Used 2014 Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Stay away from CVT
By Ryan B

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid SL Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Do not buy a Nissan with a CVT transmission. It is garbage. My new Pathfinder left us stranded on the road and stalled in traffic multiple times before and after replacing the transmission. Yes, replacing the transmission. The transmission was replaced just a few months into my ownership. The vehicle was purchased new. Do not buy this garbage. There is no support from Nissan for what is an obvious epidemic with their CVT. Do some googles searches on it if you are considering buying and you will come to the same conclusion.

Happy in ohio
By Scott

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid Platinum Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

2015 has the Shudder or Judder
By Bmacks

I just traded my 2015 Rogue for a 2015 Pathfinder because I was wanting more space and towing capabilities. After only owning the Pathfinder for a week I began to experience a Shudder or Judder at low speeds while accelerating at 25 mph. I also began to have a severe shudder when decelerating down hills or on inclines while off the accelerator or braking.
It has had a computer "reprogram" and is still experiencing the problem. I am waiting for the Dealership to get more information from the NISSAN Regional tech to provide them with the next step to correct the issue. I am not very optimistic that it will be cured.
I have heard of this issue with the CVT but had no issues with my Rogue so figured they had corrected it as NISSAN had claimed.
I am having great remorse and now feel that I just as well had thrown my money away because I will never get a return on this vehicle between the time in the shop and the loss of value for its issues.

Needless to say this may be the last NISSAN I ever buy..

Super Charger Problems
By abruzz

Purchased suv in July of 2014. Two months later, I was driving I heard a pop and thought I had run over a metal band. As I continued to drive I noticed the suv was overheating. Called dealership and they had suv towed in. They also arranged a rental for me. Approximately 10 days later, I picked up suv. Was told super charger seized and they had to pull out engine to replace it. Then in January of 2015 same thing happened. SUV towed in and was given a rental. Approx 8 days later, I p/u SUV and told same exact problem. Now I am afraid to take long trips. I fear that super charger will seize again. Also noticed that Nissan no longer making the hybrid. I assume mine is a lemon.

Great gas mileage when not running a/c. Awesome nav and sound system.

Find out why super charger continues to seize

absolutely the best SUV you can buy for the money.
By nettech

First off, this is our second 2014 Pathfinder. We purchased a standard SL V-6 Model last year, and grew to love it so much, we traded in my eight year old Camry hybrid for a Hybrid model Pathfinder. It retains all the comfort and smooth handling of its V-6 cousin, but adds in some very impressive MPG numbers to boot. I'm only on my third tank of gas after owning it for two months, and Fuel Economy has improved with every tankful (27, 29, and now 31 MPG). It's actually a bit quieter then it's V-6 cousin, due to the extra sound deadening material, and the transition from engine to EV mode is a lot less noticeable then it was in my old Camry hybrid. Nissan gets an A+ for this model.