Driving in NY city
By alainw on
2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I own a 08 LE and an 1998 LE pathfinder. The 08 has 16k miles on it and the 98 110k. They both are great but absolutly not comparable. The LE also has the navigation and DVD package. I never was able to achieve better than 12m/g in the city in any condition in the 08 where it is 16 m/g on the 10 years older PF. My 39 m lease on the 08 will finish in 7 weeks and I will bargain buying it from Nissan Bank. Having said that I am definitly pleased overall. But I still prefer the built and drive of the 10 years older PF (08 is built on a truck frame while 98 is a car based SUV). I find that nothing is plastic inside of the latter and the plush carpet and in it are better quality.
Favorite Features
Looks, kelyess, music box, navigation, acceleration and speed. No problem with anything. Doesn't dent easy at all (having witnessed repeatedly people opening their car doors on my car enough to rock the car but no dent it. Excellent AWD feature. The front seats are very comfortable. No transmission problems or feeling the road like some other reviewers. No leaky roofs or falling ceiling. Very very quite cabin. Superb power for a 6cyl can accelerate my way 8 lanes right post toll to make a near missed exit without compromising on anyones safety or driving. It's great on bumps and potholes, never slowed down and never broke anything.
Suggested Improvements
DVD can't be started unless u turn of the car or may be this is the only way to reset it. Voice recognition is useless always in error, while on infinity cars it never second guess you. The second row seats is loose, their is a humid smell when u fist turne the A/C. Paint scratch very easily. The 98 low gear is better and the older truck did much better in the 12/26/10 NY storm. I hope the 2013 path is rebuilt after the 98 to 2004 pfs and I will definitly buy it. I can't believe the the 98 is much better on fuel. Tail gate cloth with a loud baby startling ear drum breaking sound.