2 transmission since January 2014
By mhasabal on
2014 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I will make it short. what's the point of buying a new car if i have to keep going back to service almost every other week? Nissan decided to change the transmission 2 weeks after i purchased the car cause of shaking problem. then again in April 2014 cause of the same problem. and now i feel i wasted over 30,000 on piece of junk. while driving on highway car is shaking vigorously. there are already 4 recalls on the car. I will never buy a nissan again.
By kdoc2
on 05/30/14 05:51 AM (PDT)

I have had the exact shaking/shuddering issues. They replaced the converter on the transmission, but it hasn't solved the problem. I will likely need the entire transmission replaced. Will this not solve the problem?? I have also had a wheel bearing suddenly go bad and require replacing. I had no idea that the quality of Nissans had diminished this much. I am so upset I have spent money on a vehicle that has had so many issues within the first 6 mos. I TOTALLY regret buying this vehicle and would NEVER buy a Nissan again!

By vannis
on 06/09/14 18:13 PM (PDT)

I picked up my new 2014 Pathfinder 19 March this year and I have experienced the same...shaking/shuddering and now the Pathfinder is with the car dealer. They will keep it for 3 bloody weeks to replace the transmission - I am really disappointed. I am contacting Consumer Affairs today to get some advice on this...

By patrickrr
on 09/20/14 14:16 PM (PDT)

I had a 2014 Pathfinder. It started with the Shuddering Trans at about 800 miles then stopped. After the car hit 5000 miles I could do it on demand. Here are the 3 ways I could make it happen on demand 1. Press the accelerator slowly up to 21 MPH and it will start shuddering. 2. Press the accelerator slowly up to 41 MPH and it will start shuddering. 3. Stop the car starting moving forward, turn left (around a corner) start accelerating... you have it again. It was in the dealer 4 times for over 1 month. They finally replaced the transmission. Since it was in the shop so many times it fit the Lemon Law refund runs. BUT I really like the SUV. So I drove it for another 6 months and out of the blue the brakes went out!!! There was a recall for the brakes, but I never got it, they said my car did not have the issue. Really? So I applied for the Lemon Law and got my money back. Very frustrating. I really like the Pathfinder, but what does that matter when it is in the shop for months and had more live threatening problems. During this time they gave me a 2014 Ultima with the CVT transmission. It did the same thing (the Ultima had 1000 miles on it)

By patrickrr
on 09/20/14 14:17 PM (PDT)