2014 Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Happy in ohio
By Scott

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid Platinum Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

2015 has the Shudder or Judder
By Bmacks

I just traded my 2015 Rogue for a 2015 Pathfinder because I was wanting more space and towing capabilities. After only owning the Pathfinder for a week I began to experience a Shudder or Judder at low speeds while accelerating at 25 mph. I also began to have a severe shudder when decelerating down hills or on inclines while off the accelerator or braking. It has had a computer "reprogram" and is still experiencing the problem. I am waiting for the Dealership to get more information from the NISSAN Regional tech to provide them with the next step to correct the issue. I am not very optimistic that it will be cured. I have heard of this issue with the CVT but had no issues with my Rogue so figured they had corrected it as NISSAN had claimed. I am having great remorse and now feel that I just as well had thrown my money away because I will never get a return on this vehicle between the time in the shop and the loss of value for its issues. Needless to say this may be the last NISSAN I ever buy..

Super Charger Problems
By abruzz

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid SL Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased suv in July of 2014. Two months later, I was driving I heard a pop and thought I had run over a metal band. As I continued to drive I noticed the suv was overheating. Called dealership and they had suv towed in. They also arranged a rental for me. Approximately 10 days later, I picked up suv. Was told super charger seized and they had to pull out engine to replace it. Then in January of 2015 same thing happened. SUV towed in and was given a rental. Approx 8 days later, I p/u SUV and told same exact problem. Now I am afraid to take long trips. I fear that super charger will seize again. Also noticed that Nissan no longer making the hybrid. I assume mine is a lemon.

Great gas mileage when not running a/c. Awesome nav and sound system.

Find out why super charger continues to seize

absolutely the best SUV you can buy for the money.
By nettech

First off, this is our second 2014 Pathfinder. We purchased a standard SL V-6 Model last year, and grew to love it so much, we traded in my eight year old Camry hybrid for a Hybrid model Pathfinder. It retains all the comfort and smooth handling of its V-6 cousin, but adds in some very impressive MPG numbers to boot. I'm only on my third tank of gas after owning it for two months, and Fuel Economy has improved with every tankful (27, 29, and now 31 MPG). It's actually a bit quieter then it's V-6 cousin, due to the extra sound deadening material, and the transition from engine to EV mode is a lot less noticeable then it was in my old Camry hybrid. Nissan gets an A+ for this model.

Comfort and size are ideal for a growing family. There are cup holders everywhere, which is my wife's favorite feature. Since it's still a Pathfinder, the 5-star safety rating carries over and that's also a big plus. The car drives very smooth, and let's in minimal road noise...it's as quiet as some luxury cars I've driven. But of course, if you're considering this version, fuel economy is on your mind, and this vehicle delivers with fuel economy numbers in the high 20s/low 30s, which are exceptional for a 4,400 lb. beast.

The faux chrome on the exterior and faux brushed aluminum in the interior trim still look chincy, especially on a $40k car. It stands out even more in the charcoal interior. As for future improvements, apparently there won't be any, as Nissan hasn't placed the hybrid in the lineup for 2015. A one year production run seems too short for a vehicle that delivers so well on its promise of safety, fuel economy, and comfort, but alas, if you are considering one, do so before they sell out.

Great car!
By evacman

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid SV Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I like how smooth the ride is in this car. Also, compared to the 2012 Nissan Pathfinder I just traded in, this car is roomier inside. I look forward to seeing the types of gas mileage savings I will be able to realize. The 2012 Pathfinder was on a truck frame, but this is not and as a result, it is a sportier ride.

Rear view backup camera, 8" VGA screen, easy to use menu.

Auxillary port should come standard on the SV model.

• SUV