2014 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2014 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Solid
By curio

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We were looking for an SUV after the birth of our second child, and the Pathfinder SV came out on top for us. The Highlander has a gorgeous interior and a little more room inside, but is very closed in and tank-like. The Ford Edge is great to look at, but the interior can't match Toyota and Nissan quality. Mazda CX-9 was awesome to drive, but has VERY hard suspension as a result. Acura RDX was ridiculously small inside with no leg room in front or back. Overall, the Pathfinder does everything really well and doesn't have any shortcomings so far.

Favorite Features

Solid construction. High quality interior. Comfortable ride without handling like a truck. Decent space inside. Comes out extremely well in safety tests, and reports are that they're reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Mirror with HomeLink and compass should be standard on SV and above.

No problems so far - seems like a very nice vehicle
By nv_girl

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We purchased a 2014 SL new in November 2014. We've driven it lightly so far, only 2000 miles, and had absolutely NO issues with it. It is quiet, smooth, and I don't have any of the CVT issues reported. I do notice the transmission shifting differently than my old car (an older Highlander), but it's not an issue or a problem, just the nature of CVT. But honestly, if there had been as many reviews mentioning CVT problems in November as there are today -- I would NOT have purchased this vehicle. But so far, it's a fine vehicle with no issues. We also have a 2015 RAV-4, and the Nissan touchscreen isn't as intuitive as the Toyota one for setting up bluetooth, etc.

Favorite Features

Comfortable interior and ride. Overall cabin finishings are high quality.

Suggested Improvements

improve touchscreen menus and ease of use. Also, something about the window tinting casts a VERY Strong reflection in the drivers side mirror, rendering it sometimes useless, because all you can see is a reflection of the interior air conditioner vent in the side mirror.

Second time around not better...
By carly13mky

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had a new 2013 pathfinder, that had so many issues i was in and out of the shop every 6 weeks... so they traded me for a new 2014. So far, the air bag sensor has been faulty, the control panel has been replaced (couldn't read the gas correctly, said i was out when in fact i had 1/3 tank), the transmission control module has been replaced, and it still rattles and shakes. I'm not impressed, I won't buy another one. I see myself back in the shop soon if the rattling continues. At first they blamed an alignment issue. Paid for that to be fixed, and it's still rattling. Not all the time, just periodically. Atleast it does not have the no-go problem my 2013 had.

Suggested Improvements

New Transmission Better electronics fix the air bag sensors - won't read my 160lb guests.

Super Charger Problems
By abruzz

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased suv in July of 2014. Two months later, I was driving I heard a pop and thought I had run over a metal band. As I continued to drive I noticed the suv was overheating. Called dealership and they had suv towed in. They also arranged a rental for me. Approximately 10 days later, I picked up suv. Was told super charger seized and they had to pull out engine to replace it. Then in January of 2015 same thing happened. SUV towed in and was given a rental. Approx 8 days later, I p/u SUV and told same exact problem. Now I am afraid to take long trips. I fear that super charger will seize again. Also noticed that Nissan no longer making the hybrid. I assume mine is a lemon.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage when not running a/c. Awesome nav and sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Find out why super charger continues to seize

Almost perfect
By tykes

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Updated review- Bought 2014 SL 4x4 in Aug. 2013. 3k - 5k miles we experienced the shudder, took it into the dealer, they fixed it. 22k miles the CVT started acting up again, took it in and they replaced the transmission! At 32k miles it did it again, again they adjusted it, at 37k it hasn't done it again, so far. We have been very lucky/happy with our dealer and the service they have provided us with on this issue. Pro's - Smooth ride, great features, love the leg room, good gas mileage, fun to drive, reasonably priced, Got into head on collision, very impressed with the safety features of this car. Car was totaled. Really love this car but will not buy again until CVT is fixed.

Favorite Features

Shoulder strap in back middle seat (rare) a plus in our accident. Safe and reliable, with the exception of the CVT.

Suggested Improvements

Fix CVT, Seats could be more comfortable