Frustrated with our new Pathfinder Platinum
By happygma on
2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
We were so excited to finally purchase our new Pathfinder. Three days later it started sputtering. We took it in to the dealer and they said it was the tourque converter, it took 2 weeks to get the part in. When we got it back it was still doing the same thing. We took it back in and they said it was the transmission. They replaced the transmission with a "re-manufactured" part. The dealership has been fantastic, but trying to get through to the executive Nissan office has been a nightmare. We are really afraid of what is to come.
Favorite Features
Just love the comfort.. everything is perfect... love all the comfort features.
Suggested Improvements
The Executive offices that deal with the customor needs to be more accomodating and concerned for problems They are just cut and dry... don't care that anyone is satisfied or not.
By junzinc
on 07/25/13 11:56 AM (PDT)

Oh that is so not good. I was really waiting and hoping that the 2014 Models would have solved the issue with shudder / judder. Can you please confirm that yours is a 2014 Model? I really hope they fix yours soon and that you can enjoy the car.

By cmhloves11
on 10/29/13 12:20 PM (PDT)

I'm going thru this exact same thing with my 2014 Premium Platitum Pathfinder RIGHT NOW. I purchased 10/9/13 and I had it 2 days and the car started jerking about 35 MPH from a stop. Took in 2 times before they duplicated it and determined it needs a transmission. Replacing with a "re Man" tranny is indicative of Nissan. I fought for them to use a new tranny. I'm very disappointed in Nissan for this build. I have owned 8-9 other Nissans as that is all that I buy and have never had any issues. I loved this car (for the time that I had it) but very disappointed to pay all that money to "need" anything at this point, let alone a major component. Seems that this bad transmissions issue is pretty standard in the car. Nissan knowing about it and still selling the vehicle is more troubling!!

By mistermcdonald
on 11/17/13 19:27 PM (PST)

I saw you posted this in July ... how have you done with the remanufactured transmission? We're considering a purchase within the next few weeks but have been made very wary due to the negative press re 2013 transmissions.... Thanks!

By cmhloves11
on 10/25/13 16:45 PM (PDT)

Okay where do I start. I have supported Nissan all my life; only buying Nissan products. I have owned just about every car they've ever made. Even going back to the Datson days. I bought a 2014 Premium Platinum Pathfinder on 10/9/13 and on 10/11/13 the car started jerking at take off when I got to about 35 MPH, 2000 RPMS. Long story short, MY NEW TRUCK NEEDS A TRANSMISSION. Yes, that's what I said. $42,000 and it needs a new transmission. And to top it off, the dealer was going to replace my NEW transmission with a RE-MANUFACTURED transmission; this is standard practice for them. I have purchased 2 other new cars from this same dealership and have financed 3 cars from Nissan Motor corp and all I want was a switch out to a new car. I wasn't asking or wanting my money back. I don't trust this car anymore and as far as i'm concern and just for good customer service to a loyal supporter, that's the least that Nissan can do. The owner of the dealership (Stone Mountain Nissan of GA) hasn't even thought enough of the situation to return my phone call; rather he put his General Manager up to call me. I have contacted Nissan Customer affairs, filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commissions, working on my paperwork to file a complaint with the BBB (although I know the manufactures pay into this company) and completing my paperwork to the States consumer Protection Office in my State (GA), and will be filing with the National Highway Traffic Safety office. Nissan knows about these faulty transmission and they continue to put them in their cars and ROB the consumer. This isn't slander, this is truth (just check the negative reviews on the 2013-2014 pathfinders online). I will continue to fight for what I feel is right. I know all about the Lemon Law and I don't think I should have to wait for this to happen again, just to request a refund or replacement; since it happened 2 DAYS after my big purchase. I don't take kindly to being taken advantage of. You have my $42,000 check from my bank and tell me we will fix your NEW car with old parts if we chose so you can hope that it doesn't happen again. All I want is a new car. Oh wait, that's what I paid for. All I want NOW is a new car from Nissan!! You take your faulty car and provide me with what I paid for and that's a new car without major issues.!!!! I will continue to discuss and spread this story to anyone that will listen until Nissan makes me whole.

By astridmp
on 01/07/14 20:03 PM (PST)

Hello, I live in Austin, TX and I purchased a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinium in october 2013 and the following day it started shuddering at around 20mph and the steering wheel would start vibrating at 50mph. Then I had a weird feeling when using the brakes. I told Nissan, they did not mention the issues the 2013 model had... I had to find out by myself online...I should have done my homework before... I also noticed a loss of power when accelerating and the gas mileage is between 15 and 19 after driving it for 3 months...mainly dropping the kids at school, going to the grocery stores, driving on highways a bit... They said they couldn't do anything about the shuddering before they could duplicate the issue but since it's random... About the brakes they told me it was normal and you know what, I got a recall notification a few weeks ago...funny thing... I going back tomorrow for the transmission issue, we will see what they do...I had to fight the service department to get a rental car, can you believe it. It is not my fault if their vehicle is defective. Oh wait, I use my ipod in my car all the time and I noticed that at least once every day the song info on the central screen is the info from the previous song. It just get stuck on one song... I will let you know what they do about my issues... A

By prasath
on 01/15/14 03:15 AM (PST)

Is Nissan Pathfinder Platinum, a worth to try...atleast 2014 model? Highlander's third-row and cargo are not roomy, Honda Pilot has vcm vibration issues and Nissan Pathfinder has CVT issues... what else to choose? looking for a Suv with three row, a bit roomy cargo and reasonable thirdrow leg, head room....

By pqa
on 03/08/14 15:10 PM (PST)

Nissan knows of the Trans issues and continues to use the same supplier Jatco LLC. these transmissions are built in Mexico. over seven thousand pathfinders had to be reflashed and several pathfinders got to consumers before the major problem was corrected. Metal shavings have been found in many of the encased transmissions. Just be glad that you did not purchase a new model Rouge. There are too many issues to list for the new model but are still being shipped to consumers. I know these facts because I worked on trying to correct these issues when I worked for Nissan.

By h8cheapmfgs
on 03/30/14 23:24 PM (PDT)

This response is to cmhloves11... Why WOULDN'T you want a re-MAN transmission? This is a new model car, the trans has a problem, the only way to solve it at the moment before they redesign the trans is to modify an existing one. This would mean that you have a year or less new-old trans that is modified to work correctly. Maybe you should ask for an extended warranty on it. That would make me happier than anything. What sucks is I'm not buying this car due to this issue. (A lot of people are avoiding the '14 PF for this reason). I am also posting on a number of forums as I wanted this car and want to know how many are having this issue. (Too bad, by then, I will likely be driving a CX9, or Toyota, or Honda minivan?) Its funny how companies like this lose so much credibility when they don't step up and admit a fault or issue. It takes at least 3-5 years to gain that trust. It took Audi about a decade. Are the loss in sales really worth it? Taking your name through the mud worth it? Greed to the bottom line always costs more...Years back this was a cost the consumers paid. Now a days with Info highway, it can ruin a company for good.

By dman316
on 05/03/14 22:03 PM (PDT)

The 2014 Pathfinder is a Lemon and the Lemon law should apply. Nissan has become like the Detroit of the 1980's for the CVT transmissions and other problems. I too have loved my Nissan vehicles over the years. No more, I had my vehicle in the shop 5 times in the last 3 months. I can't believe the dealership did not let me know of these longstanding problems with the design changes. I feel betrayed and will never buy Nissan again. This is a brand new Pathfinder. I have let anyone and everyone of my friends know about this lemon, do not buy Nissan especially with the CVT. I will trade this piece of junk as soon as I can. It is not a safe vehicle. Shame on Nissan.

By hate_nissan
on 05/21/14 00:00 AM (PDT)

I also purchased 2014 Pathfinder PL model NOV 2013. Same as others, I noticed jittering at ~20MPH and got replacement transmission after 900miles driving. It took 3 weeks to get replacement after 2 visits. Then, I noticed front right tire worn out around 5000 miles. Other three tirea were fine. Then visit Nissan service to check alignment. The service guy said, that is normal as drivers made right turns more than left turn. It happened after ~5K driving and did not make sense at all to me. So, I requested alignment check and it turned out alignment was bad and reset it to factory setting. No tire replacement!!. Now my car mileages is near to 6K and I had couple more issues. I had popping sound from lift gate and 4WD error during the driving and roof molding came off. So my car is in service center now for these reasons. My car was in service ~ 27 days for last 6 month. So, it is Lemon and I am requesting Nissan to buy back the Lemon. I am feeling it is not safe at all to drive 2014 Pathfinder. Stay away from Nissan.