Used 2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Transmission Issues
By ironjasper

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We bought our '13 Pathfinder SL 4WD in August of 2013. Within two months we started to feel the CVT Transmission shuddering under light throttle applications. We had the car in the shop four times for this issue, but they could never replicate the problem. After the shuddering started to become progressively worse and became a safety concern, we finally asked the dealer to buy the car back for the balance of our loan. Happily, they agreed, and we were given $6000 more than the Kelly Blue Book trade value. Other than the transmission issue, the car was very nice. It rode great and got very good MPG for a mid-sized CUV ....

Favorite Features

Great MPG for its size and performance .... Very nice ride and decent level of standard equipment.

Suggested Improvements

From everything I have read, and the fact that our dealer bought ours back, I do not believe there is a fix for the transmission shuddering issue at this time. The '14 models are also experiencing this problem as well as the Infinity crossover that uses the same platform. If this problem is fixed at some point in the future, this is a nice vehicle and worth consideration when shopping for a mid-sized CUV ...

A little trouble expected
By reviewer17

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

With 2 kids now and carpooling I needed something with a third row. I love it because it's not totally huge but the inside (even the third row) is very roomy. I especially like the second row folds forward even with car seat in it. We got the car in Dec of 2012. We got one of the first ones in our state and When we got there they were still cleaning it up and saw them taking stickers off some of the interior that said Infiniti on them. Yes this platinum addition has the interior of a luxury car/SUV . Now on performance. The car drives great!!!! I have had the car a year and a half and have over 10000. I have had zero issues except for the recall on airbag and brakes.

Favorite Features

roomy third row, luxury interior, all the bells and whistles including bose stereo system. drives great

Suggested Improvements

it took three trips to the dealership to fix the airbag problem. Largely because mine was one of the first ones and they didn't know what the problem was because the recall hadn't happened yet. In fact, it wasn't until the recall that they did fix it. I think if you are buying a new to the market car you have to expect some glitches that wont show to the dealer until its been mass marketed. If you don't want to deal with that you should probable wait until its been out a year or two before purchasing. With that said I completely understand the frustration with the major transmission probs and i would feel the same. I think Nissan still makes a great car and will hopefully make things ri

Beware
By krismac

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have major issues with my transmission at 11,000. Also still have extra travel while braking on uneven surfaces (city roads) and that is after recall

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

The new Rogue has better infotainment and connectivity features, and is much less than the 45k of the Platinum Premium....it probably drives better too. I leased mine...and am counting the days til it goes back. I have had multiple pathfinders in the past, will not in the future

CVT Software Glitch Results In Drivetrains Replacement. .
By richard194

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

When I bought the 2013 Pathfinders, like any new owner I was thrilled. . Unfortunately there were a few things that I id not understand. So when my pathfinder began shuttering and shaking at 900 miles, I contacted customer service who referred me to the local dealership, who with all of there up-to-date computer diagnostic could not fit the problem. Fortunately, Nissan already understood the problem before I bought the car. "Faulty Software & the Service Campaign" Whereby the owner brings in the vehicle multiple times exhibiting the same problem, and nissan replaces the entire drivetrain. Thats right. . Faulty software that can not be changed, that ends up damaging the CVT on its own. .

No repair parts available
By jcove

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

2013 Pathfinder was rear ended with damage to the driver side rear quarter panel. Pathfinder has been at the Nissan body shop for six weeks waiting on the quarter panel. The insurance company has ok'ed ( without my knowledge) the shop to repair the damaged sheet metal rather than continuing to wait on the rear quarter panel. When contacted Nissan consumer affairs on assistance with rental car reinbursment and or possible making a payment due to the lack of repair parts. I was told the part was on national backorder. no assistance on the rental nor the payment. Nissan customer service has slipped from what it used to be as I have owned 8 other Nissans. This will be my last one !!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Prior to producing a new product , have a working repair parts network available to be able to support the product.