2008 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: First Pathfinder

2008 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Review

S 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 5-speed Automatic)

First Pathfinder
By TEAdams on

2008 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This not only my first Pathfinder, but my first Nissan. After ten years of driving my old '97 Dodge Dakota it was time for something new. I'm not big on gadgets, so the S trim was perfect for me. I was amazed by everything that came standard on the base model. I had to get the SLT package on my old Dakota for these features. The V6 actually produces 31 HP more than the 5.2L V8 in my Dakota and I only gave up 12 pound feet of torque. The Pathfinder is a pleasure to drive and handles great. It corners better than my old Dakota. The towing power is a major plus. 6000 Lbs is more than enought to pull my 5X8 trailer with a full load. I would buy another Pathfinder in a heartbeat.

The dashboard layout is very nice and well thought out. The center console is nice too. I really love the adjustable drivers seat. I hate electric seats, so the manual adjustments are perfect for me.

The door moldings and splash guards should be standard on all trim levels. I paid to have these installed because you really need that bit of extra protection against car doors and debris from the road surface. Other than that I can't think of anything.