2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Transmission Problems with no fix
By mpom on 11/08/13 05:25 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2013 Pathfinder in Nov of 2012, it began having the "shudder" fairly shortly after but I didn't acknowledge it for a while. As it continued to worsen, I brought it to the dealers attention. I was told they were aware but did not have a fix for it. I continued to mention it every time I brought the car in for service. I was finally told to call Nissan which is a joke. They sent me back to the dealer who has told me that for their protection they must be very careful with how they handle it. What about the $45,000 I spent. Where is my protection? I am considering hiring a lawyer....

2013 Pathfinder problems
By leprechaun3 on 11/04/13 15:33 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased on 12 Aug 2013. Took it on a trip last week (30 Oct t0 2 Nov). Experienced power surges when stopped, rpm jumped from 500 to 1000 . Had to keep foot on brake. Vehicle shuddered, once to the point that the whole vehicle shook. Took it to dealer today, 4 Nov, they called and told me that the transmission had to be replaced. The vehicle is 2 1/2 months old and has 2300 miles. They also told me that it was Nissan's policy to replace transmissions with remanufactured transmissions. Immediately called Nissan customer Care, told them this was not acceptable. Was told that my complaint would be expedited and that someone form Nissan HQ would call me. Waiting for more info now.

More Problems...Poor Build Quality
By ahb36 on 10/08/13 08:58 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We purchased a new 2013 Pathfinder Platinum AWD. 3rd gen CVT. You would think Nissan would have figured it out by now...NOT!!! By the time we had driven 4000km the car had been in the shop twice to reprogram the transmission. By 6000 km, in the shop two more times, but with a new transmission. Within 500 km after the new transmission was installed, the same drivetrain vibration. Nissan Canada says "It's a good car...we'll fix it" We said you have wasted too many hours running a vehicle back and forth from the shop. We lost 10k on trade in, and bought a 2013 Lexus RX350 F Sport. Wish we had bought the Lexus in the first place!!

Worse Nissan Ever!!!!
By kuffsy2k1 on 09/29/13 20:30 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I owned so many Nissan cars, trucks and suv's but I was so disappointed with 2013 Pathfinder. I bought my 2013 Pathfinder SV at first I was enjoying it but after I hit more than 1,000 miles it started shuddering and losing power. All the moulding under the door became loose and when I'm driving on the freeway it was vibrating so hard that the sound inside the cabin is so annoying. I brought it back to the dealer for them to fix the shuddering and losing power but the mechanic said "there's nothing wrong with. After three months of driving it I finally trade it in for the Titan which I should have bought in the first place.....

Dont Nuy Transmission Problems
By frankin on 09/16/13 18:57 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

New CVT Transmission has shuttering problem that Nissan doesnt have a fix for. they have tried replacing Torque converter with limited success. this Transmission is flawed, we paid $38K for a vehicle that cannot be fixed. NO more Nissans ever!

Worst ever purchased...traded for Honda
By glassman53 on 09/14/13 20:51 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The shudder got to bad and Nissan answers phone in Manila, Philipines and stalls forever and wears you down. Dealer network very poor in our area, and traded off now because the market is all ready getting the buy backs on the market and values are falling fast. Nissan should do a recall but will not do so until forced

Great Value...Very luxury feeling
By stygz2 on 09/12/13 11:41 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had been looking at replacing my Subaru tribeca. I looked at the explorer, acadia, santa fe. and highlander. The explorer's interior felt cheap compared to the acadia and pathfinder and it was not as quiet also. The santa fe was a decent vehicle but did not really like it. The toyota's interior felt patched together....two information screens, and second row seats seemed to be a pain to configure. It really came down to the Acadia SLT and the Pathfinder SL. I could have bought either but the pathfinder was thousands less than the GMC. So far I have put on about 2200 miles in two months. The ride is smooth and quiet. Interior is very upscale.

Pathfinder = WINNER!
By reigninslayer on 09/10/13 12:16 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my 4th Nissan vehicle since 2003 and my first purchase. The previous three vehicles were leases and I enjoyed them all. I picked the '13 PF PL over the competitors for many reasons including: Nissan reliability, Nissan's CVT is the best among the other's out there, brand loyalty, standard features, ride quality, cargo space and technology. I have just over 1200 miles so the vehicle is over the break-in period. I am averaging 23.6 MPG with a 66 mile round-trip daily commute consisting of 90% highway and 10% city. I have not experienced one issue and thoroughly enjoy my new '13 PF. Build date is April 2013.

Best Care I've Ever Owned
By johnjohn12 on 08/27/13 17:35 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2013 PF, SL, 4x4 premium in June 2013. I have almost 2,000 miles on it so far and it is the funnest SUV I've ever owned. Absolutely comfortable inside and plenty of room for my two kids. Lots of fun gadgets and great has milege. I haven't had any problems with anything and have absolute trust in the Nissan name.

Switched from Titan LE Truck to Pathfinder Platinum
By chaseco321 on 08/23/13 08:15 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Absolutely Love this vehicle. Bought 3 weeks ago, I average 25K miles a year, and so far it is wonderful with no problems. Does not have the power of my previous Titan V8, but for a V6 with a CVT Transmission, it does great for my needs. Researched Ford Explorer Limited and Pathfinder, mulled over all the blogs, comments and bottom line for me, the Price for the vehicle & all the Premium Platinum features verses the Ford Explorer Limited, along with the "trade Value" three years from now, Nissan won this buyer over again. Especially love the remote start and heated/cooled seats. So Far So Good!! 360 camera view also a neat feature!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder Suv in VA is:

$156 per month*