2013 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: 100 miles and counting but Nis

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Review

100 miles and counting but Nissan cheaped out on CD Player
By clintjohnsonnc on

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just picked up a 2013 SL on Friday and have 111 miles on it. For unfathomable reasons, Nissan gives you a 6-CD player on the entry level Pathfinder, but only 1-CD player on the more expensive models!! The mileage so far is around 18.8, but I hope this picks up to promised 22 combined. I have not yet taken it on a flat highway to see if I get the 26 mpg promised. Happy with it so far, but the 1-CD changer is irritating on a car that lists for more than $36,000. Another puzzle at first was the radio no longer has the "SAT" button, so, at first, we thought we didn't have XM radio.

Backup camera is handy. It beeped at me when backing close to a parked car in a tight parking lot. We also like the memory driver seat and the power passenger seats, and the heated seats.

Give all models the 6-CD changer. This vehicle can be improved by making the cross bars on the roof rack standard. You have to buy the cross bars as an option, which makes no sense as you don't really have a roof rack if you don't have the cross bars. My cross bars are having to be shipped from California to North Carolina and installed after I will have had the vehicle for at least a week.