2014 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: Transmission Issues

2014 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Review

Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 CVT Automatic)

Transmission Issues
By sancarlos1 on

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Like many posters here, we're having serious issues with our Nissan Pathfinder transmission. At low RPMs the entire car shakes. We've had it in for service several times. The issue has yet to be resolved. There are less than 10K miles on the car.

I like the Bluetooth integration. But, frankly, the transmission issues are really affecting the driving performance.

Fix the transmission. We never had this issue with the Murano. Nissan messed up the transmission in the intervening years -- and it stinks.
By nolongernissan
on 06/18/14 14:36 PM (PDT)

We are having the same issues. Nissan replaced the transmission with a new one but the new one is doing the same thing. It's horrible.

By benone
on 09/15/14 18:49 PM (PDT)

I have the same issue currently. Previously took it to the dealership, but I could not re-create the problem. They told me to try to narrow it down to when or where I notice it or if the problem is more consistent. I barely had 3000 miles on it. Thousand miles later and I have it currently back at the dealership. I notice that it happens at around 20 miles per hour when the RPM is at around 10000, but not all the time. I think it is dependent on the angle you are in and needs to be a non hilly road. This is the second time I have took it the dealership and they cannot create the problem. The service manager told me the shuttering is normal at low speeds, which I found baffling and said your car feeling like its jerking is normal?!! It is still at the shop but I feel that I am not going to make any progress. I seen at other sites with similar experiences and them saying it is a transmission issue. Not sure why Nissan is saying this problem is not common. Will post a follow up on my conclusion.

By xavi1
on 08/27/14 12:37 PM (PDT)

Worse car ever driven. it does not provide the lumbar support needed. The head rest is too big I and my daily passenger are starting to have neck problems. It shakes when driving in low RPM in the city. It has the worse trunk storage capacity I have seen. Took car to dealer and gave me the run around.