Used 2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Beware
By krismac

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have major issues with my transmission at 11,000. Also still have extra travel while braking on uneven surfaces (city roads) and that is after recall

The new Rogue has better infotainment and connectivity features, and is much less than the 45k of the Platinum Premium....it probably drives better too. I leased mine...and am counting the days til it goes back. I have had multiple pathfinders in the past, will not in the future

CVT Software Glitch Results In Drivetrains Replacement. .
By richard194

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

When I bought the 2013 Pathfinders, like any new owner I was thrilled. . Unfortunately there were a few things that I id not understand. So when my pathfinder began shuttering and shaking at 900 miles, I contacted customer service who referred me to the local dealership, who with all of there up-to-date computer diagnostic could not fit the problem. Fortunately, Nissan already understood the problem before I bought the car. "Faulty Software & the Service Campaign" Whereby the owner brings in the vehicle multiple times exhibiting the same problem, and nissan replaces the entire drivetrain. Thats right. . Faulty software that can not be changed, that ends up damaging the CVT on its own. .

No repair parts available
By jcove

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

2013 Pathfinder was rear ended with damage to the driver side rear quarter panel. Pathfinder has been at the Nissan body shop for six weeks waiting on the quarter panel. The insurance company has ok'ed ( without my knowledge) the shop to repair the damaged sheet metal rather than continuing to wait on the rear quarter panel. When contacted Nissan consumer affairs on assistance with rental car reinbursment and or possible making a payment due to the lack of repair parts. I was told the part was on national backorder. no assistance on the rental nor the payment. Nissan customer service has slipped from what it used to be as I have owned 8 other Nissans. This will be my last one !!!!!

Prior to producing a new product , have a working repair parts network available to be able to support the product.

Starts with "L" ends with "emon"
By mpom

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My 2013 Nissan pathfinder has had transmission problems for months and I have repeatedly given Nissan the opportunity to fix it and have had the transmission replaced once. Yesterday it stalled in the middle of an intersection with traffic coming in both directions and my two children in the car. I will not drive this car again. I paid $43,000 for a car I am afraid to drive or put my children in. Nissan needs to correct these problems and stop putting people at risk.

Pass on the Pathfinder
By aposak

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

At least until the transmission issues with stuttering and surging are sorted out, avoid this one. The storage spaces are poorly thought out, can't get the glove compartment open if there's a passenger in the front. The center console screen is confusing and low quality. No Bluetooth music connectivity unless you spring for navigation, and the Bluetooth phone is really noisy.

V6 with the CVT has tons of instant torque. 3.5L engine has been very reliable in my Altima, so I expect it to last. Good headroom in 3rd row.

Fix the transmission already!! Have a factory running board option... too tall for little kids to climb in unassisted. Better layout, especially in the dash and center console with the storage. Upgrade the center console screen. Make Bluetooth music streaming available without nav, or even standard (bought a $30 adapter on Amazon to add it to my car).