2013 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: Concerns on door weatherstrips

2013 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Review

Concerns on door weatherstrips
By harv8 on

2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I need to start by saying that I love the vehicle. Got it in December, platinum edition, red with black interior. I owned several Muranos before this and the pathfinder is better than the Murano in most areas. The one thing that confuses me is why Nissan did not recess the doors at the bottom or at least provide a threshold plate under the bottom of the doors. The outer weatherstrip seal on the bottom of the doors is huge and fitts loosely. This allows road salt and water to polute the door jambs. I hope Nissan can improve these seals.

Lots of space, great touring vehicle with lots of driver leg room and comfort. Love the around view.

Tighter fitting door seals on the bottom of the doors. I went back to the dealership and they verified that the other 2013 Pathfinders on the lot have the same gaps in the bottom weatherstrips. I have to clean the door jambs and seals after each car wash since water and road debris penetrate into the gaps of the weatherstrips. This could lead to eventual corrosion issues. When I drove from Pittsburgh to Chicago in December, the door jambs and lower door frame were coated in white road salt that sprayed up from the roads.