2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

great car but front wheel bearing issue 1 yr old
By Richard

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

the paint seems a little poor/thin. The car itself, design, size, all excellent. I love this car compared to old older boxy 2011 pathfinder. My front wheel bearings went and my front tire premature wear. Other wise if you travel need room or have a business that needs to haul this baby can haul from behind/trailer and you can fit an entire sheet of drywall side to side. Wont find that on any current SUV models similar to Pathfinder. I do wish for taller people they would make the rear gate door go up higher I keep hitting my head on it but not as bad as the 2011 pathfinder box type. Maybe raise the rear door height 5 more inches. Was getting only 17.4 MPG but after wheel bearing repair it rose to 22.9MPG

Numerous Repairs for a Brand New Vehicle!
By Joe Belt

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

One month after I bought this brand new, the car would not start in my driveway and had to be towed to the dealer. We were going on a road trip and had to cancel. Had to bring in the vehicle several times to the dealer for recall issues. Today, I took it to the dealer for 20,000 miles service before leaving for another road trip. Vehicle was found to have a major transmission problem and had to be in the dealership for more than a week. Dealer gave us a small rental car, which makes me feel queasy for a long road trip. I wish I had bought a Toyota or Honda instead. Once I get back the vehicle I will trade it in for a Toyota but I will be out by several thousands of dollars. I will never buy a Nissan again!

Very Disappointed! !
By Billie Massey

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We fell in love with this vehicle! Bought it in May of 2015. Ours is a 2014 Pathfinder Platinum. Have only had it 3 months with a little over 7,000 miles and the transmission needs replaced. I have had 2 Altmas before this one with no problems so needless to say I am very disappointed. Been reading all the comments with the same problem and you would think that Nissan would have gotten this issue taken care of but it's been going on for over 10 years!! We have to drive from the coast of North Carolina to Fort Worth, Tx in late September and I pray nothing goes wrong before we get there. Pretty sure we will be looking at trading it in on a different vehicle. Really liked everything about it!

I like it.....but
By Bellman

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

There really isn't much to complain about the car. I have had a few recalls, but they were nothing serious, and I dropped my car off, they fixed what the recall was for, and I got my car back. Simple. The Bluetooth on my phone connects instantly it. When you're on Bluetooth and you're still on the phone, but you have to turn the car off. As soon as you turn the car off, the Bluetooth switches back to your phone. Awesome! It looks stylish and sporty, and has really good acceleration. The wheel seems a bit sluggish at times, but it's also a CVT, but you'll get used to it. I have taken many road trips and have had people in every section of my car. It's easy even when you have car seats and to get kids in and out. It goes the same with adults trying to get in and out. I have had an adult sit in the third row by themselves and they complimented on how much room they still had. And by no means was this adult small :-) The quality of the materials are good. It's obviously no Infiniti, Lexus etc, but it had a smooth interior and the controls are very easy to manage and a lot of helpful options to search for (big reason why I chose this over the Explorer). I get really good gas mileage in long trips and short trips. I could drive from Houston to Oklahoma City on one tank of gas. Seriously! The only problem that I have is, that my backup camera keeps messing up. The screen changes colors randomly, and gets fuzzy, but I can still see out of it. I had to take it in and get it fixed (free of course by the dealership) and they did that, but after about a week I am having the same problem. Last time they just replaced the whole console. I don't care what they replaced, I just need the camera to stop messing up. Either way, I bought it in 2014 with about 4500 miles and now it has about 32,000 and it's still going strong.

Not worth the trouble
By masterchief5

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is the first time I have ever written a review on any product I have bought, but felt strongly enough to hopefully sway others to be careful in their purchase. I bought my pathfinder in February with 21,000 miles. I specifically asked the salesman about prior transmission issues with pathfinders and was told it was completely resolved. At 31,000 miles it's at the dealership with catastrophic failure of the transmission. I'll get it back on Monday and trade for a new vehicle. There will never be a Nissan parked in my driveway again. I have no confidence in their ability to build a reliable vehicle. The ride was good. The interior fit our family needs. It is a mechanical nightmare.