Fun ride
By nerdbasher on
2013 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
We have had it for a month now. We had a 4 hour trip to see family and with a head wind for much of it still got just over 24 MPGs! We can slide the second row back so our two kids in car seats don't kick the back of my seat. Getting nieces and nephews into the 3rd row is nice because you can just slide the middle row up even with a big carseat! The transmission was a concern, lots of people moaning and groaning there. It feels different, BECAUSE IT IS DIFFERENT.The "stutter" described is likely just a result of inconsistent pressure on the gas when accelerating. I have tried to get the tranny to act up and if I press down, then let up then press down again it "transitions" gears but no prob
Favorite Features
Sliding middle row, storage compartment in the back of the car is awesome! Put groceries down there and then fill up the cargo space on top. Even with 3rd row in place, more cargo room than our old explorer and a friends MDX. Great handling, turns almost as tight as my nissan sentra! I love the transmission feel, it is different but is so dang smooth! Great fields of vision all around, no bad blind spots.
Suggested Improvements
It does look a little too "mini-van"esque. Maybe add some nice lines to the door panels instead of big flat doors.
By krismac
on 05/16/14 16:57 PM (PDT)

You obviously don't have the transmission issue, you are lucky. It is not inconsistent pedal pressure. My pathfinder shakes dramatically at approx 22mph or 37 if driving at that speed for more than a minute. It is a serious issue, and actually happens as a result of consistent pressure at certain ranges of speed. It also rolls back at hilly intersections, quite a distance too, enough to hit car behind you if not careful. Also on hills the transmission can take almost a minute to engage. I can not pull out into traffic with any confidence. Even after the recall on the brakes, it still travels further than expected when braking on uneven surfaces. You are lucky these have not affected yours, but do not diminish the significance for those who do have these problems...they are major and brushed off by service departments. The vehicle is unreliable and unpredictable, not what I was expecting when I leased a vehicle with a sticker over $45k (platinum premium). Sad that they don't offer a loaner vehicle when brining it in for recall and repeated diagnostics...especially when there is no resolution.