Used 2013 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Fun ride
By nerdbasher

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We have had it for a month now. We had a 4 hour trip to see family and with a head wind for much of it still got just over 24 MPGs! We can slide the second row back so our two kids in car seats don't kick the back of my seat. Getting nieces and nephews into the 3rd row is nice because you can just slide the middle row up even with a big carseat! The transmission was a concern, lots of people moaning and groaning there. It feels different, BECAUSE IT IS DIFFERENT.The "stutter" described is likely just a result of inconsistent pressure on the gas when accelerating. I have tried to get the tranny to act up and if I press down, then let up then press down again it "transitions" gears but no prob

Sliding middle row, storage compartment in the back of the car is awesome! Put groceries down there and then fill up the cargo space on top. Even with 3rd row in place, more cargo room than our old explorer and a friends MDX. Great handling, turns almost as tight as my nissan sentra! I love the transmission feel, it is different but is so dang smooth! Great fields of vision all around, no bad blind spots.

It does look a little too "mini-van"esque. Maybe add some nice lines to the door panels instead of big flat doors.

close one
By seeme

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After taking the SUV home I was over joyed . After about 300 miles I noticed a a shutter when the gas pad was applied lightly and it disappeared as the suv 's speed reached about 35 mph..My dealer Sutherlin Nissan was wonderful..They put a new converter as per the mother company"s policy and on the way home about 10 miles, the problem was still there.. I called them and they then took it to the next step and ordered a new tranny. Since then two long trips and 7000 miles on the Suv and now after owning this Suv for three mths,,I give it 4 1/2 stars overall..Sutherlin Nissan of fort myers fla gets 5 stars and they also give a lifetime warranty at no add.charge on the drivetrain. Very nice SUV.

Great Gas milage for so big an SUV..It replaced my Saturn Vue 2009 which was very nice but had 75000 miles and its age was showing...lots of room..Interior very nice..very big deep glove box.my dog fits inside can use as a bed..lol lots of inside room all around.

should include the cross rails for the roof at the SL level. and why 6 cd at S level and then not available on the sv, sl , or plat..makes no sense..Also the packages are nice ,but items should be available by themselves...

Transmission Problems with no fix
By mpom

2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2013 Pathfinder in Nov of 2012, it began having the "shudder" fairly shortly after but I didn't acknowledge it for a while. As it continued to worsen, I brought it to the dealers attention. I was told they were aware but did not have a fix for it. I continued to mention it every time I brought the car in for service. I was finally told to call Nissan which is a joke. They sent me back to the dealer who has told me that for their protection they must be very careful with how they handle it. What about the $45,000 I spent. Where is my protection? I am considering hiring a lawyer....

2013 Pathfinder problems
By leprechaun3

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased on 12 Aug 2013. Took it on a trip last week (30 Oct t0 2 Nov). Experienced power surges when stopped, rpm jumped from 500 to 1000 . Had to keep foot on brake. Vehicle shuddered, once to the point that the whole vehicle shook. Took it to dealer today, 4 Nov, they called and told me that the transmission had to be replaced. The vehicle is 2 1/2 months old and has 2300 miles. They also told me that it was Nissan's policy to replace transmissions with remanufactured transmissions. Immediately called Nissan customer Care, told them this was not acceptable. Was told that my complaint would be expedited and that someone form Nissan HQ would call me. Waiting for more info now.

I am 6'5". The vehicle has plenty of room and is roomy and comfortable. With 3rd row seat down it has a lot of cargo space.

Fix the vehicle problem before you sell it. Dealer told me that it is a problem with the torque converter from a Nissan supplier.

More Problems...Poor Build Quality
By ahb36

2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We purchased a new 2013 Pathfinder Platinum AWD. 3rd gen CVT. You would think Nissan would have figured it out by now...NOT!!! By the time we had driven 4000km the car had been in the shop twice to reprogram the transmission. By 6000 km, in the shop two more times, but with a new transmission. Within 500 km after the new transmission was installed, the same drivetrain vibration. Nissan Canada says "It's a good car...we'll fix it" We said you have wasted too many hours running a vehicle back and forth from the shop. We lost 10k on trade in, and bought a 2013 Lexus RX350 F Sport. Wish we had bought the Lexus in the first place!!