2011 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: 2011 Pathfinder

2011 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Review

2011 Pathfinder
By sctrooper on

2011 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was in the market for an SUV capable of hauling my recreational vehicles, carrying a few friends around, providing quality...all without breaking the bank. I wanted the Silver Edition for the features, and would not have settled for anything less. Edmunds provides an accurate review of the vehicle, which I agree with most points. The Pathfinder definitely has a "truck" feel when driving and a somewhat stiff ride. This is probably due to the fully boxed frame and the beefy suspension which helps allow the Pathfinder tow over 6000 lbs. The interior features make it feel more upscaled, which is common with Nissan. Overall, the Pathfinder is a versatile SUV, suitable for most needs.

-The BOSE radio -Hauling capabilities -Heated seats -7 inch informational display -Rear view camera -Leather seats feel durable -Dual-zone climate -Nissan's SmartKey

The main improvement would be the ride. The Pathfinder does not have a terrible ride, but the GMC Yukon or Chevrolet Tahoe definitely provide a smoother ride most consumers probably want. I enjoy the rugged truck ride the Pathfinder deliveries, and I expected the ride to be a little more rugged than the aforementioned. One other improvement would be fuel economy. Of course I am not expecting SUV's to have the fuel economy cars have, but for a V6 I would have expected a little better.