2013 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: 2013 Pathfinder problems

2013 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Review

SL 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 CVT Automatic)

2013 Pathfinder problems
By leprechaun3 on

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased on 12 Aug 2013. Took it on a trip last week (30 Oct t0 2 Nov). Experienced power surges when stopped, rpm jumped from 500 to 1000 . Had to keep foot on brake. Vehicle shuddered, once to the point that the whole vehicle shook. Took it to dealer today, 4 Nov, they called and told me that the transmission had to be replaced. The vehicle is 2 1/2 months old and has 2300 miles. They also told me that it was Nissan's policy to replace transmissions with remanufactured transmissions. Immediately called Nissan customer Care, told them this was not acceptable. Was told that my complaint would be expedited and that someone form Nissan HQ would call me. Waiting for more info now.

I am 6'5". The vehicle has plenty of room and is roomy and comfortable. With 3rd row seat down it has a lot of cargo space.

Fix the vehicle problem before you sell it. Dealer told me that it is a problem with the torque converter from a Nissan supplier.