2013 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: Transmission Problems with no

2013 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Review

Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 CVT Automatic)

Transmission Problems with no fix
By mpom on

2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2013 Pathfinder in Nov of 2012, it began having the "shudder" fairly shortly after but I didn't acknowledge it for a while. As it continued to worsen, I brought it to the dealers attention. I was told they were aware but did not have a fix for it. I continued to mention it every time I brought the car in for service. I was finally told to call Nissan which is a joke. They sent me back to the dealer who has told me that for their protection they must be very careful with how they handle it. What about the $45,000 I spent. Where is my protection? I am considering hiring a lawyer....
By richard194
on 04/25/14 09:36 AM (PDT)

Nissan knows about this problem. Both the 2013 Pathfinder and Altima have the same software problem. A glitch in the program give incorrect commands to the CVT, , which in turn cause permanent damage. If the car begins shuttering, the transmission belt is already damaged. The software was designed to improve milage; Unfortunately, the glitch in the software ends up damaging the CVT belt drive system. A full drivetrain replacement is the only fix. Or return the car.