2008 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: Great SUV with affordable pric

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Review

Great SUV with affordable price tag
By Dan B. on

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After giving the Pathfinder a thorough test drive on a cold, rainy day (hard acceleration, hard braking, cornering, lane changing, U turn etc.) I decided to trade in my Lexus RX 330. Since my other car is a Z, I wanted to still have good performance with 4x4 capabilities. After taking the Pathfinder to the mountains on the weekend Iím even happier with my decision. The engine is powerful and responsive. The suspension provides a comfortable ride. The view of the road is excellent. The sound system is great. The cabin is quite and the instrumentation is great. I especially like the navigation system and the link to live traffic. All in all a most excellent vehicle.

Engine performance, quite ride, excellent sound and navigation system, and very comfortable seats affording great view of the road.

Minor comments since I deem this to be an excellent vehicle: AC fan's low hum is a bit annoying when car is at rest; allow selection of POI while car is in motion. Both are minor since the first will be filtered out as I get used to the car and Iím sure the second is driven by lawyers vs. usability.