Used 2012 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

my picker finally worked
By jeff flood

2012 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am a the guy who buys something and if it does everything it supposed to do..I have track record staying with that product..I had 4 or 5 Saturn's...all good until they stopped making them. I had my heart set on a different SUV....but a friend recommended a Nissan pathfinder..I took it for a drive and fell in love....I just lost my job and things are borderline impossible....all I worry about is how can I keep this car....one of the few good decisions I have made...I still love this car....and am recomending it to all...

Great vehicle
By Moises Santiago

2012 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had Pathfinders since 2007, I had a 2008, 2009 and now have 2012 since that year. I cant complain, it is an amazing vehicle, I have drove this vehicle from NC to NY to TX to AL, anyways this vehicle is just great for whatever you need it, great spacing, I have a family of five and we are super comfortable. NAV system is great, the radio sound is great (BOSE), only bad part is that doesn't have USB ports and cant connect your Ipod with Bluetooth, cell phone works great with Bluetooth. It came with a DVD system and two wireless headsets, that's great for the kids. Like I said I have had mine since 2012 and it runs perfectly, no issues, paint is still awesome, so I can trust that I will have this great vehicle for many many more years. I recommend to anyone.

Great for safety!
By Scott Perry

2012 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I survived a rear in car crash in my Pathfinder, from a fellow going 40 mph and I was at a dead stop. Just a few weeks later I was hit in a head-on car crash! The car saved my life! It can really take a pounding.

2 Year Recap
By mrcarp

2012 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Silver Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

2 years old with a little under 13,000 miles.
Continued happiness with the PF.
Seems to be holding up and is still as solid as new.
No issues as of yet (knock on wood).
Replaced the headlight bulbs with super whites.
Drastic improvement over stock.
Let's hope it lasts, with any luck our 4 year old will be driving it, 12
years from now, of course.

Manual-Drive Mode - may not be as fuel efficient as full auto, but a great feature. Towing - Pulling a ton of wood pellets is effortless. Overloaded a trailer by accident with about 3,000lbs of crushed stone - total tow weight was in excess of 4,000 lbs. Pulled great...stopping was a little challenging. If towing much over a ton, trailer brakes are highly recommended...

Rear seat space - Would happily forego 3 - 4 inches in the cavernous trunk to gain rear seat space for kids car seat and big dog. Guessing that the new grocery getter PF has a better layout and is more family friendly. Gas Mileage - Not so great...Avg 14 - 17 in mixed driving. Using Super Non-Ethanol. The capabilities of the PF is worth the trade-off though.

1 Year Review
By mrcarp

2012 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Silver Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

One year old with a little over 7,000 miles.
No complaints and does what I need and expect it to.
Driver seat leather holding up...still watching it and putting leather preservative on it monthly.

Auto-shift is a great feature, especially for towing, and works very smoothly. Rear windows go ALL the way down. Extra DC plugs by passenger's left leg are handy for digital gizmos. Very versatile rear seat 'fold-ability'. Extra pockets and netting in trunk area are handy.

The audio system has not yet grown on me. Sounds great, but the radio buttons are all over the dashboard. Plus the volume control is too close to the ignition key. I occasionally blast it when I am shutting the engine off. The volume notches are a little wide also, as it always seems to be a little too loud or just not loud enough. Minor issues though....