2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
2013 Pathfinder Excellent SUV
By dave_justdave on 07/16/13 13:57 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had my 13 Pathfinder now for approx 6 months and 5000 miles and everything is running beautifully. The leather seats are very comfortable, especially on long trips. The AC is been outstanding during these last few weeks of high heat. I barely notice the CV transmission now, handling is responsive in the city and on the highway. Overall mileage is much better than my last SUV - a Mazda CX9 V6. I would highly recommend this vehicle.

Just bought 2013 Pathfinder
By keenoo on 05/28/13 12:44 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have been reading the latest reviews on the 2013 Pathfinder and find them a bit disappointing. I bought mine yesterday and have 25 miles on it. I hope and pray I DO NOT have transmissions problems! I have been through transmission issues with a 2002 Ford Explorer and they were never rectified. I fell in love with this car after driving the Infiniti JX. I have the fully loaded Platinum. We read the reviews prior to buying and were so worried that the dealer included the 7yrs, 100,000 miles coverage on the engine and transmission. I hope the issues are in the minority and do not show up with me. If they do I hope Nissan can rectify the problem and take care of their customers.

sputtering
By chocolatecake on 05/26/13 18:22 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love my 2013 Pathfinder with the exception of the sputtering every so often. I have been told that there is no fix and Nissan is working on one; so therefore there is no recall as of now. It feels as though it will cut off when it does this. I have been told that no Pathfinder with this problem has cut off so far.

Run away
By kenneth20 on 05/24/13 10:25 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

So far after 2 months and 1600miles... Cracked valve cover dumped oil all over our driveway. On a mountain road shifting into low did nothing, the mechanic at the dealership verified the problem, but Nissan's official response is that this is the way the CVT works and that's it. On that problem and response alone we are trying to get our money back. Now we are experiencing the "Jutter" problem everyone else has been complaining about.

DON'T BUY THE PATHFINDER
By baine001 on 05/22/13 08:01 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2013 Pathfinder on April 19 and have just put 1000 miles on it. Since buying it it has shuddered at least a half a dozen times. The shudder lasts for about 2 to 3 seconds usually while trying to accelerate from a slow roll. The car has no power while the shudder is going on. Very Dangerous! I brought the car to the dealer and they told me that Nissan is aware of the problem and that it can take approximately 2 weeks to 2 months for Nissan to come up with a solution. I told the dealer that the car is unsafe to drive. They told me that Nissan told them that the car is safe to drive and that I need to “floor” the gas pedal when accelerating to bypass the shudder issue.

Do not buy this vehicle!!!
By slb10 on 05/20/13 15:52 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I read some negative reviews on this car. But I figured most people who review cars have probably had a bad experience, and were not the majority. I guess I learned a hard lesson. We bought the car 23 days ago. It has been in the service department for 16 of those days. It has broke down 3 times and had to be towed back in. The last week it was in the shop they had no answers for us. Today they informed us the are ordering a new engine control unit. I am not typically a complainer, but this has been beyond frustrating. The dealership (Nissan Uftring in Peoria) have been terrible communicators. My wish is they would just buy the car back. Unfortunately I don't think that is going to happen.

2013 pathfinder problems
By pepo9500 on 05/20/13 15:39 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchase the 2013 pathfinder march 2013. At about 160 miles the shaking, shuttering with the cvt started and the car was losing power at 1200-1500 rpms during acceleration.. The dealer found no prob. I was almost t-boned twice with my family in vehicle and so after 2 more trips to dealer and no fix I got nissan corporate involved. Needless to say they were no help. They acknowledged that they had received numerous consumer complaints but no solution. I requested that they replace my vehicle for another new pathfinder and a week later they refused with no explanation. The dealer eventually replaced it for me but have same cvt prob with new one. Don't buy this SUV too many prob..shame niss!

Great Car for Traveling
By jwil32e on 05/12/13 20:10 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I was looking for a family car with 3 rows so i looked at the Acura MDX which starts at the price i bought the pathfinder fully loaded, the Mazda CX-9, and the Infiniti JX. The JX would have cost $15k more fully loaded with only having a little more features like Lane Departure Warning which isnt worth $15k. The CX-9 and MDX dont compare when it comes to size. I am 6' and still have leg room in the 3rd row. The tech is great and its comfortable. Very minimal road noise it still wows me to this day. i normally drive about 80-85 and it feels like nothing in this. 4WD is also excellent. I get 19.7 mpg but again i drive 80-85. The 14 Speaker Bose beats hard and the tv's are great for the kids.

The good & the bad (transmission)
By djf4 on 04/20/13 11:27 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased on 2-18-13 the suv drives and handles well. The vehicle is roomy inside and not too large on the outside. Averages about 25 mpg at 70 mph and over 26 at 55-60 mph. Expect 20-21 mpg in local driving. Well pleased with the Pathfinder except for transmission problems. On slow acceleration, 20 to 25 mph,the transmission will shutter/shake. The problem repeats at about 40 mph. On 4-17-13, the Nissan dealer, who was very helpful, advised Nissan is aware of the problem but has no fix at this time. A Nissan Service Bulletin, dated Jan '13, did NOT fix the transmission! Hope the repair comes soon as I fear the transmission will fail while traveling.

Build quality issue
By anazar on 04/07/13 14:00 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We bought the new 2013 Nissan Pathfinder (SL version 45K) in January/13. By now, the SUV broke down 4 times: transmission hose fell off (the car had to be towed), overdrive did not work from the beginning, front lights burnt out, trunk door rubbed paint off the car due to bad alignment. All of these are manufacturing defects. We highly recommend this vehicle if you like to drive dirty service cars or unsuccessfully deal with Nissan Customer Service. Nissan is very proud of their design and manufacturing and believe that there is nothing wrong with the vehicle. Bravo Nissan Canada!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder Suv in WA is:

$192 per month*