Excellent SUV with a few wrinkles
By DocNY on
2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Having gone from a Ford Explorer LXT to a Mercedes ML280, ML350, and Land Rover LR3, I had my doubts about the Nissan. I can honestly say, the Nissan is built as well if not better than my German and English rides, and has held up admirably to a variety of highway, winter, dirt roads, and trails. Only trouble has been limited to dead battery when the headlight "auto-off" feature stopped on occasion leaving technicians scratching their heads, and a faulty doorlock on passenger door made it impossible to exit vehicle from the back seat. Mild valve noise has appeared at 36K miles but too early to tell if this is meaningful.
Favorite Features
All the luxuries of my Mercedes without the outrageous cost. Nice styling in and out, with less in shop time than any of my previous SUV's.
Suggested Improvements
Why put the climate knobs at the audio section, and the audio knobs further from the CD player? It's been a year and still throws me. Tranny occasionally searches, revs, then lurches. Dome lights should eventually turn off with time so rear dome will not discharge battery when car is locked.