2009 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
One of the best SUV'S in the market
By fxromawac on 05/08/11 17:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had my path for a year and living here in Winnipeg Canada, I had noticed the exceptional power especially when driving in snow covered roads. The only problem is the third row seat (only good for kids) but overall, regardless of the poor gas mileage if your looking for a car that can race with a v8 yukon, a lighter v6 pathfinder can beat it!!!! (I'm telling you guys! I've tried it with a friend when we raced down I-29 North Dakota)

Good Overal Package
By Rob S on 08/02/10 12:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for 2 problem free years. It has been very reliable, comfortable, and worry free. It is big and heavy but that doesn't hurt the handling that much (I have upside wheels that help as well) but it does impact fuel economy. I routinely get around 16 mpg around town. I am happy with the purchase and would probably do it again.

Great Choice
By Danny in Houston on 12/23/09 10:55 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I used this site to do research on my next purchase and it had a lot of great info. I feel I made a great choice in the Pathfinder, and I got a great deal on the one I purchased. Even this base model comes with so much. I changed the radio out and put fog lights on myself but other than that , it doesn't need anything else unless you want to Pimp your ride. I'm not going off road but I still have enough room and power to go over something if i need to and not get stuck. Gas mileage for me is good, because i don't drive all over town and hardly any hwy at all. i needed a larger vehicle to haul around active kids (3) but still feel cool driving

So far so good
By ncintoronto on 11/22/09 20:00 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Thrilled with my purchase. Not concerned about the lack of space for passengers as all my passengers are under the age of 7. Lots of fun for the kids. And super comfy for us in the front. Had a wonderful drive from North to South.

The Nissan Won
By D.P. Williams on 08/16/09 09:45 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I tried out the Honda, Toyota, GMC,Hyundai and more but none of them measured up to the Pathfinder. The ride is a bit stiff but very comfortable and with very little road noise. The seats are very comfortable on extended trips especially with the ability to change the position at the touch of a button. Fuel mileage is better than rated but my biggest complaint on fuel is that it uses premium fuel. With all the technology Nissan has I am sure they build a V-6 engine that runs equally as well on regular grade fuel. We love the room the Pathfinder offers both for passengers and hauling our gardening items.

4th Pathy
By Tony V on 07/07/09 14:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Pathfinder and the best one yet! Great power and smooth ride. Just returned from long road trip from NY to Florida. Seats were comfortable and handling was superb. MPG is in line with other trucks this size. 22-23 mpg on highway with regular unleaded.

A good thing better
By Tyler on 04/22/09 07:50 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We picked up our 2009 Pathfinder a few days ago and we are very pleased with it. We live in northern Canada and our roads are terrible due to frost heaving and heavy truck traffic. Our Pathfinder smoothly glides down the bumpy highway at 195km/h no problem. It also crosses 4 foot deep rivers, climbs steep muddy hills and pulls our 4 ATV quads like nothing. We also have a VW touareg and it compares very well to this vehicle except the touareg only has seats 5 and has no cargo space. I will buy another pathfinder when the wife writes this one off.

Great SUV
By saraivasitaly on 03/23/09 03:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had it for about 2 months. Drives great and comfortable. Wife is 4' 10", the standard power pedals and driver seat make sure she has no problems driving. Handles like a car, very smooth ride. Comes with more standard equipment than competition and priced lower than most. I love my Pathfinder and I don't regret my choice. Averaging 16MPG in city.

Happy
By R Duchini on 01/18/09 11:18 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We've had this vehicle for a little over a month. We've had 0 problems. It's fun to drive. I'm 6 ft and wifes 5 ft 4, both have comfortable rides. One was over a 7 hour drive to Canada. We looked at the Acadia and the 4Runner. I'm glad we picked the Pathfinder, no regrets.

No regrets
By Bill T on 01/11/09 19:20 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a few months ago and have no regrets. I think the look is great, I've had no problems at all, the V6 has more than enough power, its fun to drive, and meets all my needs without having to spend extra for things I have no use for.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Pathfinder in VA is:

$127 per month*