Used 2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Two years, nice car
By Keith

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Replaced our 2013 Avalanche LTZ, this Pathfinder Platinum Premium had all of the premium features you can expect in a luxury ride. After owning this for two years we have had virtually no issues, aside from a programming issue with the auto tailgate. Only problem now is the resale value is lacking. $45k sticker, paid $41k out the door at two years the dealer offered us $29k trade in.

Don't Make a $36k Mistake!
By KC

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car in anticipation of a cross country road trip for my family last night - Atlanta to Los Angeles - in order to travel to see my father after he required emergency brain surgery. Platinum series, fully loaded, only 25k miles, but $35,000 worth of heartache. Roughly 120 miles into our trip, the car began shuttering at low speeds. When we stopped to refuel 400 miles into our trip, the transmission wouldn't engage when my husband put the car in "Drive." After repeated attempts he finally got the transmission to engage and we were able to "limp it" to the nearest Auto Nation dealer and sit and wait 4 hours for them to open. However, because it is Sunday, the service department is closed. The Atlanta location offered to reimburse me for either a modest (not comparable) rental or a hotel while we wait for an indefinite period of time for our vehicle to be looked at and a determination to be made from there - a kind gesture but hardly the consideration I'd expect given the circumstances and the capabilities of a multimillion dollar netting corporation. After an unexpected 9 hour delay in Memphis (with an 11, 6, 5 year old and 2 month old) we are now back on the road in a rental vehicle that I had to incur the upfront out of pocket cost for (with no idea of when/if a reimbursement will actually occur in addition to the $4k I have the dealership for a down payment). I will also have to modify my trip to be by my father's side in order to coordinate the issue of driving back to Memphis to retrieve my vehicle (which I no longer want) and return the rental vehicle during the company's business hours. All of this is a nightmare in addition to the nightmare that I am already dealing with. As a consumer (and previous Nissan owner) I just expected better. Polite but unhelpful (especially when Nissan is already clearly aware of the issue after reading endless consumer reviews which highlight a week established history of an issue requiring a recall or buyer warning) is not only immoral, but also shameful. My excitement of purchasing my Roadster this summer after so many years of pining for it has now gone out the window. I'll never buy another Nissan and I will caution anyone who will listen to me to avoid doing the same for as long as I have breath and the faculties to communicate. I'm both devastated and disheartened and at less than 24 hours into my purchase, the issue is likely only beginning...

CVT Transmission is JUNK 2 in less than 1 1/2 year
By hbron1@earthlink.net

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought my 2015 PF in Nov 2014, Have various problems including needed new driver seat leather was bad. But the real trouble started at 15k about 9 months into my ownership of this brand new vehicle, started shuddering real bad needed new cvt. Than fast forward a few months and 5k and the cvt is doing the same thing shuddering so I am needing a new cvt again. I wouldn't recommend this vehicle to anyone Nissan has to fix this issue as I am sure that lots and lots of people are having these issue's.

Transmission is bad
By Al

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Do not buy this Pathfinder. Just as I got past 60,000 mile warranty the transmission went bad. Car is less than two years old. All warranty work done on time as recommended by a Nissan dealer. Looking on line it appears to be a widespread problem

bad transmission
By Kathy T

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My 2014 pathfinder needed a new transmission 6 weeks after i purchased it. 9 months later during routine servici g they found that bolts in the brake system were missing they say from the factory. Wouldnt let me drive it because it was so dangerous. Cant wait for my lease to end! I bought a nissan for peace of mind..little did i know!