2014 Pathfinder SUCKS!!!!
By src2006 on
2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
Bought a 2014 Model from Micheal Jordan Nissan in Durham, NC in Oct. 2013! Was told by sales person that the transmission "sudder" issue was fixed on the 2014's. At 1500 miles the sudder issue started happening at around 20 MPH. Took it back they said needed a new transmission. Work with Nissan corp. for 2 weeks and they would not give me a new vehicle or my money back!! Would anyne in their right mind want a brand new SUV with 1500 miles on it with the transmission already replace? DON'T THINK SO!! I'm stuck with this piece of crap because can't trade it and will lose $6000.00 on it and differently can't sell it. Nissan stinks and NEVER AGAIN will I buy another one!!! Honda or Toyota!!
By nyrican1979
on 04/30/14 08:21 AM (PDT)

I have a 2013 Platinum, at 875 miles the transmisson went and was replaced. Then at 7,000 the new transmission did the same problem. The car has been at the dealer for 1 week already cause they cant duplicate shudder to be recorded on their computer for Nissan to approve a third tranmission to be installed. Im so embarrased and insulted to be going through this mess

By kkvakic
on 03/20/14 08:23 AM (PDT)

I'm having exact same problem!!!! They've replaced my transmission, and guess what - problem still exists. I'm actually going to owner of the Crown Nissan in Saint Petersburg and see if he can help out. Getting new Pathfinder is going to be scary - but I'm willing to try. If that does not help - i'm going to our local Channel 8 and see if they can do something about it. This is crazy! 40K vehicle and I'm stuck with transmission problem at 2K miles.

By pqa
on 03/08/14 14:53 PM (PST)

I work where your Pathfinder was built and can tell you that we had several trans with metal shavings encased in them from the supplier who makes the trans. I work in quality control for Nissan and understand why you would be frustrated.

By mred72
on 08/11/14 01:10 AM (PDT)

The transmissions are made by JATCO for Nissan. Nissan owns a portion of the company. As for me, I'd never buy another Nissan again or a CVT driven one for that matter. The programming has everything to do with the performance and Nissan just doesn't care because of demands from CAFE standards. Hmmm...why is it Honda and Toyota seemed to get it right the 1st time, but Nissan hasn't gotten it right since 2007? Because they don't care!

By src2006
on 08/31/14 15:00 PM (PDT)

Well guess what it's me again! My 2014 pathfinder is in the shop at Micheal Jordan Nissan again with the same issue. TRANSMISSION NEEDS REPLACING AGAIN AT 16000 miles. Already had it replaced at 1500 miles. Nissan SUCKS to the core!! Waiting on Nissan corporate to get back with me. Called them Monday the 26th and got a case # BUT have not heard back yet. I hate Nissan and will NEVER buy another vehicle or anything from them again! What a bunch of crap!!

By carfax2
on 09/07/14 15:25 PM (PDT)

I would never buy another Nissan. I purchased an Altima, then 3 Maximas and a 2005 Pathfinder. We have been very happy with the 2005 Pathfinder but the new body style and CVT trans killed it for me. I have heard of nothing but trouble from the CVT. And then they put the CVT in the Maxima, (what kind of idiot takes a sports sedan and takes the fun of driving it out) The interior of the new Pathfinder is cheap overall the quality of the whole line has suffered in the name of getting better gas mileage and trying to compete with Hyundai. I have a friend that has a 2013 Maxima and it's already falling apart. See ya Nissan, I'm going back to Chevy.