2011 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: Why did they change to a Cross

2011 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Review

2011 Nissan Pathfinder

S 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Why did they change to a CrossOver?
By ihatexovers on

2011 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'd write several paragraphs but I don't have a lot of space...so here goes.....I LOVE THIS TRUCK! I've had it for three years and hate to turn it in in April @ the end of its lease with over 100K miles on it. It's reliable, fun, a work horse and economical. How can that be? I drive almost a tank full of gas each day with my job. I spend more time in it each day than my bed! I've seen it through all weather conditions and even terrain. I've NEVER had a vehicle that performs as well in all environments! If you think this truck drives too much like a truck...then you've probably never owned a real truck before it...and you probably had yuckie cars as well. I will hate to see my truck go but...

...I'm getting a 2014 Pathfinder as a replacement. Hopefully this X-over will turn my concern into praise. What to like...drivetrain: powerful and reliable. Easy to put into 4x4....and IT WORKS! Ride...yes...I like the ride. It handles very well and is FUN on curvy roads! Steering wheel is the bomb! Brakes work well...and they've lasted...I've not changed them! Steering is crlsp and precise. This is the base model...and the CD stereo rocks! Yes...it sounds great even though I had to burn cds to listen to it! All controls are easy and have worked reliably. Seats are supportive and materials have held up well given the abuse. Storage...WoW over 5.5' in back..flat folding seats! That's the bomb

Things I'd change....hvac system must be on flat ground in order to warm up....why? Interior plastics scratch WAY too easy...but I've learned to hide them! Auto windows down with remote? CRAPPY idea! Twice I got into a soggy car! Tilt control for steering column...place it on the side. The rest is irrelevant since the new model is out. The big news is this truck is a great value and should give great service even used! I REALLY wish they'd kept the same configuration but the market has gotten SOFT! WHAH! Rides like a truck they say! Get a Subaru! Only problem I had with truck was fuel pump @ 5K miles. Stupid circumstances but I think explainable. Don't buy the Xterra...this is better!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By redg
on 12/21/15 12:00 PM (PST)

Since I live where it's warm almost all the time, the auto window feature on the remote is a great idea when walking back to the car after playing golf or when visiting my kids in Phoenix. Nice to cool it off a bit while walking up or while putting the golf clubs in the back. The newer models will not be satisfactory. Anemic engines and towing capability.