Used 2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Just bought 2013 Pathfinder
By keenoo

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have been reading the latest reviews on the 2013 Pathfinder and find them a bit disappointing. I bought mine yesterday and have 25 miles on it. I hope and pray I DO NOT have transmissions problems! I have been through transmission issues with a 2002 Ford Explorer and they were never rectified. I fell in love with this car after driving the Infiniti JX. I have the fully loaded Platinum. We read the reviews prior to buying and were so worried that the dealer included the 7yrs, 100,000 miles coverage on the engine and transmission. I hope the issues are in the minority and do not show up with me. If they do I hope Nissan can rectify the problem and take care of their customers.

Favorite Features

Interior design, dual sun roofs, layout of the dash with monitor that is touch screen with all the options.

Suggested Improvements

None at this moment. Hoping my experience is better than some of the other owners!

sputtering
By chocolatecake

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love my 2013 Pathfinder with the exception of the sputtering every so often. I have been told that there is no fix and Nissan is working on one; so therefore there is no recall as of now. It feels as though it will cut off when it does this. I have been told that no Pathfinder with this problem has cut off so far.

Run away
By kenneth20

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

So far after 2 months and 1600miles... Cracked valve cover dumped oil all over our driveway. On a mountain road shifting into low did nothing, the mechanic at the dealership verified the problem, but Nissan's official response is that this is the way the CVT works and that's it. On that problem and response alone we are trying to get our money back. Now we are experiencing the "Jutter" problem everyone else has been complaining about.

DON'T BUY THE PATHFINDER
By baine001

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2013 Pathfinder on April 19 and have just put 1000 miles on it. Since buying it it has shuddered at least a half a dozen times. The shudder lasts for about 2 to 3 seconds usually while trying to accelerate from a slow roll. The car has no power while the shudder is going on. Very Dangerous! I brought the car to the dealer and they told me that Nissan is aware of the problem and that it can take approximately 2 weeks to 2 months for Nissan to come up with a solution. I told the dealer that the car is unsafe to drive. They told me that Nissan told them that the car is safe to drive and that I need to “floor” the gas pedal when accelerating to bypass the shudder issue.

Do not buy this vehicle!!!
By slb10

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I read some negative reviews on this car. But I figured most people who review cars have probably had a bad experience, and were not the majority. I guess I learned a hard lesson. We bought the car 23 days ago. It has been in the service department for 16 of those days. It has broke down 3 times and had to be towed back in. The last week it was in the shop they had no answers for us. Today they informed us the are ordering a new engine control unit. I am not typically a complainer, but this has been beyond frustrating. The dealership (Nissan Uftring in Peoria) have been terrible communicators. My wish is they would just buy the car back. Unfortunately I don't think that is going to happen.

Favorite Features

The second row seating moving forward with car seats in it is what sold us the car. Now if we only had the car to use....

Suggested Improvements

I really would prefer to buy a vehicle that actually works. Not in the shop 16/23 days of ownership. I would also like them to acknowledge the car is a lemon and buy it back.