2014 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Just bought new SL with tech package.
By scottybpga on 04/08/14 17:24 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just bought a new Pathfinder SL with the tech package. I only have 400 miles on it so far, but it seems real solid. Great ride, quiet, and I like the seating position, which is very comfortable.

Worst car experience ever!
By lodinpdx on 03/13/14 21:21 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This has been the absolute worst car experience I have ever had. We really wanted an SUV with three rows and decent gas mileage. We were exited when we found the Pathfinder Hybrid with promises of 25 miles to the gallon in the city and 28 on the highway. This all seemed too good to be true so we bought it. By day 2 I was very frustrated as I was getting 14 miles to the gallon! I tried to return the car but was told to keep driving, it would get better or Nissan would have to do something. Now I have driven over 1000 miles and seem to be getting about 17 miles to the gallon a far cry form 25! I have talked to Consumer Affairs as well as the dealership and no one has done anything.

Avoid a 45K error.
By hp1236 on 03/04/14 07:07 AM (PST)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder Plat with Premium options and the vehicle had 9 miles on it. I drove the vehicle 50 miles to my home and the next morning there was an i-Key system error or similar. A little later the check engine light came on. OBD code was P0850. I was told there was a fob programming but it turned out to be a shifter assembly part needed to be replaced. Needless to say, I had to bring the vehicle back to get it fixed. A couple of days later my wife was sitting in the passenger seat and I noticed the passenger airbag was off. Back to the dealer and I am told the seat was not calibrated. They fixed it, yesterday the issue with the airbag is back.

2014 Pathfinder SUCKS!!!!
By src2006 on 01/29/14 16:44 PM (PST)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought a 2014 Model from Micheal Jordan Nissan in Durham, NC in Oct. 2013! Was told by sales person that the transmission "sudder" issue was fixed on the 2014's. At 1500 miles the sudder issue started happening at around 20 MPH. Took it back they said needed a new transmission. Work with Nissan corp. for 2 weeks and they would not give me a new vehicle or my money back!! Would anyne in their right mind want a brand new SUV with 1500 miles on it with the transmission already replace? DON'T THINK SO!! I'm stuck with this piece of crap because can't trade it and will lose $6000.00 on it and differently can't sell it. Nissan stinks and NEVER AGAIN will I buy another one!!! Honda or Toyota!!

2014 Pathfinder with transmission and brakes issues
By astridmp on 01/07/14 20:10 PM (PST)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Hello, I purchased a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder in october 2013 and the following day it started shuddering at around 20mph and the steering wheel would start vibrate at 50mph. Then I had a weird feeling when using the brakes and they told me it was normal I told Nissan, they did not mention the issues the 2013 model had... I had to find out by myself online...I should have done my homework before... I also noticed a loss of power when accelerating and the gas mileage is between 15 and 19 after driving it for 3 months. I received a recall notification a few weeks ago for the barkes and my car is going to the shop again tomorrow. I had to fight to get a rental car while they work on it...

The kids named it Thor..and I'm okay with that
By markfahlsing on 01/05/14 20:38 PM (PST)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We just picked up a 2014 Pathfinder on year-end closeout; paid <$35K for the Platinum (no premium) Other car is a 2008 Infiniti M35, and I can safely say that this Pathfinder is our M35 with a 3rd row! We looked at the Flex Limited and CX-9 Grand Touring, and the Nissan just flat-out wins. Yes, we did look at the JX35/QX60, but I cannot see the difference to justify a 12K gap in pricing (wake up Infiniti, and put the 3.7 in there...) Kudos too to the Nissan buying experience; Ford is still stuck in Anchorman-era. Mazda offers compelling choices, and I will probably kick myself when the diesel CX-9 comes out next year, but here's to X-MAS bonuses

3 words- Affordability, Luxurious, Economical!
By biodiesel2 on 11/30/13 11:16 AM (PST)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

1. Affordability - Priced $10k to $20k under all other premium based Hybrid SUVs. 2. Luxurious - a very quiet and smooth ride. Leg and head room galore. Has everything even the heated and cooled leather seats front and heated seats back. 3. Economical- Rated with an all around MPG of 26. First tank full of gas resulted in a city/highway drive mix 29 MPG. 4. Stylish- The Pathfinder just looks good! 5. I am still amazed and surprised with all the appointments. I love this car! I am Happy! Happy!

So far so good
By cshannon on 11/08/13 07:14 AM (PST)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned my pathfinder a month and still love it. I have put on 1500 miles so far. I purchased the premium platinum package with the rear DVD system and the biggest problem we have is the kids fighting over which DVD to watch. I went from a GMC Yukon and was worried at first about going to a smaller SUV but I was pleasantly surprised how roomy the interior actually is. I have not had any of the transmission problems that I have read about in the other reviews the pathfinder is really a fun car to drive.

Best Value
By pathman1 on 11/05/13 20:59 PM (PST)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have been very happy w/ my '14 Pathfinder Platinum since taking delivery 3 weeks ago. I felt this vehicle was the best value in this category. I also strongly considered the GMC Acadia and favored the electronics on the GMC, but the drivers seat in Pathfinder and price for the amount of options out weighed the GMC.

Excellent value for the money
By nettech on 11/04/13 11:12 AM (PST)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

So, far we've been very impressed with our SL Pathfinder. The Tech Package seems like a worthwhile option with the Navigation as well as the Bose Waveguide system. The SUV drives like a car; extremely smooth and capable. Some reviews take a shot at the Pathfinder's V6 as being sluggish, but let me tell you, the car has no problems accelerating quickly up to 80mph when passing; its very responsive. Front and back seat room is ample, and the cargo area isn't shabby either. The leather seating and surfaces are soft, and supple. I'm not a fan of some of the plastics used, but hey, its not an Infiniti. Provided the car holds up mechanically, the Pathfinder will be ours for years to come.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder in WA is:

$192 per month*