2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Knocking Sound
By hth3 on 02/16/13 00:06 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought the 2013 Pathfinder SL on 11/26/2012. I started experiencing the knocking sound when accelerate the vehicle. I took it in to service, but the Technician could not hear it very well because it was snowy day with road noise. He told me to take it back at another time. I am planning to take it in again on my first oil change. It has about 1700 miles on it now. The car already had the Transmission Control Module re-programmed. I traded my 2011 Altima to Toyota and traded my 2011 Quest for this new Pathfinder I thought I gave Nissan another chance, but so far very disappointed. If they can't get rid of the knocking sound, I will get rid of the car in 2 years or before it's out of warranty and of course NO MORE NISSAN.

Enjoying first SUV
By dawn388 on 02/15/13 10:58 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

So far I am enjoying my first SUV. Very good ride, interior and space for my needs. It's actually a little more space than I really need. Everything is easily accessible. The gas mileage is very good. I've had it three months and no problems to date. I bought the SL Premium edition. I read a few complaints here. Unfortunately, every vehicle will have some glitches -- no matter what the make. There's no perfect car. I've owned Hondas, Pontiacs, Chryslers, Mitsubishis and Nissans and there wasn't a perfect one in the bunch.

Smooth ride and fun!! Great family vehicle!
By kitten75 on 02/12/13 15:32 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Very comfortable ride, love the new design. Fun to drive and very spacious. All that you would want for an SUV.

Nissan Fan Turned Sour on Quality
By jk2013 on 02/11/13 18:50 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

"I was a big fan of the Nissan product having owned a 2010 maxima, I was very disappointed in the quality of the 2013 Pathfinder. Within the first month I have had front headlight burn out, leaking windows, Parking sensor warning lights and more importantly transmission issues with the newly designed CVT, producing rumbling noises and providing sluggish performance/delays at low to mid city driving speeds. Dealer will not take the SUV back as they claim that it would be considered a defective product and could not sell it. Kind of funny as Nissan had no issue selling me a defective product in the first place. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND NOT PURCHASING THIS VEHICLE...AT LEAST 2013 YEAR!

Don't buy!
By regina2662 on 02/11/13 18:36 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My husband and I bought a 2013 Pathfinder 3 weeks ago and our vehicle has been in the shop twice! First time Feb. 6th due to our vehicle jerking back and forth while we were driving with our kids in the vehicle. At first Nissan said they couldn't figure out whats wrong then they said it was a sensor and it was fixed. My kids and I have been sick so we didn't drive the car again until Feb. 10th in which the vehicle again was jerking back and forth and now making a very loud knocking sound. Took the vehicle again to Nissan today (Feb. 11th) and it has been there since 9:30 a.m. just to be told "we don't see anything wrong with it" 6 hours later ..... Never again will I buy NISSAN!

No blind-spot warning!!!
By tmatem on 02/07/13 16:47 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is very comparable to the Infinity JX. The JX has some high technology features that are not offered in the Pathfinder, but costs about $9k more. One of these features is the blind-spot warning. Unfortunately, Nissan offers the blind-spot warning as an option in the Altima, but not in the Pathfinder.

Concerns on door weatherstrips
By harv8 on 02/07/13 10:54 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I need to start by saying that I love the vehicle. Got it in December, platinum edition, red with black interior. I owned several Muranos before this and the pathfinder is better than the Murano in most areas. The one thing that confuses me is why Nissan did not recess the doors at the bottom or at least provide a threshold plate under the bottom of the doors. The outer weatherstrip seal on the bottom of the doors is huge and fitts loosely. This allows road salt and water to polute the door jambs. I hope Nissan can improve these seals.

The best in its class!!
By jake7777 on 02/04/13 18:46 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I recently purchased this SUV and has been the best decision I ever made. Test drove and compared others including the Pilot, Highlander, Mazda CX9. The pathfinder outshines them all in interior aesthetics, comfort, cushioned drive and mileage. The almond leather on it is so good. I feel very proud as a owner and look forward to drive it every day.

One of the Best SUV I had
By steel11 on 02/04/13 12:34 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We just got 2013 Pathfinder SL with Premium Package and we love it. It drives like car and room inside is great. We test dove the JX, MDX, Highlander and Pilot at the end we went with Nissan I don't regreted one bit. SUV is comfy and fuel economy is best. We keep it on 2WD all the time and we are getting combine 22.5 miles per gallon. If you drive on AUTO mode gas miles is around 21 combine so we keep it on 2WD unless we needed. We had 2010 Pilot leased for 3 years Pathfinder drives better and more rommer inside. Also it is much easy to get to the 3rd row

nice
By roofster on 01/23/13 18:25 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I just bought a new Platinum. I am optimistic, but have a lightbulb out after only a week. This is my fourth Pathfinder dating back to the ones with the triangle windows. My last was a 2005 and I had alot of problems with it. It was the first one I had that was made in the US...the others went 250k. The 05 only made it to 100k before the engine and tranny failed. Also electrical problems. This one is quiet and it it gets better mileage. I like the ride and toys. It doesn't feel like a truck as the others did, but will still tow more than I need. Will see what the miles bring. Only at a thousand, and like it more than the old models. Reliability? We'll see and I'll update my review over time.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder Suv in VA is:

$151 per month*