Transmission problems
By sygriff on
2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I would not recommend the 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. Wait until they get all the bugs out. I started having problems with the transmission a few days after buying the Pathfinder. Took it back in to the dealer but they could not find anything wrong with it. A month or so later I get a recall notice about the transmission. Went in for the "fix"...and it began acting up on the way home, which means the"fix" did not work. I live 1.5 hours from the dealership and I am taking it in for the third time after the recall "fix". Dealership never can find anything wrong with it, but they only drive it around the block...no wonder. Very, very disappointed and now stuck with it.
By pgrigsby
on 03/29/13 06:57 AM (PDT)

This post could have been written by me. I am having the same CVT problems. Have taken my 2013 Pathfinder into the Dealer 3 times now; they cannot find anything wrong (their computers show nothing wrong going on.) My CVT rattles and shakes when I am accellerating at slow speeds (~1200-1500 RPMs). I have called and reported this to the Nissan Consumer Division and have reported this to my State Lemon Law Division. When they drive it around the block, they cannot find anything. I drive it on long trips, the CVT heats up, and it happens to me regularly. I will pursue this. Nice vehicle except for this CVT problem, which is a major problem.

By nee1
on 05/15/13 16:25 PM (PDT)

My Pathfinder 2013 with just 600 miles is having the same shuttering at low speeds problem I have an appointment with the service manager tomorrow. I hope he will ride with me until the problem shows. This problem will not be solved locally, Nissan needs to find the fix and soon.

By deedeekh
on 01/16/14 14:07 PM (PST)

I had the same problem with my 2013 Pathfinder. They replaced the transmission in it and I have not had any problems since. You must take them for a ride down the road in the vehicle. Every time they test drove mine, "it wouldn't shudder", according to them. So, my husband took them for a drive. Problem solved! These are very nice vehicles and the "new" transmission they put in mine works great!

By nowaynissan
on 05/26/13 05:34 AM (PDT)

Wow am I disappointed!!! 3 month old 2013 Nissan pathfinder - bought it out right and brand new with less than 50 miles on it, problem 1: overhead rear side light manufacturer defect within first 2 weeks of owning vehicle and still waiting after 3 months to get part replaced but #2 BIG PROBLEM - the transmission completely failed - no acceleration and while on the road - posing major safety while driving -thankfully able to get pushed off to the side of the road - kids in the car, on way to family vacation, required towing, etc. transmission fluid all over the road! Not even 3700 miles on the vehicle!!!!!! Nissan - I want all my money back !!!!

By timtysonsmith
on 06/05/14 14:38 PM (PDT)

maybe nissan is on top of it now I just bought a used 2013 with 16,000 miles on the clock and immediately noticed the problem my dealer was pretty decent about it and new transmission on order...