2014 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

2014 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Almost perfect
By tykes on 02/08/15 22:58 PM (PST)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Updated review- Bought 2014 SL 4x4 in Aug. 2013. 3k - 5k miles we experienced the shudder, took it into the dealer, they fixed it. 22k miles the CVT started acting up again, took it in and they replaced the transmission! At 32k miles it did it again, again they adjusted it, at 37k it hasn't done it again, so far. We have been very lucky/happy with our dealer and the service they have provided us with on this issue. Pro's - Smooth ride, great features, love the leg room, good gas mileage, fun to drive, reasonably priced, Got into head on collision, very impressed with the safety features of this car. Car was totaled. Really love this car but will not buy again until CVT is fixed.

Overall - poor designed car
By amirse on 01/23/15 09:33 AM (PST)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

1. The Noise coming from the CVT engine is awful. Something that was never heard in any other car. Nissan Canada claim this is normal for this car. 2. connection between the fuel consumption that Nissan advertised and reality is absolutely non-exist. Expect around 30% more. 3. Quality of interior materials super low. Just move your hand in the inner part of the steering wheel.. Hope you will not cut yourself from that poorly manufactured plastic parts.

Drive train troubles
By retiredbill on 12/20/14 09:02 AM (PST)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Vehicle worked flawlessly till 7500 miles. At that time there was loud knock and vibration from trans area. Since then there is intermittent vibrations and shudders. Dealer 1st stated they can find nothing, then, this is normal. If normal, I think it should happen all the time. Dealer then stated it sounds like torque converter, but won't fix. Told factory rep would contact, but never did. Am afraid vehicle will let me sit. Would consider trading, but was told value is zip due to vehicle transmission reputation. Would love Nissan to step up to the plate ands repair / replace. Anyone listening?

CVT problems
By pksuvan on 12/11/14 07:45 AM (PST)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased in April 2014 (same month vehicle was assembled). I was aware of the CVT issues before purchasing but hoped that Nissan had fixed the problem with newer builds. No such luck. Last weekend the problems began. Shudders, power loss, surging etc.. Pathfinder no longer safe to drive. Nissan replacing transmission under warranty. 19,000km on the odometer. No other complaints with this vehicle.

Disappointment - Transmission Failure
By gol_den2 on 12/04/14 12:20 PM (PST)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased this vehicle new in May 2014. In October 2014 with less than 5,000 miles the transmission began slipping at speeds above 60mph. Took it to dealer who said may be bad gas and to fill up once with 89 octane. In November 2014, the transmission slipped constantly (No warning lights came on). Took it to dealer, they confirmed it was a bad transmission. They said they were putting a new transmission in however it is still in the shop so I am unable to validate if it is new or a remanufactured transmission that is going in it. A vehicle with less than 6k miles and cost $45K a total disappointment. Stay away from the Pathfinder.

Transmission Problems
By unklbuk on 11/07/14 15:46 PM (PST)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

we just turned over 13,000km and the transmission failed. The Nissan dealer outlined they ordered a new one and would install it at no charge. Good deal. Problem- They put a remanufactured transmission in a brand new vehicle. BAD BAD BAD. Check the warranty documents as they are allowed to do this under their manufacturers warranty. I cannot believe that you spend 50K on a new vehicle and when you have a problem they put a USED transmission in it and call it new....

Good Crossover
By taskman on 11/04/14 17:06 PM (PST)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We bought this pathfinder AWD back in May 2014 we have put over 6,500mi on it and have had no problems. After owning an Expedition for several years initially I was hesitant to move to this crossover especially because the bad press for CVTs. The overall experience has been positive still able to tow my 18' boat at the same time save gas for daily use. Although the switch from traditional automatic to CTV is not 100% transparent (you need to adapt between keep pressing down the gas vs. hold or overdrive vs. automatically braking with engine for downhill's) at the end of the day it deliver a good experience.

absolutely the best SUV you can buy for the money.
By nettech on 10/09/14 04:58 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

First off, this is our second 2014 Pathfinder. We purchased a standard SL V-6 Model last year, and grew to love it so much, we traded in my eight year old Camry hybrid for a Hybrid model Pathfinder. It retains all the comfort and smooth handling of its V-6 cousin, but adds in some very impressive MPG numbers to boot. I'm only on my third tank of gas after owning it for two months, and Fuel Economy has improved with every tankful (27, 29, and now 31 MPG). It's actually a bit quieter then it's V-6 cousin, due to the extra sound deadening material, and the transition from engine to EV mode is a lot less noticeable then it was in my old Camry hybrid. Nissan gets an A+ for this model.

I waited before deciding to review ....
By woody35 on 09/22/14 17:14 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Had heard about the shuddering challenges, decided to purchase anyway - alas, at low miles it started to shudder, talked to my dealer and was told it was nothing ..... On a road trip to Canada it got to the point I was ready to return the vehicle once we got home. Called Nissan directly who directed me to the nearest dealer, who identified, addressed and fixed the problem within hours! Only have good things to say about them. LOVE this car, it offers everything plus more! I researched the rest, then purchased the best! Ride, comfort, features OUTSTANDING.

I work for VW and drive a pathfinder
By andrewvw on 09/05/14 20:19 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The Nissan pathfinder is the best overall suv you will ever buy, longer lasting less maintenance, less expensive than most but not just a better value they drive awesome with the cvt transmission, they are quality built and so very comfy if you have kids. Get the sl version it's just below the platinum the top level but you have the option to get the premium package that has the full sky light sunroof I. The back the Bose and the heated seats and super premium leather. Everything about it makes so much more sense than all the crap new do serif SUVs that are more expensive and just break down. There is not one suv that literally beats the pathfinder in looks(sexy mobile) or anything else