Used 2009 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

One of the best SUV'S in the market
By fxromawac

2009 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had my path for a year and living here in Winnipeg Canada, I had noticed the exceptional power especially when driving in snow covered roads. The only problem is the third row seat (only good for kids) but overall, regardless of the poor gas mileage if your looking for a car that can race with a v8 yukon, a lighter v6 pathfinder can beat it!!!! (I'm telling you guys! I've tried it with a friend when we raced down I-29 North Dakota)

Third row seat legroom

Good Overal Package
By Rob S

2009 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for 2 problem free years. It has been very reliable, comfortable, and worry free. It is big and heavy but that doesn't hurt the handling that much (I have upside wheels that help as well) but it does impact fuel economy. I routinely get around 16 mpg around town. I am happy with the purchase and would probably do it again.

Love the music box and CF card reader on the LE model with Navigation.

Better fuel economy. Not so much slush in the transmission.

Great Choice
By Danny in Houston

2009 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I used this site to do research on my next purchase and it had a lot of great info. I feel I made a great choice in the Pathfinder, and I got a great deal on the one I purchased. Even this base model comes with so much. I changed the radio out and put fog lights on myself but other than that , it doesn't need anything else unless you want to Pimp your ride. I'm not going off road but I still have enough room and power to go over something if i need to and not get stuck. Gas mileage for me is good, because i don't drive all over town and hardly any hwy at all. i needed a larger vehicle to haul around active kids (3) but still feel cool driving

keyless entry is nice, lots of space and flexibility, comfortable ride, love all the features that come with it

all radios need to at least play mp3 disc or have a ipod/mp3 aux connection built in.

So far so good
By ncintoronto

2009 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Thrilled with my purchase. Not concerned about the lack of space for passengers as all my passengers are under the age of 7. Lots of fun for the kids. And super comfy for us in the front. Had a wonderful drive from North to South.

Heated steering wheel, heated seats, steering wheel access to most things, bluetooth, rims, wheels... everything????

none so far

The Nissan Won
By D.P. Williams

2009 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I tried out the Honda, Toyota, GMC,Hyundai and more but none of them measured up to the Pathfinder. The ride is a bit stiff but very comfortable and with very little road noise. The seats are very comfortable on extended trips especially with the ability to change the position at the touch of a button. Fuel mileage is better than rated but my biggest complaint on fuel is that it uses premium fuel. With all the technology Nissan has I am sure they build a V-6 engine that runs equally as well on regular grade fuel. We love the room the Pathfinder offers both for passengers and hauling our gardening items.

The six CD player is great for traveling and gives hours of listening enjoyment without having to constantly change the disc.

The sound system could stand a bit of tweaking. As I mentioned earlier, Nissan needs to do better with the V6 that requires premium fuel.