Used 1993 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

solid transportation
By herman1977

1993 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

my dad bought this car brand new, and then he gave it to me when i was in college. I put 278,000 miles on it before I traded it in because of my ego of having a mini van. BAD MISTAKE. From brand new this van ran rock solid, 100% reliable. I wish I had it back never gave me a problem

automatic seatbelts

none

The Title Says It All!
By luv

1993 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

The vehicle has been reliable and it did not fail to start/run even in minus 40-50 Celsius! I will be sad to let her go, because we're getting another vehicle.

The perfect Van
By Mark

1993 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

I bought this van with 125,000km on it about 2002 or so. I now have 400,000km on it in 2009 and it continues to still run strong. Replace the usual brakes and shocks twice. Luckily the engine studs were done before I bought it. Lately it has some engine hesitation and starts on the second try. Not figured that out yet. Anybody have any ideas?

Rear air cond. Comfortable seats. Huge cargo cap.

Engine studs should be more sturdy!

Built Proof
By Soundtek

1993 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

Just bought this van, with 235,300 miles on it. I've added another 600 miles in the 3 weeks of owning it. Runs well most of the time (minor warming up hesitation problem). Drives like a car. Excellent performance and fuel economy on the highway (@55mph). Clean easy to read dash. It only has minor leaks (expected). Body still in great shape. Feels like it easily has another 100,000 miles it it. I love this VAN! (can't talk about the radio, it does not have one)

Cargo space. Car feel. Still quiet ride. Clean easy to read dash. Very Reliable. Seats are comfortable, for the age.

Better removal/storage to middle bench - it's a boat anchor. Be able to completely remove sliding bench. Drivers side passenger door. Give it better in town fuel economy. Keep the clear dash layout. The 2005 & 06 cars & vans I've driven are ugly.

Been another two years...still working.
By Elrond

1993 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

Well, it's been two years since I last wrote and the thing just keeps chugging along. No big problems (knock on wood) but some more minor annoyances have cropped up: antenna is stuck in the up position, one power door lock is manual only now, tape player is effectively dead. But, as a sign of faith I converted the AC last summer and will get new mats this spring. 128K so far and hasn't been garaged for the past two years in the snowy NE. Body is still rust-free. Gotta love it.

I guess my favorite "feature" is that they built the thing well enough that it's going to last long enough to make me feel I got my money's worth. Cargo area, 2nd row removable captain's chairs, sliding rear seats are all pluses.

None, though I'm still grumpy about those header bolts. The new Quest is just too expensive. If I have to replace this thing I'll look at the Element, CRV, Mazda MPV.