Used 2013 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Best Care I've Ever Owned
By johnjohn12

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2013 PF, SL, 4x4 premium in June 2013. I have almost 2,000 miles on it so far and it is the funnest SUV I've ever owned. Absolutely comfortable inside and plenty of room for my two kids. Lots of fun gadgets and great has milege. I haven't had any problems with anything and have absolute trust in the Nissan name.

XM, Bluetooth, remote lift gate, 4X4 with three settings, leather seats

It's overall very quiet although at high speeds and moderate winds, the hood vibrates a bit

Switched from Titan LE Truck to Pathfinder Platinum
By chaseco321

2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Absolutely Love this vehicle. Bought 3 weeks ago, I average 25K miles a year, and so far it is wonderful with no problems. Does not have the power of my previous Titan V8, but for a V6 with a CVT Transmission, it does great for my needs. Researched Ford Explorer Limited and Pathfinder, mulled over all the blogs, comments and bottom line for me, the Price for the vehicle & all the Premium Platinum features verses the Ford Explorer Limited, along with the "trade Value" three years from now, Nissan won this buyer over again. Especially love the remote start and heated/cooled seats. So Far So Good!! 360 camera view also a neat feature!!

Most practical in its class
By mlebauer

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The Pathfinder was not originally on my list, gravitating towards the Mazda CX-5 due to sportiness and fuel economy. When I took the 15 & 17yo boys to look at the new car, they sat in the back of the Mazda and declared, "no way". We headed up car dealer row trying out similar vehicles: Mazda CX-9, Hyundai Santa Fe, Subaru Outback, Toyota Highlander, Chevy Traverse & Equinox, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Dodge Journey, Ford Edge and Explorer. Of all those that "fit", the Nissan had the best fuel economy, and the most attractive interior. It's just plain a comfortable ride, with near luxury interior and nice soft leather seats. Good since I was replacing an Escalade and Jaguar with the Nissan.

Leather seats, folding and sliding 2nd row, attractive dash layout, comfortable ride, 5K lbs towing, decent 3rd row space, 25mpg on hwy (best in class).

Steering numb on-center, transmission drops revs too aggressively after initial acceleration causing a slight surge, add some now common luxury features like lane departure warnings and adaptive cruise to the options list. A center split (40/20/40) 2nd row would be nice too for 4 passenger plus long cargo (skis) hauling. But all quibbles, the Pathfinder does what we'd hoped.

Disappointed
By dmontoya

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased in April, the car has been to the dealership 3 times for repairs (over 30 days in the shop and counting, it is there now). First visit was for a misaligned hood and pax airbag issue. Second was for same Pax airbag issue and CVT, currently in for a new transmission due to cvt issues (stuttering between 15 and 20 mph). We are invoking our state's lemon law to have Nissan buy back, we will see how that goes. Great looking car, quality is the worse I have ever seen in my 30 years of purchasing vehicles.

Rear view camera, third row seat access.

Pax airbag that works. Design/build. Hood still shakes a bit a highway speed, it juts out a half inch or so on the front, it seems that isn't aerodynamically beneficial.

Finally a Pathfinder that's rides like an Acura and Benz
By roadtester1

2013 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Why is 2013 Nissan Pathfinder a solid choice in my opinion vs. some of its peers. For starters Nissan finally moved away from an off road SUV (truck on frame) to one that mainstream families like myself will want and use. How many families do you know that go rock crawling or off roading vs. those who need space, comfort, handling like an Acura or Mercedes with virtually no tire and road noise? How many V6's can offer 19-26 MPG's when fully loaded with the AC blasting? For those who do not like or complain about the CVT transmission need to learn more about it. This is not new. All snow mobiles, wave runners, boats and heavy equipment use this type of transmission and its a solid choice.

Ride - A comfortable ride with great handling. No bumpy or break your back ride with this vehicle. Road Noise - There is virtually no road noise and zero tire noise which is quite a treat while traveling long distances. Space - There is more head, leg, shoulder, hip and 2nd & 3rd row space then any other vehicle in this class. The three shelf glove box is smart. Creature Features - They dash was well though out so you do not have to take your eyes off the wheel. The command center is great. Well done. Power - Step on this gas and this baby combined with the CVT is a monster. CVT Transmission. If one understands this technology they will see why this makes sense.

To date only a couple that would help me and probably most families. It would be nice if Nissan either added side rail step bars so one could enter the vehicle easier. This is a problem with all SUV's. Move the 2WD, 4WD or AWD knob to the dash as not many are going to use this unless they live in the snow. Not a big deal as its out of the way but would be nice. Add a second front power outlet to S base model. You gave the entry level S model the same engine, transmission, brakes and safety features as all other trim levels so add a why not. Make the 2nd row a 50/50 with the very center being removable so passangers can walk to the 3rd row. The current latch and glide is great.