2014 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Transmission is bad
By Al

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Do not buy this Pathfinder. Just as I got past 60,000 mile warranty the transmission went bad. Car is less than two years old. All warranty work done on time as recommended by a Nissan dealer. Looking on line it appears to be a widespread problem

bad transmission
By Kathy T

2014 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My 2014 pathfinder needed a new transmission 6 weeks after i purchased it. 9 months later during routine servici g they found that bolts in the brake system were missing they say from the factory. Wouldnt let me drive it because it was so dangerous. Cant wait for my lease to end! I bought a nissan for peace of mind..little did i know!

Happy in ohio
By Scott

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I will never, ever buy another Nissan!!!
By MandersonSTL

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL, 4WD, in June 2014 for my wife who drives it on a daily basis. On November 25, 2015, "I borrowed" the Pathfinder from my wife and while driving it, I noticed the vehicle started shuddering. At first I thought I went over a few potholes or a rough patch in the road. It was definitely noticeable, but I didn't know what it was, or think anything of it. Then it happened again on a perfectly good road and I wasn't going fast. That's when I started paying attention. Well, it happened again. I was driving under 20-MPH at about 1000 RPM...That seemed to be the sweet/sour spot. I was able to replicate the problem a few times on the November 25th. There is no telling how long the vehicle has been doing this, because my wife could drive over a cow and not notice the violent bump. At 27,000 miles, my brand new 2014 Nissan Pathfinder was having transmission problems. WHAT!!! REALLY!!! I drive a 2005 Lexus IS 300 with 128,000 miles and it purrs like a kitten (I love my Toyota). I started researching and looking at different reviews. I pulled the Consumer Report and I even called my friend who bought her 2014 Nissan Pathfinder SV a few months after, me only to find out she already replaced her transmission at 19,000 miles, but started having problems around 3,500 miles. It took her that long to get a replacement, because the dealership kept giving her the run around. They told her "there is nothing they can do about it." To make matters worse, she is now trying to get her transmission replaced again at 22,900 miles, from the same Nissan Service Center. You've got to be kidding me!!! Well, my Pathfinder is currently at Suntrup Nissan, St. Louis, MO and we will see what they say. Note to everyone reading this, keep a record of everything from start to finish and get everything in writing. If they call you, send an email memorializing the conversation. Update to follow.

Expensive car with major issues
By Michelle

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The local service dept and Nisan consumer affairs told me the juddering is "normal" and that the car does that when the driver has a "light foot" (for better fuel economy they say - which makes no sense). So basically the are telling me that to make the juddeing stop I need to mash on the gas when I accelerate from a complete stop like I want to race the guy next to me. That sounds legit. What about the thumping it makes when at a stop sign / light? Oh yea that's normal too.

• SUV