Great Car for Traveling
By jwil32e on
2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I was looking for a family car with 3 rows so i looked at the Acura MDX which starts at the price i bought the pathfinder fully loaded, the Mazda CX-9, and the Infiniti JX. The JX would have cost $15k more fully loaded with only having a little more features like Lane Departure Warning which isnt worth $15k. The CX-9 and MDX dont compare when it comes to size. I am 6' and still have leg room in the 3rd row. The tech is great and its comfortable. Very minimal road noise it still wows me to this day. i normally drive about 80-85 and it feels like nothing in this. 4WD is also excellent. I get 19.7 mpg but again i drive 80-85. The 14 Speaker Bose beats hard and the tv's are great for the kids.
Favorite Features
Bluetooth, dual 10" subwoofers, Panoramic Moon Roof, heated rear seats and cooled front seats, heated steering wheel, 360 degree cameras, TV's with headphones, THE 120V OUTLET!!! keeps my phone alive!, Remote start for cold mornings, individual memory settings for each registered key (seat placement, mirrors, steering wheel, radio stations), the wow factor (turns heads all the time). The turning radius is terrific wouldnt expect it from a suv of this size but its hard to determine what you can make because you cant see the front of the car because the curved hood. Tire pressure monitoring system is a huge + because in my old car we had flats.....ALL THE TIME. This pathfinder will alert you.
Suggested Improvements
Low ground clearance because of front under spoiler (i guess you could call it that)? No Aux jack, no power folding mirrors, needs lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring, and adaptive cruise control, no xenon or HID headlamps available, no adaptive suspension and thats about it. I havent had any mechanical problems. Although at the back of the right roof rack. the corner plastic piece raises just a tiny bit but can be pushed back in not anything that bothers me though because i dont use the roof racks just got them for looks. You also might want to test the distance of the sensors before you rely on them majorly.