Used 2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Pathfinder 2013
By ALFREDO RAUSEO

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Excellent car

Disappointing
By Sir Drivesalot

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Rather fun to drive. HOWEVER-- I just learned today that the roof rack is not adjustable, which should be sort of a no-brainer for any suv. This is because the rails are not parallel, unlike my GMC Yukon which has an easily-adjustable roof rack. In addition, the vehicle has quite a bit of road noise including the "whistling windshield" which had to be replaced soon after purchase. Gas mileage is not impressive, and the CVT is a distraction. Our biggest concern has been the defective passenger-side airbag which has been recalled. When we asked the dealer last year (before recall) why it remained off when the seat is occupied the technician said that my wife "might not be sitting on it properly". Would not recommend.

Plop plop fix fix
By JO

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

In the short time I have owned this vehicle , I have had to bring it in twice for a faulty passenger seat airbag. Once for the CVT computer . I have had to replace the rear liftgate shocks, a motor mount, and now two visors restricting visibility . Not to mention when the vehicle reaches speeds of approx. 70 mph the hood shakes and the latest driverside airbag recall. I am not impressed by the overall workmanship and Quality of the 2013 pathfinder .

Safety issues
By Joy2013

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Currently having problems with my 2013 pathfinder. The car was decelerating on its own and experienced loss of speed. It dropped from like 50-60 mph to below 20 mph, then went back up then slowed down again. I had my the gas down to the floor and it would not go beyond 20 mph. Then suddenly it would go fast again. I called my dealership while I was driving, they advised me to bring. I said I am almost home and then I would have my husband take it. However, it did it again while I was an intersection scaring me to death. I parked at a gas station , my husband came and decided to drive it to the dealership which was about 10 miles away. He checked it in the parking lot and it was running fine he said. Well, same thing happened to him after about a couple of miles but he made it to the dealership safely going really slow. It took the dealership 5 days before checking it and 2 days ago told us they could not duplicate the problem, or find a code. I complained to the manager about it and he says he checked it as well but no problem. I called Nissan corporate and they just got back to me today and they would not fix it. They denied that this car had any complaints like mine. They told me since it could not be duplicated there is nothing to fix. Well, I just checked online and a lot of people have the same complains. In fact, there is a class action lawsuit about 2013-2014 pathfinder transmissions. I am going to tell everybody I know about this problem! DO NOT BUY NISSAN!
I forgot to mention that airbag recall, mine has been reprogrammed the 3rd time because of problems!

Transmission issues hardcore
By Jared Gowan

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

At first I loved my pathfinder it was the truest of love, the kind you hear about In romance novels, but unfortantly that changed pretty early out of the gate. My first negative experience happened 18,000 miles in when my wife pulled out into on-comming traffic on a busy street. The pathfinder began to shake very badly and I woke from sleeping in the passenger seat and jumped up and said" what the hell did you hit!" She said "nothing "she didn't hit anything and so after she avoided being rear ended for lack of power to the wheels and learching back and forth. I said pull over I've gotta see the bumper to make sure you didn't hit anything. Got out of the car nothing wrong with the bumper all the tires were aired up and everything looked good. So I said "let me drive this thing home" and she obliged. Got in drove another mile towards the house and same thing it was like hitting masonry blocks in the roadway one after another at 40mph. Scared the crap out of me. I limped the vehicle back to the house at 12 mph for a few miles I parked it right there in the drive way called a tow truck and had it towed to the dealership. The next week they replaced the transmission under warranty. The funny thing is the service advisors act like they've never seen pathfinders with transmission failures. There were more than a few in the working bay lifted up having cvt replacements. See those guys are trained to act like the pathfinder cvt failures aren't an epidemic but I'm not stupid do your research people ! I've had two cvt replacements in 40,000 miles and it's not my wife's driving she drives like an old lady.the service advisor will say "well our cvt fluid needs to be changed at 30,000 miles! Well I only made it to 18,000 miles before the complete cvt failure how do you explain that? These transmission problems will surely cause more than a few accidents in the future and sadly probably a couple of deaths on the roadway
Nissan you need to admit to the problem and fix it permanently or prepare yourselves for many many law suits in the future. At very least consumers need more peace of mind with an extended powertrain warranty extension. I don't wanna even mention interior quality issues 2nd row seating latch breaking off rattling roof rails shaky hood flutter at highway speeds and all the other numerous little problems I've encountered in my 42,000 miles since purchase. Because simply put I'm concerned about the safety of my family first and formost and I can look past cheap build parts but I can't look past these trannys problems!! My two toddlers ride in this car everyday. Do yourself a favor and get a highlander or 4runner save a ton of headaches!!