2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

I like it.....but
By Bellman

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

There really isn't much to complain about the car. I have had a few recalls, but they were nothing serious, and I dropped my car off, they fixed what the recall was for, and I got my car back. Simple. The Bluetooth on my phone connects instantly it. When you're on Bluetooth and you're still on the phone, but you have to turn the car off. As soon as you turn the car off, the Bluetooth switches back to your phone. Awesome! It looks stylish and sporty, and has really good acceleration. The wheel seems a bit sluggish at times, but it's also a CVT, but you'll get used to it. I have taken many road trips and have had people in every section of my car. It's easy even when you have car seats and to get kids in and out. It goes the same with adults trying to get in and out. I have had an adult sit in the third row by themselves and they complimented on how much room they still had. And by no means was this adult small :-) The quality of the materials are good. It's obviously no Infiniti, Lexus etc, but it had a smooth interior and the controls are very easy to manage and a lot of helpful options to search for (big reason why I chose this over the Explorer). I get really good gas mileage in long trips and short trips. I could drive from Houston to Oklahoma City on one tank of gas. Seriously! The only problem that I have is, that my backup camera keeps messing up. The screen changes colors randomly, and gets fuzzy, but I can still see out of it. I had to take it in and get it fixed (free of course by the dealership) and they did that, but after about a week I am having the same problem. Last time they just replaced the whole console. I don't care what they replaced, I just need the camera to stop messing up. Either way, I bought it in 2014 with about 4500 miles and now it has about 32,000 and it's still going strong.

Not worth the trouble
By masterchief5

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is the first time I have ever written a review on any product I have bought, but felt strongly enough to hopefully sway others to be careful in their purchase. I bought my pathfinder in February with 21,000 miles. I specifically asked the salesman about prior transmission issues with pathfinders and was told it was completely resolved. At 31,000 miles it's at the dealership with catastrophic failure of the transmission. I'll get it back on Monday and trade for a new vehicle. There will never be a Nissan parked in my driveway again. I have no confidence in their ability to build a reliable vehicle. The ride was good. The interior fit our family needs. It is a mechanical nightmare.

Solid
By curio

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We were looking for an SUV after the birth of our second child, and the Pathfinder SV came out on top for us. The Highlander has a gorgeous interior and a little more room inside, but is very closed in and tank-like. The Ford Edge is great to look at, but the interior can't match Toyota and Nissan quality. Mazda CX-9 was awesome to drive, but has VERY hard suspension as a result. Acura RDX was ridiculously small inside with no leg room in front or back. Overall, the Pathfinder does everything really well and doesn't have any shortcomings so far.

Solid construction. High quality interior. Comfortable ride without handling like a truck. Decent space inside. Comes out extremely well in safety tests, and reports are that they're reliable.

Mirror with HomeLink and compass should be standard on SV and above.

No problems so far - seems like a very nice vehicle
By nv_girl

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We purchased a 2014 SL new in November 2014. We've driven it lightly so far, only 2000 miles, and had absolutely NO issues with it. It is quiet, smooth, and I don't have any of the CVT issues reported. I do notice the transmission shifting differently than my old car (an older Highlander), but it's not an issue or a problem, just the nature of CVT. But honestly, if there had been as many reviews mentioning CVT problems in November as there are today -- I would NOT have purchased this vehicle. But so far, it's a fine vehicle with no issues. We also have a 2015 RAV-4, and the Nissan touchscreen isn't as intuitive as the Toyota one for setting up bluetooth, etc.

Comfortable interior and ride. Overall cabin finishings are high quality.

improve touchscreen menus and ease of use. Also, something about the window tinting casts a VERY Strong reflection in the drivers side mirror, rendering it sometimes useless, because all you can see is a reflection of the interior air conditioner vent in the side mirror.

Second time around not better...
By carly13mky

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had a new 2013 pathfinder, that had so many issues i was in and out of the shop every 6 weeks... so they traded me for a new 2014. So far, the air bag sensor has been faulty, the control panel has been replaced (couldn't read the gas correctly, said i was out when in fact i had 1/3 tank), the transmission control module has been replaced, and it still rattles and shakes. I'm not impressed, I won't buy another one. I see myself back in the shop soon if the rattling continues. At first they blamed an alignment issue. Paid for that to be fixed, and it's still rattling. Not all the time, just periodically. Atleast it does not have the no-go problem my 2013 had.

New Transmission Better electronics fix the air bag sensors - won't read my 160lb guests.