2008 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: First Pathy....but not last

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Review

First Pathy....but not last
By Buzzo in NY on

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I researched mid-sized SUVs for about six months before deciding to buy my Pathfinder. My comparisons were "whittled" down to the T4R, Acura MDX and NPF. Considering the MDX was about 10K more than I wanted to spend....then there were two. What ultimately made my decision easy was the financing Nissan offered and to date have not been disappointed. I only have about 7K miles on it and have not yet experienced any of the transmission "clunking" stated by other reviewers. One thing I'm keeping an eye/ear on is the amount of engine vibration that exists between 4K and 5K RPM. It seems to smooth out closer to the redline. Extremely happy so far however...

Manual shifting option, Backup camera, Aggressive looks, Standard towing package, Roof racks, decent stock stereo

Ditch the third row seat and push the second row back about 8 inches. Add a lock to the gas cap. Add finer adjustment to the tilt steering wheel. I am 6'3" tall and struggle to find a comfortable angle. Tighter turning radius.