2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Great Family Car
By zeus08 on 07/10/14 10:52 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car has everything that we wanted and needed for a family car. The best feature that this car comes with is the sliding rows. When you have children in a car seat is that the middle you are able to completely move it forward without having to take the carseat out. Also the leg room in the front passenger has with a carseat in back is awesome. We traded in my two year old Ford Explorer to the Pathfinder because of the lack of leg room and every time someone needed to sit in the third row we needed to take the carseat out.

2014 pathfinder transmission
By rob267 on 07/02/14 08:17 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We have the shudder problem at 20+- miles per hour and on our forth attempt at a repair the car has been in the shop now for seven days and they are still waiting on parts ????? . I will post again when I get the car back .

Transmission Issues
By sancarlos1 on 06/16/14 18:49 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Like many posters here, we're having serious issues with our Nissan Pathfinder transmission. At low RPMs the entire car shakes. We've had it in for service several times. The issue has yet to be resolved. There are less than 10K miles on the car.

2014 Platinum -excellent so far
By azawisza on 05/28/14 18:40 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have only had it for almost 300 miles now, but it drives very well. It is a great ride, super comfortable and loaded with features. If you spend the extra money and get the Platinum model with all the extra features, you will be happy that you did. Hopefully wont have any of the transmission issues, but looking forward to taking it on a road trip in the near future to see how it does for a long haul drive.

great car so far
By jefferson2 on 05/22/14 08:35 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We bought this pathfinder back in Oct 2013 we have put over 15,000km on it and have had no problems up until after the first oil change and tire rotation.... since then its been making a loud noise and the faster we go the louder it gets it almost sounds like a lawn mower or weed wacker when we get up to 110-120km per hour!! if I put the car in N and rev it up I do not here the sound only when I am driving. I love this car but this noise is not cool I guess Ill find out what it is when it goes in today. other then that I have had not other issues other then the recalls which can be expected when you launch a new model, it always takes time to work out the unexpected bugs.

2 transmission since January 2014
By mhasabal on 05/07/14 09:17 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I will make it short. what's the point of buying a new car if i have to keep going back to service almost every other week? Nissan decided to change the transmission 2 weeks after i purchased the car cause of shaking problem. then again in April 2014 cause of the same problem. and now i feel i wasted over 30,000 on piece of junk. while driving on highway car is shaking vigorously. there are already 4 recalls on the car. I will never buy a nissan again.

The Worst Vehicle I Have Owned
By dman316 on 05/03/14 21:52 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought a 2014 Pathfinder SL in Nov. 2013. I have owned a dozen Nissans, all high quality and reliable. How Nissan could turn out a vehicle with so many complaints about the CVT Transmission is very disappointing. I feel betrayed and will NEVER buy Nissan again. They remind me of Detroit quality control in the 1980's. I will sell it asap. I have had it in the shop 5 times in 3 months for acceleration problems, shakiness, poor power range. I could go on, but why. I have read the complaints of others and know I am not alone. So if anyone reads this with Nissan, I hope you are satisfied at how much of your customer base is revolting against the product that endangers our families.

Love this car
By tykes on 04/26/14 10:41 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought my 2014 SL 4x4 in Aug. 2013. I already have 21k miles on it. We bought this car for the incredible leg room and the towing capacity & we had previously owned a 2007 pathfinder & had no problems with it. At between 3k - 5k miles we did experience the shudder, took it into the dealer, they fixed it & we haven't had any problems since. This is a great car. Smooth ride, great features, love the leg room, good gas mileage, fun to drive, reasonably priced & we have had tons of compliments on it.

Presidents Day Bargain
By frozentone on 04/24/14 20:52 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We purchased our 2014 PathFinder SV on a very snowy presidents day. In the last few months we have logged almost 5,000 enjoyable, uneventful miles. This includes a road trip and numerous trips to sporting events hauling 4 kids, 2 adults, and 3 sets of hockey equipment. The ride is great, handling good, and acceleration smooth. So smooth that it is accelerating faster than you at first realize. Mileage has been very good, usually 22-23 in mixed driving (overdrive enabled, towing mode disabled for normal driving). I am looking forward to seeing how well it handles our boat. No shudders, or hick-ups, at all... Just enjoying the ride.

Just bought new SL with tech package.
By scottybpga on 04/08/14 17:24 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just bought a new Pathfinder SL with the tech package. I only have 400 miles on it so far, but it seems real solid. Great ride, quiet, and I like the seating position, which is very comfortable.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder Suv in VA is:

$156 per month*