just too expensive. If I have to replace this thing I'll look at the Element, CRV, Mazda MPV.

A great car
By Pup Golden

1993 Nissan Quest Minivan XE 3dr Minivan

I had no problems with my Quest except for normal wear and tear. I've heard of them Rolling in the dessert and everyone being ok. I know from experience how it handles in a wreck and I'm pround of it. I love this car!

Favorite Features

I love the bucket seats in the front, they are SO comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Give it more get go and better gas milage (16 in town)

Fine, but those manifold bolts!
By Quenames

1993 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 3dr Minivan

A great car that has really lasted and done fine service--but the manifold/header bolts went, front and back, around 80K. I found out through the dealer that a call to Nissan might get some help, and they did volunteer to pay almost half the cost, but it was still plenty expensive. Other than that, I like the car a great deal and plan to drive it until it simply falls apart.

Favorite Features

Cargo area, general reliability, car- like ride, ability to take out 2nd row captain's chairs, driving position for taller driver.

Suggested Improvements

Mediocre radio/sound system, flimsy glove compartment handle, flimsy rear- view mirror attachment.

Nissan will pay for manifold bolts
By Elrond

1993 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 3dr Minivan

My manifold bolts went at 75K, and though I was "told" at the dealership that it was after warranty, it was also made clear to me that "you might want to call Nissan and tell them about your unhappiness." It helped. They covered several hundred dollars of the work that I had done. It is ridiculous for the bolts to go at that mileage; this was obviously one of those "hidden recalls." Otherwise, my experience mirrors that of others: water pump at 109K (I did timing belt then, too), but otherwise it runs and runs. It will be ten years this fall, and--knock on wood--I'll get another 5 years/50K. Finish has held up well through loits of snow/salt.

Favorite Features

Captain's chairs, though bulky, come out relatively easily and make for a lot of cargo options. Good car for a family of four that makes vacations.

Suggested Improvements

Don't buy used unless you have absolute proof that manifold bolts were ALL replaced. If not replaced, plan on $1200 to get the job done; the rear set is a killer!

Quest is a good family van!
By Alohagal

1993 Nissan Quest Minivan XE 3dr Minivan

We purchased our Quest because we had a Honda Accord and were expecting our third child. We needed the room and decided to look for a family van. Although we were and still are Honda fans, we can safely say that the Quest has been very reliable and an truly great van for us. We are now up to 113,000 miles and it's still running like a charm. Only complaint is the rear lights do tend to go out often, and Nissan hasn't been helpful in that area. Overall a great car!

Favorite Features

Removable middle seat, offers lots of cargo space when needed. Lots of room for two car seats and other passengers without feeling crammed in.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan really needs to improve the electrical system in the rear light area. I see other Nissan's with the same problem. They need to get this right!

Fun to drive watchout for manifold bolts
By sunilnet

1993 Nissan Quest Minivan GXE 3dr Minivan

I bought my Quest new in 1993 and enjoyed it since. Smooth comfortable ride and ideal for long trips. Only major problem I had was the broken manifold bolts. I done 122, 000 miles and had to replace the water pump. I think, replacing the timing belt every 60,000 miles is somewhat excessive. For some reason tires wear out faster. I am still driving it and plan to keep for few more years.

Favorite Features

Audio system with rear controls. Comfortable seats

Suggested Improvements

Better mounting for the rear view mirror, which comes off in hot weather. Locking mechanism on the sliding door to prevent sliding close on slanted ground.