Pathfinder Tranny/cruise/handling issues
By Aviatorduke on
2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Well built vehicle, typical Nissan workmanship and design in the build. Very happy with the power to weight. Gets up and goes for a vehicle in this class. As another contributor stated and I have to agree I too like the "throaty" sound with acceleration. Great towing power and good off road handling with the 4x4. On the downside I think the tires are too soft for the vehicle weight and at highway speed it is very sloppy and wanders. I too experience what seems like tranny lurching on downhill grades but I found if I turned the cruise off it stopped. Seems as vehicle gets driven more it is better - not sure what that is all about. During servicing I have brought that issue to dealership.
Favorite Features
The XM radio and sound system. Backup cam is awesome! My wife has had issues backing up and that has helped her! Like the fuel computer. Love the big comfortable front "arm chairs" and the heated seats are great in the "minus a million" weather!
Suggested Improvements
Could use a bit more HP to perhaps give a a little better fuel mileage (power to weight). Bluetooth - come on Nissan it is 2008! Putting in the nav system with the backup cam would be better. How about some arm rests for the front seat folks in the big arm chairs! Fix the power train issue fast!