Used 2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Never performed on gas mileage
By Angel Callejon

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bough it in December 2013 and never got the advertised gas mileage 21 and 26 mpg, only 19 in city and 22 in hwy. After the recall to fix CVT mine wnet down to 17 mpg in city (never check in hwy).
Dealer did not find any problem with that as computer did not registered an issue.

CVT problem Nissan won't fix
By Jay

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Had problems with the CVT from almost the start. Had severe juddering or shaking at certain speeds consistently and RPM revs at highway speeds with deceleration. Had in numerous times with nearly no support. They would keep my car for extended periods of time with no loaner only to say they couldn't detect juddering. Funny I could make it happen without any effort. Finally with little warranty left I traded it in. Will never buy a Nissan again. Too bad because everything else about the car I loved. Wish they owned up to their problems.

Nissan Pathfinder Beware transmission problems in
By Kevin

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Run fast do not buy a Nissan Pathfinder
You will regret it trust me!!!!!

So much potential so much maintenance
By B Haden

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We leased a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder SV for 36 months. We enjoyed the vehicle appearance interior and performance. Unfortunately the transmission continually had issues in this car. We truly wanted it to work out but the dealer repeatedly informed us Nissan did not have a solution to fix the CVT transmission. We were told over and over Nissan is aware of the problem but only certain models were recalled. As we approached the end of our lease and that 36,000 mile warranty cut off we decided it was time to dump the Nissan because we did not want to risk replacing the transmission on our own dime. The last thing we needed was to be a few miles over the warranty and forced to pay for transmission they claim they couldn't fix. Boy were we surprised when the resale value was nowhere near the residual Nissan had hoped it would be worth. After calling Nissan corporate numerous times to discuss the problem with him very calmly no one really cared. We were truly shocked as we were willing to spend as much more in an Infiniti product. We ultimately decided to buy a reliable trustworthy Toyota Highlander and eat the negative equity Nissan didn't want to deal with. It's really a shame because we will certainly tell everyone we know about the risk you take when you purchase the Pathfinder. Overall a great vehicle but just not worth the risk because Nissan will not back you. You can get the same great gas mileage without the sketchy CVT transmission that Nissan uses to achieve good gas mileage.

So much for a new design
By carly13mky

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had nothing but problems with this vehicle. I was in and out of the shop with problems. From the airbag sensor, replacing the roof rail seals, and misc recalls. There were several other smaller issues, but one that could not be fixed and caused the dealership to trade my vehicle was something was wrong with the transmission. I would be driving in traffic, or in a school zone, hovering around 20mph, and the car would not accellerate. I had to either slam the break or turn off the car and restart it to get it to move. the dealership had it 3 or 4 times and "could not duplicate the problem". i sent a video in highway traffic to Nissan, nothing. i don't know if they ever figured it out.
Update, I've had this vehicle 2 years, and have almost 60k miles. The trim Gasketing is coming loose on the passenger side roof rail for the second time, and the door weather stripping is coming off on the rear passenger door. The car shutters art 30-40 MPh, depending on the temp, but I haven't gotten it fixed because I hate going to the dealership.