Used 2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

No repair parts available
By jcove

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

2013 Pathfinder was rear ended with damage to the driver side rear quarter panel. Pathfinder has been at the Nissan body shop for six weeks waiting on the quarter panel. The insurance company has ok'ed ( without my knowledge) the shop to repair the damaged sheet metal rather than continuing to wait on the rear quarter panel. When contacted Nissan consumer affairs on assistance with rental car reinbursment and or possible making a payment due to the lack of repair parts. I was told the part was on national backorder. no assistance on the rental nor the payment. Nissan customer service has slipped from what it used to be as I have owned 8 other Nissans. This will be my last one !!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Prior to producing a new product , have a working repair parts network available to be able to support the product.

Starts with "L" ends with "emon"
By mpom

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My 2013 Nissan pathfinder has had transmission problems for months and I have repeatedly given Nissan the opportunity to fix it and have had the transmission replaced once. Yesterday it stalled in the middle of an intersection with traffic coming in both directions and my two children in the car. I will not drive this car again. I paid $43,000 for a car I am afraid to drive or put my children in. Nissan needs to correct these problems and stop putting people at risk.

Pass on the Pathfinder
By aposak

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

At least until the transmission issues with stuttering and surging are sorted out, avoid this one. The storage spaces are poorly thought out, can't get the glove compartment open if there's a passenger in the front. The center console screen is confusing and low quality. No Bluetooth music connectivity unless you spring for navigation, and the Bluetooth phone is really noisy.

Favorite Features

V6 with the CVT has tons of instant torque. 3.5L engine has been very reliable in my Altima, so I expect it to last. Good headroom in 3rd row.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the transmission already!! Have a factory running board option... too tall for little kids to climb in unassisted. Better layout, especially in the dash and center console with the storage. Upgrade the center console screen. Make Bluetooth music streaming available without nav, or even standard (bought a $30 adapter on Amazon to add it to my car).

Dissponted Owner
By ckone2030

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought this car in June 2013 because i liked the style and had owned Nissan in the past. First week already had some transmission rattling issue, in which Nissan still does not have a solution. In 6 months already have 2 recalls. And most recently the front bumper cracked for no reason. The expert in the bodyshop said that material is very flimpsy and would crack easily. Terrible experience with this Pathfinder and this maybe the last Nissan I will ever buy.

Favorite Features

Styling

Suggested Improvements

Better overall quality and use better and more durable materials

Fun ride
By nerdbasher

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We have had it for a month now. We had a 4 hour trip to see family and with a head wind for much of it still got just over 24 MPGs! We can slide the second row back so our two kids in car seats don't kick the back of my seat. Getting nieces and nephews into the 3rd row is nice because you can just slide the middle row up even with a big carseat! The transmission was a concern, lots of people moaning and groaning there. It feels different, BECAUSE IT IS DIFFERENT.The "stutter" described is likely just a result of inconsistent pressure on the gas when accelerating. I have tried to get the tranny to act up and if I press down, then let up then press down again it "transitions" gears but no prob

Favorite Features

Sliding middle row, storage compartment in the back of the car is awesome! Put groceries down there and then fill up the cargo space on top. Even with 3rd row in place, more cargo room than our old explorer and a friends MDX. Great handling, turns almost as tight as my nissan sentra! I love the transmission feel, it is different but is so dang smooth! Great fields of vision all around, no bad blind spots.

Suggested Improvements

It does look a little too "mini-van"esque. Maybe add some nice lines to the door panels instead of big flat doors.