2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews 3

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Most practical in its class
By mlebauer on 08/18/13 09:18 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The Pathfinder was not originally on my list, gravitating towards the Mazda CX-5 due to sportiness and fuel economy. When I took the 15 & 17yo boys to look at the new car, they sat in the back of the Mazda and declared, "no way". We headed up car dealer row trying out similar vehicles: Mazda CX-9, Hyundai Santa Fe, Subaru Outback, Toyota Highlander, Chevy Traverse & Equinox, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Dodge Journey, Ford Edge and Explorer. Of all those that "fit", the Nissan had the best fuel economy, and the most attractive interior. It's just plain a comfortable ride, with near luxury interior and nice soft leather seats. Good since I was replacing an Escalade and Jaguar with the Nissan.

Disappointed
By dmontoya on 08/17/13 09:15 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased in April, the car has been to the dealership 3 times for repairs (over 30 days in the shop and counting, it is there now). First visit was for a misaligned hood and pax airbag issue. Second was for same Pax airbag issue and CVT, currently in for a new transmission due to cvt issues (stuttering between 15 and 20 mph). We are invoking our state's lemon law to have Nissan buy back, we will see how that goes. Great looking car, quality is the worse I have ever seen in my 30 years of purchasing vehicles.

Finally a Pathfinder that's rides like an Acura and Benz
By roadtester1 on 08/04/13 10:44 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Why is 2013 Nissan Pathfinder a solid choice in my opinion vs. some of its peers. For starters Nissan finally moved away from an off road SUV (truck on frame) to one that mainstream families like myself will want and use. How many families do you know that go rock crawling or off roading vs. those who need space, comfort, handling like an Acura or Mercedes with virtually no tire and road noise? How many V6's can offer 19-26 MPG's when fully loaded with the AC blasting? For those who do not like or complain about the CVT transmission need to learn more about it. This is not new. All snow mobiles, wave runners, boats and heavy equipment use this type of transmission and its a solid choice.

I LOVE THIS CAR! SL Platinum Premium
By kamikazijen on 07/16/13 14:02 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

There are always lemon cars and lemon dealers out there of which I do not have either. So 4 months and 4000 miles mine is going strong no problems! The CVT transmission is different and will bog down if you try to floor it you have to give it gas steadily and before you know it you are passing someone uphill going 80mph! I live at 7500ft elevation in Colorado I have had no problems with power or passing and it handles great in the snow. I have averaged 26mpg on all of my tanks since buying this car. Its a 7 passenger SUV that handles like a sports car! Much better than the 05 Xterra I traded in! That was a tank!

2013 Pathfinder Excellent SUV
By dave_justdave on 07/16/13 13:57 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had my 13 Pathfinder now for approx 6 months and 5000 miles and everything is running beautifully. The leather seats are very comfortable, especially on long trips. The AC is been outstanding during these last few weeks of high heat. I barely notice the CV transmission now, handling is responsive in the city and on the highway. Overall mileage is much better than my last SUV - a Mazda CX9 V6. I would highly recommend this vehicle.

Just bought 2013 Pathfinder
By keenoo on 05/28/13 12:44 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have been reading the latest reviews on the 2013 Pathfinder and find them a bit disappointing. I bought mine yesterday and have 25 miles on it. I hope and pray I DO NOT have transmissions problems! I have been through transmission issues with a 2002 Ford Explorer and they were never rectified. I fell in love with this car after driving the Infiniti JX. I have the fully loaded Platinum. We read the reviews prior to buying and were so worried that the dealer included the 7yrs, 100,000 miles coverage on the engine and transmission. I hope the issues are in the minority and do not show up with me. If they do I hope Nissan can rectify the problem and take care of their customers.

sputtering
By chocolatecake on 05/26/13 18:22 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love my 2013 Pathfinder with the exception of the sputtering every so often. I have been told that there is no fix and Nissan is working on one; so therefore there is no recall as of now. It feels as though it will cut off when it does this. I have been told that no Pathfinder with this problem has cut off so far.

Run away
By kenneth20 on 05/24/13 10:25 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

So far after 2 months and 1600miles... Cracked valve cover dumped oil all over our driveway. On a mountain road shifting into low did nothing, the mechanic at the dealership verified the problem, but Nissan's official response is that this is the way the CVT works and that's it. On that problem and response alone we are trying to get our money back. Now we are experiencing the "Jutter" problem everyone else has been complaining about.

DON'T BUY THE PATHFINDER
By baine001 on 05/22/13 08:01 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2013 Pathfinder on April 19 and have just put 1000 miles on it. Since buying it it has shuddered at least a half a dozen times. The shudder lasts for about 2 to 3 seconds usually while trying to accelerate from a slow roll. The car has no power while the shudder is going on. Very Dangerous! I brought the car to the dealer and they told me that Nissan is aware of the problem and that it can take approximately 2 weeks to 2 months for Nissan to come up with a solution. I told the dealer that the car is unsafe to drive. They told me that Nissan told them that the car is safe to drive and that I need to “floor” the gas pedal when accelerating to bypass the shudder issue.

Do not buy this vehicle!!!
By slb10 on 05/20/13 15:52 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I read some negative reviews on this car. But I figured most people who review cars have probably had a bad experience, and were not the majority. I guess I learned a hard lesson. We bought the car 23 days ago. It has been in the service department for 16 of those days. It has broke down 3 times and had to be towed back in. The last week it was in the shop they had no answers for us. Today they informed us the are ordering a new engine control unit. I am not typically a complainer, but this has been beyond frustrating. The dealership (Nissan Uftring in Peoria) have been terrible communicators. My wish is they would just buy the car back. Unfortunately I don't think that is going to happen.