2010 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Limited Edition Pathfinder
By carnutz99 on 10/22/13 04:25 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

we own a 2010 Nissan Pathfinder LE and we love it. plus it does have a navigation system and we used it but we are not so crazy about it and it does have heated seats. it has 3rd row seats to but we never use them because we only have 3 people in our family.

Steady and Reliable
By newro on 05/21/13 11:42 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My third one, had an 05, an 07 and now a '10. Love the Pathfinders. I have an LE this time so a little more plush inside. I am a contractor and use this for work so carry lots of tools and materials, no problem carrying the load. When it clean up it cleans up good. Gas mileage isnt great but other than that I can honestly say non of the Pathfinders that I have owned have ever let me down. Excellent build quality and would highly recommend.

Does its job, quality average at best
By snowatcher on 11/14/12 08:59 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

When we bought it new, it was after a long decision process between Pathfinder and 4Runner. It fits the needs of our family here in Colorado perfectly - it's comfortable around town and on the highway, great for camping trips, and surprisingly good off-road. Really nice interior design and quality. We are happy with it after 3 years of ownership, and hope to keep it long time. My wife absolutely loves it, however, the built quality to me is questionable. When off-roading, the squeaks and rattles are very annoying, it feels like the truck is going to fall apart. Back on the road, it's surprisingly smooth and quiet. If you don't go off-road, there are much better choices out there.

Dependable, but not exceptional
By bconeseven on 09/09/12 09:03 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle new in April of 2010 as a replacement for my 2005 Chevy Trailblazer which was becoming undependable mechanically. It was important to me to get a nice “cockpit fit” with comfort and electronics, and a dependable vehicle. My first observation is that I had to buy a much more pricey vehicle than what I really wanted in order to get just a few options that I found important. That would not be all that bad, if those features worked as promised. The day I drove the vehicle off the lot, it had two deficiencies: The Bluetooth connection for the phone did not sound good and the windshield was improperly installed, causing an awful noise in the wind and at high speeds. After much effort and loss of use (mostly the fault of Faulkner Nissan in Harrisburg, PA and not Nissan itself other than allowing the actual defect to leave the factory), the noise is fixed. The Bluetooth issue appears to be a result of poor design and is not fixable. I’ve owned several vehicles with a built in cell connection of some type and I frequently rent vehicles for work travel so I have a lot of vehicles to compare this one to. The extremes: Talking on my phone in the Trailblazer was like being in a sound booth; simply perfect, connected via OnStar with a Verizon account—I even got better reception than I did with the cell phone itself. The Pathfinder is the absolute worst I have ever experienced. It is almost bearable if the vehicle is not in motion, but it is impossible to carry on a normal phone conversation when at speed. So, if you are looking for only intermittent emergency use of the Bluetooth/cell feature, this might get the job done for you. If you are looking to return calls and conduct business while on the move, I suggest you look elsewhere. I should also note that the Bluetooth in this vehicle is only for the phone. If you want to play music from your iPhone, you’ll need to use an RCA cable (coupled with the fact that you need to charge your phone then from one of the 12V power outlets, you’ll have at least two wires running around your vehicle. Beyond these issues (which are obviously important to me), the vehicle is average. 18.4 MPG, almost no matter what I am doing. It is a good dog transported as I leave the 3rd row set down all the time so the space in back is bigger. My pooch likes the rear A/C. The 2nd row of seating looks big to me and I imagine it is fine for kids, but my workmates tell me there is no leg room when we go to lunch. I get it serviced on time and there have been no significant mechanical issues beyond those I have already mentioned. You could do worse. Just don’t buy from Falkner Nissan in Harrisburg, PA.

Crash tested 2 of them!
By badkitty1 on 07/23/12 23:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Got an 08 for hubs cuz the deal we got. Our love affair w/Nissan began! Someone turned in front of him when it was a week old. Minor, fixed easily. When I got mine, I told sales I didn't want a black or Pathfinder (since hubs already had). Well, didn't have $ for Armada so ended up w/ my black Pathfinder LE! I've had it for 2.5 years and am in love. Few mos ago, a car was came at me head on, hwy speeds. Had to drive into a ditch, he hit my back 1/4 pan at 50mph & spun me 90 deg. in the ditch My 2wd Pathy drove in the ditch like it was a road. Had a bruised knee & neck/back injured. He had no insurance, so mine footed the bill. $8000 in damage, (mostly to rear susp) but she's good as new!

Nice SUV
By wke14 on 02/13/11 13:10 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I actually have the 2010 diesel pathfinder in Spain. TONS of torque. Unbelievably quiet on the road. It always surprises me how quiet a ride it has when I pull out on to a highway after being off-road. My mileage thanks to the diesel averages around 30-35 miles to the gallon. Fit and finish of the dash is not as good as my Toyota but still not terrible. After 6 months I am pretty happy with it. The 7 seats are great with the kids and in-laws. Bose package is also very nice.

Ideal automobile for the growing family!
By mrspacheco on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a Nissan Pathfinder 2WD SE. This SUV has been a dream come true for me! I am a mother of 2 children (1 toddler & 1 baby). I bought this truck so that I could have more interior room than a car. With regards to the lack of leg room...It is just fine for those who have children! For the next few years my children will not be needing an excessive amount of legroom, so the Pathfinder is the PERFECT choice due to the dependability, price, and overall quality that Nissan has always provided. I am extremely satisfied with this truck!

Great SUV
By 2010 LE 4x4 with nav on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I use 87 octane gas, have had it since 8/14/10 and have not noticed any problems with using regular gas. I average @ 16 miles per gallon in the city. The ride is quiet and compliant. This is a good value for your dollar.

2010 le 4x4 with nav
By rpe1 on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I drive mainly in the city, and it has all the power that I need. It uses some gas, but i think 15 miles per gallon is good in the city. I have owned the pathfinder for 4 weeks and it meets all of my expectations.

Snow Digger
By BASTION on 08/26/10 17:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've purchased new about 2 months ago and have been using it all over. Very Reliable and outstanding build quality.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Pathfinder in VA is:

$144 per month*