A change, but I like it!
By easygo3 on
2013 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I've had the Platinum Pathfinder for about a month now. It got a rude introduction to winter shorly after I got it, but it came through with flying colors. I traded in a Siverado 4x4 4dr, so the smaller size is taking some getting used to, but the gas mileage and ease of parking are helping a lot! Even with only 600 miles of primarily city driving, and lots of cold weather idling, I'm averaging nearly 18 mpg overall.
Favorite Features
The ride and handling is great, and the Pathfinder got around great during our first good winter storm.
Suggested Improvements
Some of the controls are small and a little tough to see (especially if you're "visually impaired"!). I'd like to have the 12v outlets a little more accessible. They're almost hidden, and make plugging in a phone charger rather difficult if you have even moderately large hands.
By tonemaster
on 02/03/13 15:51 PM (PST)

I purchased the SV model, last November, and I do primarily city driving. I have been exyta careful to accelerate slow taking off, and easing off the accelerator when coasting, and I can't get beyond 15.3 MPG. I'm a little concerned that I read reviews of people getting 18 MPG and higher on average and I can't get close to the 19 MPG city advertised. What is the % city driving vs highway driving that you do? Mine is all city with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 highway trips a month. If anyone has any suugestions, please let me know. Thanks.

By steel11
on 02/04/13 13:05 PM (PST)

I purchased SL with Premium I got about 15 MPG on the first full tank that come with the car. On my second tanks I go 21 MPG 80% highway and 20% city driving. Then I swithed to 2WD on my 3rd tank I am getting 19 or better 80% local and 20% highway. I hope this helps