2014 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
really not impressed!
By nwfscott1984 on 07/30/14 16:26 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

over all its exactly what we wanted in its class but have had nothing but problems. long story we had a 2013 pathfinder s class for 2 weeks and a Nissan tech smashed it into another customers car. they gave us a 2014 in place. We got it in Aug 2013, we reported a burning coolant smell in Nov 2013 with only 10 500 km. even though I can smell it in the car with my wife and 4 kids present, Nissan still says its within normal running operations. I also had both front wheel bearings replaced at 30000 km. now Nissan is refusing to take the coolant issue any further. not impressed what so ever! they say that its a common problem yet we looked online & nobody has had the same problem.

2014 sl pathfinder
By mary1422 on 07/16/14 18:33 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is the worst car I have ever owned. It has the shudder problem at 28 mph. Third time taking it in tomorrow. They say they cannot duplicate the problem so there is nothing wrong with it!! So frustrated with this car. Do not recommend anyone to buy this car.

Great Family Car
By zeus08 on 07/10/14 10:52 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car has everything that we wanted and needed for a family car. The best feature that this car comes with is the sliding rows. When you have children in a car seat is that the middle you are able to completely move it forward without having to take the carseat out. Also the leg room in the front passenger has with a carseat in back is awesome. We traded in my two year old Ford Explorer to the Pathfinder because of the lack of leg room and every time someone needed to sit in the third row we needed to take the carseat out.

2014 pathfinder transmission
By rob267 on 07/02/14 08:17 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We have the shudder problem at 20+- miles per hour and on our forth attempt at a repair the car has been in the shop now for seven days and they are still waiting on parts ????? . I will post again when I get the car back .

Transmission Issues
By sancarlos1 on 06/16/14 18:49 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Like many posters here, we're having serious issues with our Nissan Pathfinder transmission. At low RPMs the entire car shakes. We've had it in for service several times. The issue has yet to be resolved. There are less than 10K miles on the car.

2014 Platinum -excellent so far
By azawisza on 05/28/14 18:40 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have only had it for almost 300 miles now, but it drives very well. It is a great ride, super comfortable and loaded with features. If you spend the extra money and get the Platinum model with all the extra features, you will be happy that you did. Hopefully wont have any of the transmission issues, but looking forward to taking it on a road trip in the near future to see how it does for a long haul drive.

Great car!
By evacman on 05/26/14 12:51 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SV Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I like how smooth the ride is in this car. Also, compared to the 2012 Nissan Pathfinder I just traded in, this car is roomier inside. I look forward to seeing the types of gas mileage savings I will be able to realize. The 2012 Pathfinder was on a truck frame, but this is not and as a result, it is a sportier ride.

great car so far
By jefferson2 on 05/22/14 08:35 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We bought this pathfinder back in Oct 2013 we have put over 15,000km on it and have had no problems up until after the first oil change and tire rotation.... since then its been making a loud noise and the faster we go the louder it gets it almost sounds like a lawn mower or weed wacker when we get up to 110-120km per hour!! if I put the car in N and rev it up I do not here the sound only when I am driving. I love this car but this noise is not cool I guess Ill find out what it is when it goes in today. other then that I have had not other issues other then the recalls which can be expected when you launch a new model, it always takes time to work out the unexpected bugs.

2 transmission since January 2014
By mhasabal on 05/07/14 09:17 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I will make it short. what's the point of buying a new car if i have to keep going back to service almost every other week? Nissan decided to change the transmission 2 weeks after i purchased the car cause of shaking problem. then again in April 2014 cause of the same problem. and now i feel i wasted over 30,000 on piece of junk. while driving on highway car is shaking vigorously. there are already 4 recalls on the car. I will never buy a nissan again.

The Worst Vehicle I Have Owned
By dman316 on 05/03/14 21:52 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought a 2014 Pathfinder SL in Nov. 2013. I have owned a dozen Nissans, all high quality and reliable. How Nissan could turn out a vehicle with so many complaints about the CVT Transmission is very disappointing. I feel betrayed and will NEVER buy Nissan again. They remind me of Detroit quality control in the 1980's. I will sell it asap. I have had it in the shop 5 times in 3 months for acceleration problems, shakiness, poor power range. I could go on, but why. I have read the complaints of others and know I am not alone. So if anyone reads this with Nissan, I hope you are satisfied at how much of your customer base is revolting against the product that endangers our families.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder in WA is:

$192 per month*