Used 2011 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

The perfect choice
By redg

2011 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

we bought a 3800# travel trailer and my Isuzu Rodeo just wasn't quite up to the task of towing it. I wanted a powerful V-6 with comfort. Got this car from a dealer (it was the salesman's wife's car) with 6300 miles. Ride is pretty stiff and busy but better than the Rodeo. Step on the gas and you're GONE!. It tows the trailer very well and gets good fuel mileage doing so. We spent 3 weeks on the road last year, up and down some extremely steep roads without a problem. My one complaint was the standard radio was terrible. I replaced with one from Crutchfield and now love everything about this car.

Power for towing, styling, comfort. It should be noted that this is the S model. Bottom of the line of the Pathfinders. It's extremely quick in traffic and true in steering, ride is sports-car firm. Ours came with a dealer-installed DVD player mounted to the ceiling. We've never used it. Lots of power outlets in front and in back Not quite 4' wide in back to carrying plywood doesn't work but it will hold a whole lot of stuff (and rides great with a load)

Driver seat comfort on this model not te greatest. The lumbar support is better than nothing but hard to operate on the road. Don't even think about putting adults in the third row seats for more than a few minutes. Emergency uses only but better than nothing I guess. The stock radio is not worth owning. No volume and distorts at anything past half volume. The Sony I bought from Crutchfield and installed myself is a gem...and with USB outlets, something this model lacks.

Why did they change to a CrossOver?
By ihatexovers

2011 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'd write several paragraphs but I don't have a lot of space...so here goes.....I LOVE THIS TRUCK! I've had it for three years and hate to turn it in in April @ the end of its lease with over 100K miles on it. It's reliable, fun, a work horse and economical. How can that be? I drive almost a tank full of gas each day with my job. I spend more time in it each day than my bed! I've seen it through all weather conditions and even terrain. I've NEVER had a vehicle that performs as well in all environments! If you think this truck drives too much like a truck...then you've probably never owned a real truck before it...and you probably had yuckie cars as well. I will hate to see my truck go but...

...I'm getting a 2014 Pathfinder as a replacement. Hopefully this X-over will turn my concern into praise. What to like...drivetrain: powerful and reliable. Easy to put into 4x4....and IT WORKS! Ride...yes...I like the ride. It handles very well and is FUN on curvy roads! Steering wheel is the bomb! Brakes work well...and they've lasted...I've not changed them! Steering is crlsp and precise. This is the base model...and the CD stereo rocks! Yes...it sounds great even though I had to burn cds to listen to it! All controls are easy and have worked reliably. Seats are supportive and materials have held up well given the abuse. Storage...WoW over 5.5' in back..flat folding seats! That's the bomb

Things I'd change....hvac system must be on flat ground in order to warm up....why? Interior plastics scratch WAY too easy...but I've learned to hide them! Auto windows down with remote? CRAPPY idea! Twice I got into a soggy car! Tilt control for steering column...place it on the side. The rest is irrelevant since the new model is out. The big news is this truck is a great value and should give great service even used! I REALLY wish they'd kept the same configuration but the market has gotten SOFT! WHAH! Rides like a truck they say! Get a Subaru! Only problem I had with truck was fuel pump @ 5K miles. Stupid circumstances but I think explainable. Don't buy the Xterra...this is better!

My Third and Final!!
By markrec1

2011 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Pathfinder, I previously had a 1996 and 1999, both unbelievably reliable and fun to drive SUVs. This truck is a disaster, rides horribly on all road conditions and after 1 year, I am still trying to figure out why the transmission shifts at the inappropriate times. There are much better choices out there, especially if you want to achieve any type of respectable MPG.

Styling Eats Snow

Awful Gas Mileage Ancient/Unrefined Transmission Horrible Interior Control Layout Poor Ride Quality

Factory Paint Flaw
By brittadcock

2011 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Silver Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Pathfinder less than 2 months ago. About 3 weeks(or less) into ownership, while hand-washing my vehicle, I noticed 3 different chips in my passenger side doors. No dents. I brushed it off and thought about getting touch-up paint. While bringing the issue to the attention of my dad, a well-known, retired, body man and paint expert, we did a walk-over of the vehicle and noticed there were several chips all over the vehicle, from top to bottom. Though they were microscopic at the time, in the sunlight (this being a silver paint vehicle, they WERE hard to spot if you weren't looking for them), we noticed the spots were bigger than before, and there were bubbles in the paint. My dad labeled it as something called "surface tension", which is somewhat like a pimple. He said it is something that is on the metal before the factory paint was applied and it was simply working its way up through the surface of the paint, ending as a chip. Simply put, in about 3 years, my BRAND NEW Nissan Pathfinder is going to look like a gray vehicle with patches of silver shimmer. The paint will continue to chip. I took it to the dealership, Waco Nissan, which is the same dealership I purchased the vehicle from and showed them what I was concerned about. They told me they would get in touch with the local Nissan Rep. and he would make further decisions about my situation. Later that same week, I came in to meet with the rep and he told me that all they could offer was a repaint". I have done my research and I knew that repainting is almost the same as being in an accident when it comes to resale value'. Repainting my vehicle would end up costing me money when it came to trading it in;. Needless to say, I refused;. The Nissan Dealership then offered to escalate my issue to the actual Nissan company:. I waited three weeks for an answer, playing phone tag with the associate who was responsible for my case?. She would call, leave a message, say I could return her call, never answer, call a few days later, and then finally called to say they had rejected my claim|. The same day they revealed that they had rejected my request for a replacement vehicle, but before the fact, when I had taken it in for the first oil change, I talked to the owner of Waco Nissan, same person who sold me the vehicle, and he said that Nissan had not contacted him for any pictures or sent anyone else to look at the vehicle;. Basically, Nissan made their decision based on hearsay, no evidence. No one gave a crap to look at it and see what was going on with the paint, besides the original rep who came out a month ago. Since then, the chips have become more noticeable and the spots which were once bubbles have become chips. I don't know what to do, at this point, I feel that all Nissan is doing is working to get that signature on the dotted line and doesn't care to take fault for anything that happens in their factory.. I don't feel that it is fair for them to expect me to be okay with paying a new price for a car that needs to be repainted right off the lot. Simply, they don't care. The consultant who delivered the news even went so far as to offer the number for the BBB.

2011 Silver Edition Pathfinder
By jtjnk

2011 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Silver Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Pathfinder and my husband has an '06 Pathfinder SE. I traded in my '06 Sienna xle for the '11 Silver Edition. I wanted a 7 passenger 4x4. There are a lot of crossovers out there but I wanted a true 4x4 with the capacity to drive out of my driveway without me having to shovel, snow blow or plow it. I have 5 kids and I did have a Suburban but it was too big for everyday use for me, so back to the Pathfinder I went. The Pilot and the Durango were considered - Pilot was too plain inside and out and didn't seem as capable in the snow as a Pathfinder. The Durango was my second runner up but the Pathfinder was a better buy for the $$, reliability and 4x4 capability.

Love my avalanche exterior and beige leather interior, back up camera, xm radio, just a beautiful truck!

I had my dvd put in by the dealer because the Silver Edition doesn't come with a dvd only the LE