Used 2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Safety issues
By Joy2013

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Currently having problems with my 2013 pathfinder. The car was decelerating on its own and experienced loss of speed. It dropped from like 50-60 mph to below 20 mph, then went back up then slowed down again. I had my the gas down to the floor and it would not go beyond 20 mph. Then suddenly it would go fast again. I called my dealership while I was driving, they advised me to bring. I said I am almost home and then I would have my husband take it. However, it did it again while I was an intersection scaring me to death. I parked at a gas station , my husband came and decided to drive it to the dealership which was about 10 miles away. He checked it in the parking lot and it was running fine he said. Well, same thing happened to him after about a couple of miles but he made it to the dealership safely going really slow. It took the dealership 5 days before checking it and 2 days ago told us they could not duplicate the problem, or find a code. I complained to the manager about it and he says he checked it as well but no problem. I called Nissan corporate and they just got back to me today and they would not fix it. They denied that this car had any complaints like mine. They told me since it could not be duplicated there is nothing to fix. Well, I just checked online and a lot of people have the same complains. In fact, there is a class action lawsuit about 2013-2014 pathfinder transmissions. I am going to tell everybody I know about this problem! DO NOT BUY NISSAN!
I forgot to mention that airbag recall, mine has been reprogrammed the 3rd time because of problems!

Transmission issues hardcore
By Jared Gowan

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

At first I loved my pathfinder it was the truest of love, the kind you hear about In romance novels, but unfortantly that changed pretty early out of the gate. My first negative experience happened 18,000 miles in when my wife pulled out into on-comming traffic on a busy street. The pathfinder began to shake very badly and I woke from sleeping in the passenger seat and jumped up and said" what the hell did you hit!" She said "nothing "she didn't hit anything and so after she avoided being rear ended for lack of power to the wheels and learching back and forth. I said pull over I've gotta see the bumper to make sure you didn't hit anything. Got out of the car nothing wrong with the bumper all the tires were aired up and everything looked good. So I said "let me drive this thing home" and she obliged. Got in drove another mile towards the house and same thing it was like hitting masonry blocks in the roadway one after another at 40mph. Scared the crap out of me. I limped the vehicle back to the house at 12 mph for a few miles I parked it right there in the drive way called a tow truck and had it towed to the dealership. The next week they replaced the transmission under warranty. The funny thing is the service advisors act like they've never seen pathfinders with transmission failures. There were more than a few in the working bay lifted up having cvt replacements. See those guys are trained to act like the pathfinder cvt failures aren't an epidemic but I'm not stupid do your research people ! I've had two cvt replacements in 40,000 miles and it's not my wife's driving she drives like an old lady.the service advisor will say "well our cvt fluid needs to be changed at 30,000 miles! Well I only made it to 18,000 miles before the complete cvt failure how do you explain that? These transmission problems will surely cause more than a few accidents in the future and sadly probably a couple of deaths on the roadway
Nissan you need to admit to the problem and fix it permanently or prepare yourselves for many many law suits in the future. At very least consumers need more peace of mind with an extended powertrain warranty extension. I don't wanna even mention interior quality issues 2nd row seating latch breaking off rattling roof rails shaky hood flutter at highway speeds and all the other numerous little problems I've encountered in my 42,000 miles since purchase. Because simply put I'm concerned about the safety of my family first and formost and I can look past cheap build parts but I can't look past these trannys problems!! My two toddlers ride in this car everyday. Do yourself a favor and get a highlander or 4runner save a ton of headaches!!

Love this car!
By Anne Mueller

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We have had this car for 3 years and have made lots of trips inside of Texas as well as some to other states. It is a great car to travel in. The back seat is comfortable for adults and there was plenty of room for luggage. We do not use the 3rd row of seats very often but it is great to know they are there if we need them. We have driven from Texas to Florida twice with 4 adults and would gladly do it again. I am 5' 7" so leg room is important. The back AC controls are awesome, especially when my grandkids are in the back.
Love this car.
UPDATE: Just came back from the dealer to trade this one in for a 2015 Pathfinder. Very excited!

Good car but is impacted by transmission issue
By A

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Very good car over all, good performance and fuel economy for its size. For almost 3 years car performed very well but will just 35K mile on odometer we stated having acceleration issues. When costing around 20 mile and hour the car would not randomly accelerate even if you floor the accelerator. This was very bad for salty as you never new if the car would go. You had to completely back off the accelerator and then re-accelerate to get it going. The dealer was able to dignose the problem and replaced the CVT under warenty and the car is working fine again.

However now we are worried if we can this is car we can keep long term.

value