2008 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: Initial Gas Mileage, Etc.

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Review

Initial Gas Mileage, Etc.
By ohlode on

2008 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The only thing that I was hesitant about prior to purchase was the poor mileage reports for the Pathfinder, both V6 and V8. My 2008 Pathfinder S 4x4, 4.0L V6 automatic after the first 3 tanks averaged 18.2 mpg in the city. This is what the in-dash computer was telling me but I didn't believe it until I crunched the numbers after each fillup. Much better than I expected. This is in-town driving with maybe 10 to 20% expressway. I'm fairly light-footed and you can tell a difference if you put your foot into it but I'm not nursing it either. This is a superb SUV for the money.

Towing capacity! Interior well planned. Third seat standard is a big plus. Like the easy lift hatchback. My deal and drive comparison was the 2008 SR5 4Runner which didn't stack up. Also like this Pathy better than my 2003 Tacoma D cab.

Body side mouldings and standard roof rack crossbars should be standard on the Pathfinder S. Rails are unusable w/o the crossbars. Nissan accessories should be more reasonably priced.