2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Dont Nuy Transmission Problems
By frankin on 09/16/13 18:57 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

New CVT Transmission has shuttering problem that Nissan doesnt have a fix for. they have tried replacing Torque converter with limited success. this Transmission is flawed, we paid $38K for a vehicle that cannot be fixed. NO more Nissans ever!

Worst ever purchased...traded for Honda
By glassman53 on 09/14/13 20:51 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The shudder got to bad and Nissan answers phone in Manila, Philipines and stalls forever and wears you down. Dealer network very poor in our area, and traded off now because the market is all ready getting the buy backs on the market and values are falling fast. Nissan should do a recall but will not do so until forced

Great Value...Very luxury feeling
By stygz2 on 09/12/13 11:41 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had been looking at replacing my Subaru tribeca. I looked at the explorer, acadia, santa fe. and highlander. The explorer's interior felt cheap compared to the acadia and pathfinder and it was not as quiet also. The santa fe was a decent vehicle but did not really like it. The toyota's interior felt patched together....two information screens, and second row seats seemed to be a pain to configure. It really came down to the Acadia SLT and the Pathfinder SL. I could have bought either but the pathfinder was thousands less than the GMC. So far I have put on about 2200 miles in two months. The ride is smooth and quiet. Interior is very upscale.

Pathfinder = WINNER!
By reigninslayer on 09/10/13 12:16 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my 4th Nissan vehicle since 2003 and my first purchase. The previous three vehicles were leases and I enjoyed them all. I picked the '13 PF PL over the competitors for many reasons including: Nissan reliability, Nissan's CVT is the best among the other's out there, brand loyalty, standard features, ride quality, cargo space and technology. I have just over 1200 miles so the vehicle is over the break-in period. I am averaging 23.6 MPG with a 66 mile round-trip daily commute consisting of 90% highway and 10% city. I have not experienced one issue and thoroughly enjoy my new '13 PF. Build date is April 2013.

Best Care I've Ever Owned
By johnjohn12 on 08/27/13 17:35 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2013 PF, SL, 4x4 premium in June 2013. I have almost 2,000 miles on it so far and it is the funnest SUV I've ever owned. Absolutely comfortable inside and plenty of room for my two kids. Lots of fun gadgets and great has milege. I haven't had any problems with anything and have absolute trust in the Nissan name.

Switched from Titan LE Truck to Pathfinder Platinum
By chaseco321 on 08/23/13 08:15 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Absolutely Love this vehicle. Bought 3 weeks ago, I average 25K miles a year, and so far it is wonderful with no problems. Does not have the power of my previous Titan V8, but for a V6 with a CVT Transmission, it does great for my needs. Researched Ford Explorer Limited and Pathfinder, mulled over all the blogs, comments and bottom line for me, the Price for the vehicle & all the Premium Platinum features verses the Ford Explorer Limited, along with the "trade Value" three years from now, Nissan won this buyer over again. Especially love the remote start and heated/cooled seats. So Far So Good!! 360 camera view also a neat feature!!

Most practical in its class
By mlebauer on 08/18/13 09:18 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The Pathfinder was not originally on my list, gravitating towards the Mazda CX-5 due to sportiness and fuel economy. When I took the 15 & 17yo boys to look at the new car, they sat in the back of the Mazda and declared, "no way". We headed up car dealer row trying out similar vehicles: Mazda CX-9, Hyundai Santa Fe, Subaru Outback, Toyota Highlander, Chevy Traverse & Equinox, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Dodge Journey, Ford Edge and Explorer. Of all those that "fit", the Nissan had the best fuel economy, and the most attractive interior. It's just plain a comfortable ride, with near luxury interior and nice soft leather seats. Good since I was replacing an Escalade and Jaguar with the Nissan.

Disappointed
By dmontoya on 08/17/13 09:15 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased in April, the car has been to the dealership 3 times for repairs (over 30 days in the shop and counting, it is there now). First visit was for a misaligned hood and pax airbag issue. Second was for same Pax airbag issue and CVT, currently in for a new transmission due to cvt issues (stuttering between 15 and 20 mph). We are invoking our state's lemon law to have Nissan buy back, we will see how that goes. Great looking car, quality is the worse I have ever seen in my 30 years of purchasing vehicles.

Finally a Pathfinder that's rides like an Acura and Benz
By roadtester1 on 08/04/13 10:44 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Why is 2013 Nissan Pathfinder a solid choice in my opinion vs. some of its peers. For starters Nissan finally moved away from an off road SUV (truck on frame) to one that mainstream families like myself will want and use. How many families do you know that go rock crawling or off roading vs. those who need space, comfort, handling like an Acura or Mercedes with virtually no tire and road noise? How many V6's can offer 19-26 MPG's when fully loaded with the AC blasting? For those who do not like or complain about the CVT transmission need to learn more about it. This is not new. All snow mobiles, wave runners, boats and heavy equipment use this type of transmission and its a solid choice.

I LOVE THIS CAR! SL Platinum Premium
By kamikazijen on 07/16/13 14:02 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

There are always lemon cars and lemon dealers out there of which I do not have either. So 4 months and 4000 miles mine is going strong no problems! The CVT transmission is different and will bog down if you try to floor it you have to give it gas steadily and before you know it you are passing someone uphill going 80mph! I live at 7500ft elevation in Colorado I have had no problems with power or passing and it handles great in the snow. I have averaged 26mpg on all of my tanks since buying this car. Its a 7 passenger SUV that handles like a sports car! Much better than the 05 Xterra I traded in! That was a tank!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder Suv in NJ is:

$258 per month*